You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've noticed that in the weeks leading up to a game there are multiple threads started requesting spares. For example, INTORRESTING started a thread looking for a Fulham ticket earlier today only to be bumped way down by two or three other threads requesting the same thing. These threads usually disapear due to little interest and another soon appears meaning that the person who asked first is usually done out of a ticket by somebody who started a thread after him. Obviously people sorting their mates out is sound but when another randomer gets there before you simply because he asked at the right time it is a little frustrating.

I think it'd be a good idea to pin this thread so people who are stuck can request tickets in here and we'll know the order in which people stand before we take or dish out any spares.

No?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's a good idea considering how bad our ticket office is. I am also happy to get tickets for others if i get through as i dont see the point of getting 1 or 2 when i could get 4 and sort some fellow reds out. The touts getting them and flogging them makes me sick.

Like the sound of that, I also have no qualms about buying an extra ticket for a decent red on the odd occasion I get through.

Also , this myth that if you're not a local number you get through quicker is utter bullshit. If it were true my desk wouldn't be full of little notes , the contents of which, I wouldn't wish to repeat with minors around.

Obviously a good idea but really needs to be a separate board / forum.

Also if you're sorted out for a ticket a site donation should be mandatory.

Well lets see if it gets off the ground first. No point dedicating a forum to it when it doesn't work.

And making a site donation mandatory sort of rules out people without credit cards and I think it is sort of shit to make money from tickets. Not that I'm being a stingy prick either.

If we had 3 or 4 of us trying and everyone did genuinely try then i reckon we could all get sorted.

I have started waiting until the adult and child run out and then try as i have never got through on the phones before that. Most people seem to want to sit together but i couldn't care less about that as when it goes to singles one minute you are 60 in the queue then it drops quite a lot each time the announcement is made. I suppose a problem is the phone bills? I am sure that will even out though

I used to get online all the time but this 30 mins thing seems to have cocked that up as cannot get on the system.

it way off yet, and I may well get it sorted myself, but just incase - I'll need 2 for Spurs at home.

I can swap them for one season ticket for the day on the Kop.

So basically, if anyone is planning on getting one for spurs, get two instead, and you can have mine on the Kop.

Simples!

compare_the_meerkat.jpg

I know it's a different issue (i'd be up for getting extra and putting them on here btw) but do people think if we're still challenging for title on the last day you'll have to have previous games on your fancard to get tickets?

It's be a double edged sword for me cos i get my Dad's tickets on mine and he wouldn't be able to go but if i didn't get one having gone every game cos people wanted to just go the glory games i'd be fuming.

it way off yet, and I may well get it sorted myself, but just incase - I'll need 2 for Spurs at home.

I can swap them for one season ticket for the day on the Kop.

So basically, if anyone is planning on getting one for spurs, get two instead, and you can have mine on the Kop.

Simples!

compare_the_meerkat.jpg

That would be the hardest game to get tickets for if we are still in with a shout of the league title.

Great idea.

The touts were looking for up to £120 + a ticket on sunday

that is crazy! plenty turn up with a load of tickets and realise they cant flog them and end up giving them to touts for 10-20 quid aswell. One guy at 10 for the fulham game early on in the season.

What programme is your avatar from, seem to remember it being from some weird football comedy?