You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hobbs has done well for Leicester, and done well for us in his one appereance. Just don't think we'll risk being one bad injury away from having Sami as a regular, and Hobbs/San Jose as back up.

Ah April Fool I guess. The match I went to see he was was awful, let in 3 including a winning own goal in the 90th minute.

BOSS: DANE CAN BOOST TITLE CHALLENGE

James Carroll 01 April 2009

Rafael Benitez believes Daniel Agger's return to fitness can bolster Liverpool's title challenge.

Injury problems have restricted the Dane to just two starts so far this year, but the centre-back was handed a 15 minute run-out in the Reds' last fixture against Aston Villa and Benitez is confident a fully-fit Agger will have an important role to play as the season draws to a conclusion.

"It is always a boost when you have good players coming back into the squad after injury, especially at this time of year because it is the most important part of the season," said the Anfield boss.

"If they are fit they can help the team with the quality they have.

"Agger showed when he came on against Aston Villa that he is no longer injured and he also showed that he can play really well with the ball, bringing it out from the back.

"So it will be good for us to have him available again, particularly as we have been without him on several occasions.

"Hopefully now he will be really fresh and ready to play his part because everyone knows that he is an important player for us."

Didn't know James C has joined .tv - I think he used to run (he probably still does) shanklygates.co.uk.

asking for a pay raise when u havent been at work for 2 years is hardly fair(6)

Why, is global inflation suspended then for someone who is unwell? If an injury is work-related in particular, surely one would expect to be remunerated in line with any other employee whilst recuperating.

Agger’s incentive to Liverpool: free tattoos - FourFourTwo

You must admit though, the guy is one cool customer and the inscriptions in latin give a slight insight into the kind of person he is, I think. :)

If he leaves and comes up against Nando or Skrtel in future, he may as well change his tatoo to "Death is certain and so is the hour"

Anyone who slags off one of our players or tells them to 'fuck right off' based on a bunch of shite newspaper articles can go fuck themselves. You're ripping into people for over reacting to what Crouch said and what? Agger is the definition of badass because he has a few tattoos and doesn't play with dolls?

He's a professional and has always acted like that in a red shirt. He hasn't slagged off Rafa. In fact, all he's said is that he's waiting on a contract. Rafa was fighting for a new one for him while he was injured. As for those of you with memories the size of teaspoons. Agger is a much better player than Skrtel and it won't be easy to replace him. So until and unless he actually does fuck off based on a supposed lack of starts... shut the hell up.

Does that include him touting tickets?

And it's not a bunch of shite newspaper articles, it's actual attributable quotes to the player himself (and it's not the first time, he's had a moan about not starting, which in turn is disrespectful of the manager and his team mates). Maybe he'd be better off shutting the fuck up and doing his best to re-capture his form and fitness to put himself in a strong negotiating position instead of positioning himself to run his contract down.

Does that include him touting tickets?

And it's not a bunch of shite newspaper articles, it's actual attributable quotes to the player himself (and it's not the first time, he's had a moan about not starting, which in turn is disrespectful of the manager and his team mates). Maybe he'd be better off shutting the fuck up and doing his best to re-capture his form and fitness to put himself in a strong negotiating position instead of positioning himself to run his contract down.

I said 'in a red shirt'. Meaning on the pitch. I don't really care what he does off it and I don't want to go into a huge argument again about the immorality or illegality of his ticket touting. He does the business when he's on that strip of grass and that's all I really care about.

And this thread has only gotten to this many pages because every time he's off for international duty, some cunt Danish newspaper puts out a retard article and everyone in here starts slagging him off based on that.

He hasn't played enough to recapture his form and it's not really an issue with Rafa because he's glad to have him back from injury.

And he hasn't been in any position to run his contract down. I haven't heard of him refusing any terms. He hasn't been offered anything.

Maybe Agger could do worse than watching the following clip.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe Agger could do worse than watching the following clip.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdOLFSU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Shanks was Shanks. It's nice to dream about every modern day player in our squad playing like that but it's no longer the case.

That doesn't disregard the fact that he's quality, a better player than Skrtel, and we should want him to stay.

I'm sure Shanks didn't dream of any of his players being booed by the luverly crowd either.

Get him signed up, for a number of reasons its a no brainer!

He has the ability to become one of the best CB's in the world.

It will cost a fair wedge to replace him with someone of similar quality.

If he is on a longer term contract and his attitude doesn't improve we will be able to get a fair wedge over the 8 million figure that is being "touted" around.

He has time on his side and CB's dont hit their peak to late 20's at best, he will become a superb player, and I want him to do that here.

There's no doubt about his quality and potential, I wish the same could be said for his committment and on current form Skrtel is the far better player.

Current form? One injured all season and one playing?

Agger is a much better player than Skrtel, and better even than Carragher at the same age. We need to keep him, he is the closest thing to Hansen we will ever get.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bandulu

Goal aside, I thought he looked a bit shaky. Skirtel is certainly the more imposing defender, but Agger is ideal for games like today.

Agger vil blive i Liverpool - Sporten.dk - Danmarks Sportssite

According to Agger and Benitez, it looks like Agger is staying, but he has to be patient, because no contract will be given to him, before these important games has finished. Agger has indicated he wants to stay as well. Article in Danish above.

Good stuff. He is a class act and we need to keep players of his calibre.