You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rogan Rat strikes again

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask an honest question here as I've got very little knowledge of this bad feeling towards him. How does he earn a living? If he's part-time lecturing then how does he take a year off to write a book and give all the proceeds to the HFSG. Is it from speaking engagements?

Can I ask an honest question here as I've got very little knowledge of this bad feeling towards him. How does he earn a living? If he's part-time lecturing then how does he take a year off to write a book and give all the proceeds to the HFSG. Is it from speaking engagements?

His whole 'career' came off the back of the tragedies that beset the club. He is neither an academic or a journalist. He's an opportunist. He has carved a career from getting a few opportunities as a completely unqualified talking head on a few local radio spots. He touted for, and got, a job at the university, in a post created for him.

What happened there?

He'd been involved in talks with some members of the committee and said he wanted to be involved with the next meeting - so he was asked to go on stage with the committee and would be allowed time to talk about shareliverpool. He got his chance quite early on, then went on to tell everyone getting 5k together was no problem because it is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "just the cost of a small car like a VW polo". Anyway, after plugging his "deal" and totally failing to miss the point that the majority of the people in the room stuggled to get the 600 quid together for their ST, let alone pull 5k out of the air to make him the new chairman, he then waltzed off stage not staying to the end so he could hog the TV camera's outside and take the news away from the SoS meeting and plant it firmly with his shareliverpool.con. He wasn't interested in anything that happened in that room except to gain himself and his new organisation airtime - he knew if he planted his face round enough TV channels, even if shareliverpool doesn't come off (which it obviously won't), there'd be plenty of mugs willing to pay him 500 euro's to do a tv slot :whistle:

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Sanctamonious lying little gobshite. Given Pete is one of ours, can't we have a TLW press release that those willing can put their name to?

Fucking happily

Another person who opposes the things in charge of this club has a PR job done on them. Not like the people in charge of the club who tried taking out a patent of the cities emblem.

Are you suggesting that someone at the club has done a number on Taylor?

If you are I suggest you remove your comment as not only is it wrong, it's made you look an utter tit.

Good interview on CityTalk this afternoon, Pete. Got into the car to drive home from work and was putting a CD in when i heard a familiar voice on the radio. The presenter was of the opinion that we all share, that if Taylor wanted to say "no" why didnt he just say it? Absolute bollocks to come out and say that he didnt have the heart to say no so this was his way of nicely putting you off. It would have been highly interesting to see whether he would have stuck to this as a reason for wanting payment if you had agreed to it. The slimy bastard.

He'd been involved in talks with some members of the committee and said he wanted to be involved with the next meeting - so he was asked to go on stage with the committee and would be allowed time to talk about shareliverpool. He got his chance quite early on, then went on to tell everyone getting 5k together was no problem because it is, and I'm paraphrasing here, "just the cost of a small car like a VW polo". Anyway, after plugging his "deal" and totally failing to miss the point that the majority of the people in the room stuggled to get the 600 quid together for their ST, let alone pull 5k out of the air to make him the new chairman, he then waltzed off stage not staying to the end so he could hog the TV camera's outside and take the news away from the SoS meeting and plant it firmly with his shareliverpool.con. He wasn't interested in anything that happened in that room except to gain himself and his new organisation airtime - he knew if he planted his face round enough TV channels, even if shareliverpool doesn't come off (which it obviously won't), there'd be plenty of mugs willing to pay him 500 euro's to do a tv slot :whistle:

Incredible!:wallbutt:

His whole 'career' came off the back of the tragedies that beset the club. He is neither an academic or a journalist. He's an opportunist. He has carved a career from getting a few opportunities as a completely unqualified talking head on a few local radio spots. He touted for, and got, a job at the university, in a post created for him.

Which begs the question: Why would anyone want to interview this individual when making a film about Hillsborough?

It was.

Was he not just sent nearer the back? Sure I remember seeing it. I know someone let rip at him when he tried to get that at the front of the march, he was told to 'know your fucking place' or something.'

I've defo seen a shareliverpool banner, and I can't think where else I'd have seen it if it wasn't at that march.

Which begs the question: Why would anyone want to interview this individual when making a film about Hillsborough?

because he touts himself as an 'expert'. Amazingly there are people who believe he carries some sort of authority on all things Liverpool. Usually because that's what he's told them.

The banner was there. Rogan and his cronies were at the left hand side of the march' date=' not far away from the front.

I heard him calling ATK a right cunt. Think he said something about him being gay aswell.[/quote']

I heard on the grapevine he was saying he would give ATK that many right hooks he would be begging for a left