You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aurelio in midfield

El Rojo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see him up against a rather better midfield than Pompey's before making judgements! Of course his passing wasn't as neat as Xabi's, but that said, I thought he offered a lot going forward which Xabi would do well to reflect upon - ie you CAN go forward and even get into the opposition's penalty box on occasion. Oh, and surely now he should be taking our set-pieces? RF.

He did ok, and was unexpectedly dynamic, playing just ahead of Mascherano, and interchanging nicely with Babel and Dosenna.

I think we need to be careful about going overboard. The starting lineup was so freakish that expectations were all over the place. They looked really good at first, but the limitations of individuals soon became apparent as usual.

I thought Aurelio was the best of the players playing out of position yesterday.

what about something like

(really staccato)

fabio, fabio, fabio, fabi fabio

fab, fab, fab

fabio fabi, fabio fabi, fabio fabi

he is so fabio

and then stamp our feet to the rhythm of we will rock you

fa-fa fa-fa fabi fa-fa fa-fa fabi-diddly fab.......... fi

diddly fa-fa fabba diddly

diddly fa-fa fabio diddly

diddly fa-fa fabba diddlio

oh fabio aurelio (and repeat x7)

what about something like

(really staccato)

fabio, fabio, fabio, fabi fabio

fab, fab, fab

fabio fabi, fabio fabi, fabio fabi

he is so fabio

and then stamp our feet to the rhythm of we will rock you

fa-fa fa-fa fabi fa-fa fa-fa fabi-diddly fab.......... fi

diddly fa-fa fabba diddly

diddly fa-fa fabba diddlio

oh fabio aurelio (and repeat x7)

O_o

Who would be first-choice left-back at the moment, Aurelio or Insua? Maybe Rafa wants Insua straight back in the side, so he tried Aurelio in a different position to see if he can accommodate both in the same line-up. The more calm, composed players are on the pitch at once, the more control over a game there is, which is right up with Rafa's way of thinking.

Ran the match for a while. Like a less good Alonso.

Yeah, that sounds a bit mean, but it's probably fair enough.

I thought Aurelio (admittedly never my favourite player at LB or LM) played well, so credit to him.

Nice to know we have the option anyway, although (without going over old ground regarding *that* team selection) I hope we never see that starting XI ever again.