You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Setanta Season Ticket - Sky

oxtailsoup

Is it possible to buy a Setanta season ticket when viewing through a Sky box?

I'm refusing to ever sign up for Setanta's monthly service after the hassle of trying to cancel last year and the shit customer service.

However I'd be quite happy to pay upfront for 3/6 months viewing with no tie in. I think it's possible on normal Freeview boxes but can't see anything for Sky.

I would avoid getting setanta through sky like the fucking plague mate. The signal level is SHIT!! They are on a weak transponder so the least bit of rain or cloud and the picture is gone.

You would be better getting it through cable or through Freeview.

search on google "setanta picture breaks up" or words to that effect and look at all the bitching about it mate.

I would avoid getting setanta through sky like the fucking plague mate. The signal level is SHIT!! They are on a weak transponder so the least bit of rain or cloud and the picture is gone.

You would be better getting it through cable or through Freeview.

search on google "setanta picture breaks up" or words to that effect and look at all the bitching about it mate.

Saw watchdog on about this about a month ago, the poor picture is down to the dish position, Setanta comes from a different satallite to sky and as it was sky engineers who would have fitted your dish towards the satellite sky use. However it is perfectly possible to have a perfectly good signal on both with a little tweaking of the dish.

Now for some reason when you ring Setanta all they talk about is boosting signal and stuff, maybe some sort of contractual thing with them not criticising Sky's equipment would be my guess.

Saw watchdog on about this about a month ago, the poor picture is down to the dish position, Setanta comes from a different satallite to sky and as it was sky engineers who would have fitted your dish towards the satellite sky use. However it is perfectly possible to have a perfectly good signal on both with a little tweaking of the dish.

Setanta is on Eurobird 28.5 degrees east and Sky is on Astra 28.2 degrees east so you should be able to pick up the two dishes no problem. The difference is that Astra is a stronger signal but more expensive.

The West Ham game is on Setanta Sports 2, but the channel won't come on. Says, 'this programme is unavailable'.

Anyone else got that problem? What if it was one of our games!

It's because it's being shown elsewhere on terrestrial telly for us Englanders. The Setanta coverage is for people who don't get ITV.....I think.

Watch it for free on the internet.

Is right. I am royally pissed off with being ripped off over football. As soon as we have the digital switchover Sky is going in the bin and that day can't come soon enough. Not in a million years will Setana get a penny from me for football.

I watch about 90% of our games. About 60% of those I watch for free on tinternet and the rest on Sky. When I bin Sky they'll all be tinternet and I'll save over £30 a month. Fuck the robbing bastards. They've killed the spirit of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I Think i have just gotten the Answer to my Satanta problem I have just bought a freeview box from Argos and it has 3 months free Subscription to Satanta Sports 1 which will last through to the end of the season No contract but a 1 off connection fee of £14.99 which i dont mind as you can cancel easy enough and your not tied in puls there was £50 off the Freeview box

Buy Acoustic Solutions DTR-205 Setanta Set Top Box. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .