You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane

Newport

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally some people are waking up to this prick ...A shit player that never ever deserved to wear the red shirt and he can stick his "fuck off" up his hole ,the lazy prick .Up there with with Paul Stewart for me now.Built his reputation scoring in friendlies for Ireland and carried by Berbatov.Tried telling everyone that on here before and got told to fuck off ,matybe finally the penny is dropping.Those that are feeling sorry for him ,maybe just maybe theres a simple reason why Benitez is treating him as he is .Benitez seems to favour those that work hard in training, I know from Ireland duty that Blobby is not a good trainer...

So finally some people are waking up to this prick ...A shit player that never ever deserved to wear the red shirt and he can stick his "fuck off" up his hole ,the lazy prick .Up there with with Paul Stewart for me now.Built his reputation scoring in friendlies for Ireland and carried by Berbatov.Tried telling everyone that on here before and got told to fuck off ,matybe finally the penny is dropping.Those that are feeling sorry for him ,maybe just maybe theres a simple reason why Benitez is treating him as he is .Benitez seems to favour those that work hard in training, I know from Ireland duty that Blobby is not a good trainer...

Gav - it certainly is looking like you were right all along! Have you stayed off here until the point was proved? Welcome back.

Keane is a broken man, I've been watching for years and the bubbly effervescent player that he was/is is gone and I don't know if he'll ever recapture that playing for us, he isn't going to be first choice, get a run of games or play in his favoured position very often. In hindsight it was a very very strange signing. I think we'd be better off getting what we can for him now.

Keane is a broken man, I've been watching for years and the bubbly effervescent player that he was/is is gone and I don't know if he'll ever recapture that playing for us, he isn't going to be first choice, get a run of games or play in his favoured position very often. In hindsight it was a very very strange signing. I think we'd be better off getting what we can for him now.

He's not a broken man... he's just not very good.

There was a reason every other CL side lookad at him but left him at Spurs where he could play well once every 4 games & act Billy Big Bollox

There was a reason every other CL side lookad at him but left him at Spurs where he could play well once every 4 games & act Billy Big Bollox

Catch22, Im curious regarding your CL fixation. Every post has reference to the CL being far superior to anything else.

So here's a question: in 2005, when we won the CL, did you think we were the best team in England that season as a result of winning it?

If we sold him, I reckon he'd go and bang them in elsewhere.

true but he could spend 5 years with us and not bang them in regularly for us.

i just dont think he'll ever be a benitez player.

in fact i dont think he'll ever be a top player for a side competing for major honours.

I disagree.

He isn't looking for the ball, isn't looking to make one-two's, isn't trying any nutemgs. Thats what he is/was all about. His confidence is shattered. Now maybe its his own fault for not having the mentality to cope with playing one game in three and being able to cope with playing different positions but i would contend that this should have been spotted before he was signed.

But all in all, a disastrous signing and a complete waste of 20 million that should have been spent on the right wing.

Catch22, Im curious regarding your CL fixation. Every post has reference to the CL being far superior to anything else.

So here's a question: in 2005, when we won the CL, did you think we were the best team in England that season as a result of winning it?

I think the football in it is far superior. Teams like RM,Barca,Milan,Munich etc come in place of average English clubs; Outside the top 4 the PL is tactically horrendous modified route 1 which is shown by the Uefa Cup results & how much better to watch La Liga is; It is the most prestigous tournament where real European greatness is defined or Rangers with their 50+ domestic titles would be the top team in the continent (& if people say that its an inferior league how is that defined? by European performance bringing us back to square 1); It provides vast revenue & all the top players demand to play in it (3 summers apart Owen & Torres swapped cities to play in it regularly)

We didn't have the best squad in '05 nor were we the best team but our achievement was the best & trumped the Chavs' domestic success.

Certainly if an English side wins in Rome it will be the acheivment of the season.

Thus it is how I truly judge any great side's performance

With Robbie there are 2 issues: i) Every player wants to play for a CL side so the fact that he hadn't meant no-1 had asked him which was worrying & correct ii) At 28 with no CL training/ experience he had fallen behind tactically & it may be too late to catch up

he doesnt deserve to be in the side at the moment, he's a passenger and I dont think we can afford to carry anyone

the ten minutes after he went off was the best we played, no coincidence in my opinion

clearly, im not a big fan but to give some balance he might perform better if some of our defenders stop lumping the ball up to him in the air, he's about 5'6" he will never win those long balls

how can any player show form if they are in and out of the side? it isn't possible. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that if rafa suddenly started using torres (for example) erratically torres' form would suffer badly.
To an extent, maybe. But then yesterday was el nino's first start after a few sub appearances and, though rusty, he showed a fuck of a lot more than Keane did. I dont think all Keane's problems are down to the way he's been treated/deployed, personally.

To an extent, maybe. But then yesterday was el nino's first start after a few sub appearances and, though rusty, he showed a fuck of a lot more than Keane did. I dont think all Keane's problems are down to the way he's been treated/deployed, personally.

Nor do I. He's not looked right from the off really, and while he was getting subbed in the early games he started the majority.

Yeah he did. I think he has every right to be pissed off but that debates already been done to be fair.

What right has he got? He was abysmal last night and has missed countless sitters this year. I say that as someone who implored us to sign for the best part of 18 months and was made up when we got him.

It's only fair to give a player a chance IMHO - for me, he's had 5 months and there is nothing in his game that says to me that he will improve as a striker OR improve the team when he is on the pitch.

When Alan Hansen first started on the BBC in 1991 he was asked by Des Lynham why Dean Saunders was struggling at Liverpool when he'd been outstanding at Derby County. Hansen replied that maybe it was because when teams play Liverpool the defenders are usually at it right from the off and give you far less space than when you're at a lesser club. I think this was the case with Saunders and I think it's the case now with Keane. Some players respond to it & thrive like Peter Beardsley. Others wilt like Dean Saunders & Robbie Keane as well seemingly.

That said no fucking striker should miss the chances Keane's guilty of against Atletico, Bolton & Preston.

His attitude seems piss poor as well.

Having observed him at close quarters too many times for Ireland, I was less than enthused about his signing.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, and while I don't think Rafa has used him properly, he hasn't taken the opportunities that have presented themselves.

£20m. Christ.