You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

59 minutes ago, niallers said:

My 52 year old work colleague and myself,42, were quoting a few scenes from blazing saddles and laughing our arses off and the young punks who work near us just looking on in bewilderment. Fucking kids. 

How does anybody ever remember quotes from films? All that stick in my head are the images of scenes and sets. Even then I cant remember if its day or night,sunny or pissing down with rain.

37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

How does anybody ever remember quotes from films? All that stick in my head are the images of scenes and sets. Even then I cant remember if its day or night,sunny or pissing down with rain.

Do you remember things that people have said to you that made an impression or moved you in some way? Same thing, man.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

High blood pressure got to test myself twice a day for 7 days and then send the results to the doctor. Been looking at ways to lower it the only problem is it's all things I regularly do. Maybe I can do more cardio. Fucking age.

Beetroot juice will sort you out. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've watched it a load of times and the funniest parts just stick in your head. That and having a good memory. Well that's going a bit too. Another fucking thing to remind me I'm getting older!

On 05/08/2021 at 10:23, Section_31 said:

Just bought a new nasal hair trimmer, industrial strength and top of the line. He said it was the Cadillac of nose trimmers but I think he mean a Lex.

Now I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

Looks brilliant for nose hairs, but what does it mean that it says it also trims your eyebrows? I'm struggling to see how you could really trim your eyebrows without risking just shaving the whole thing off. I always just get a scissors and snip the longer hairs out, seems to work OK.

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Looks brilliant for nose hairs, but what does it mean that it says it also trims your eyebrows? I'm struggling to see how you could really trim your eyebrows without risking just shaving the whole thing off. I always just get a scissors and snip the longer hairs out, seems to work OK.

You can change the head, it has a multi tool with eyebrow guards on. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just been informed I'm eligible for a free over 40s health check. What is the health check, blood tests and piss samples.

Blood test, then afterwards a short meeting with patronising nurse telling you everything you’re doing is bad.

Went to the fair ground today with the Mrs and her daughter. Ended up going on this ride called Sizzler where you sit in a carriage and you go side to side and around. Anyway with me being the biggest I had to sit on the outside seat and this ended up putting all my girlfriends weight as well as her daughters on me as the ride is going round and pinned me and I've cracked my ribs as a result. 

Felt it pop and had to try and protect them while still on the ride until it stopped. 

Fucking hate fair grounds. 

Video showing a similar ride. 

18 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Went to the fair ground today with the Mrs and her daughter. Ended up going on this ride called Sizzler where you sit in a carriage and you go side to side and around. Anyway with me being the biggest I had to sit on the outside seat and this ended up putting all my girlfriends weight as well as her daughters on me as the ride is going round and pinned me and I've cracked my ribs as a result. 

Felt it pop and had to try and protect them while still on the ride until it stopped. 

Fucking hate fair grounds. 

Video showing a similar ride.