You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spider fact from earlier:

Spiders can't run and breath at the same time. Hence why they'll sometimes enter a room then look like they have stopped to watch you, as if they are plotting an evil plan to kill you alive.

They're actually catching their breath.

Arachnid-Tastic!

There was a HUGE spider in my bathroom on Sunday night. I was in the bath and I saw it on the window cill by my toothbrush. I jumped up and put a glass over it. It's still there I haven't got the courage to move it to outside. I just need to pit some card under the glass and move i, but I would freak out if it got out!!!! I'll get my dad to do it later :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Bastards bastards bastards. They are back in force. I got home last night and by the door was a fucking monster. I hadn't had a spider in the house this year and then this fucking bison appears in the doorway. I did the decent thing and it killed it until it was dead and then went and watched tv. A while later when I was bringing some washing upstairs to hang over the bath, and i was then thaty I wondered where the extra step had come on my stairs; and then what the step was moving. Well fuck me, it was another one, and this was the previopus fellas big brother. I didn't know whether to kill it, or jump on it's back and rodeo the fucker out of my house.

It's getting fucked up how big spiders are now!

Leave them be; they clear the house of flies, earwigs and other shitty insects.

Fuck off you hippy

I have taken the high tech approach. I got a sonic pest repeller, a can of red raid (the kind that creates a barrier on the floor where it's been sprayed) and a couple of conkers outside my bedroom door (cheers simon)

Hate the little fookers and not ashamed to admit they scare the shite out of me. Always get about 3-4 every week bout this time of year. I ve adapted, improvised and overcome with a subtle blend of using my Henry Hoover to suck em up when they 're out of reach and the yellow pages for a Blitzkrieg ground assault. Once got attacked by 3 of them all spaced out at different points on my stairs with a 4th waiting for me on the door mat at the bottom. Still have occasional flashbacks of that incident to this day...

There was a HUGE spider in my bathroom on Sunday night. I was in the bath and I saw it on the window cill by my toothbrush. I jumped up and put a glass over it. It's still there I haven't got the courage to move it to outside. I just need to pit some card under the glass and move i, but I would freak out if it got out!!!! I'll get my dad to do it later :-)

Show us yer spiders legs!

So, you were in the bath and you jumped up to stand by the window?

Pics or it never happened.*

(*This is just a ruse to resolve the gender question.)

I've never understood why some people are so scared of such a small and harmless creature. Wasps and cockroaches yes, but spiders?

we 're genetically programmed to be wary of them. Dates back to the beginnings of man, the whole evolution thing. Same way we're drawn to stand around looking at fires.

I found out tonight that harvestmen can stay locked in an airtight container full of blackberries in a fridge for 8 days. The poor fella felt the warmth of my hand, he didn't want to get off. I love Harvestmen.

Also the cellar spider has just had her 2nd litter(?) removed from the sack. Another 40 odd in the bathroom now. Must be a 100 of the fellas in there now

I'm looking forward to what's gonna come out of a big grey sack that another unidentified spider is keeping his eye on. No web so I dunno what's gonna happen there.

Those that kill spiders on the UK are pretty pathetic. Man up.