You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evertons move to Kirkby

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ifithadntbeenfer Hysel Blears.

I think Everton's move to Kirkby is dead. I think that Tesco will happily jettison Everton if it means they get their superstore, and there are a lot of suggestions it's heading that way.

As for groundshare, I wouldn't rule out anything with our American overlords, but if they did then it's time for the end-of-game protests to be ditched in favour of more direct protest and action.

The thing is lets just say we decide on groundshare and the stadium comes to £400 million, we can not afford £200 million and i doubt Everton can as well.

The owners are skint and would not be able to get their part of the money for groundshare.

I'm not too sure about that Coop. The owners may be struggling to raise the money but if two clubs join for the same amount of money, the banks may feel safer to lend the money.

Let us say the stadium cost is £400m, and as someone pointed out, I'm sure NWDA and the council will put some money into the kitty if we share the stadium. If they collectively put in £50m, LFC and EFC will need £175m each.

Also, if we decide to share the stadium, I'm sure the council and NWDA won't demand to see "all the money" before putting their contribution in. So, the owners can borrow £175m in installments over 3 years - that is £58m each year. Don't they have around £50m (as part of the refinancing that was done) to start the stadium ?

Whether EFC will be willing to borrow £175m is another matter altogether.

Regardless as to whether or not you want Barry at the club the best thing that could have happened for the owners was when O'Neill said Liverpool have until the end of this transfer window to sort out the deal.

This means that Rafa can sell players like Pennant and Voronin to help fund the deal instead of them taking a loan out which is something they are struggling to do.

At this present time unless something drastic happens then they are very unlikely to get a loan for a new stadium, regardless of groundshare or not and it will be interesting when it comes to re-finance the current loan, if they last that long.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Groundshare won't happen

One of the main reasons for this is because of the effect of the value on of the club once the stadium is built, or more significantly, the "potential" value of the club in the near future.

Typical (fledgling) woman. Ground move problems and all she can whinge about is shopping....

It is my family and most Evertonians concern about the new shopping centre, Liverpool one. There is not a Everton fc store or our sponsors store JJB but there is a Liverpool store and there sponsors store adidas is also in Liverpool one. WHERE IS THE EVERTON STORE?

Everytime I go to Liverpool one I wonder is there going to be a Everton store. We were in this city first so we should have a store never mind designer stores, shoe stores, make-up stores and all the other rubbish we need at least 1 store that will make us blues happy.

Olivia Mc Guinness (age 10) and all the EVERTON family who agree with me. (07/08/2008 )

The last i heard the banks would not lend the owners another penny yer mind about £175 million.

The point though is that the Banks are not the only source of financing.If they want the money bad enough then they will look at alternative vehicles e.g. hedge funds.

Of course, we'd prefer a nice 6-7% bank loan, but I'm pretty sure that if it was 10+% or none of the future revenues then the owners will acquiese.

Building the stadium is a rock solid investment as risk free as you will find in the current climate and if the hedge funds can get a guaranteed 10-15% on the loan they will be all over it. Trust me. Theres not much else out there that will make that kind of return these days.

The point though is that the Banks are not the only source of financing.If they want the money bad enough then they will look at alternative vehicles e.g. hedge funds.

Of course, we'd prefer a nice 6-7% bank loan, but I'm pretty sure that if it was 10+% or none of the future revenues then the owners will acquiese.

Building the stadium is a rock solid investment as risk free as you will find in the current climate and if the hedge funds can get a guaranteed 10-15% on the loan they will be all over it. Trust me. Theres not much else out there that will make that kind of return these days.

We are talking taking out loans and property investment in the current climate. I'd hardly say it was rock solid.

Taken from NSNO:

i havnt done the poll, i would vote no for my heart, yes for my head, and yes cos i think that will be what happens.

it would have to be the right package for both sides, and could bring so much to the city. and in 10 or 15 years time it really wont be an issue.

inter and ac milan do it so why cant we.

if say 35% was owned by each club and 30% owned by the council,

the main problem i can see is the size of the stadium, liverpool, as much as i hate to say it will fill a 70000 seater stadium without worrying, we just wont so when everton played ther it would be as souless as destination kirkby would have been.

to me the best idea is to redevelop goodison .

Thats the only way either side would accept, the yanks wouldn't as they wouldn't hold 100% sway on the ground and thats what they want.

Nice to see some realism from bitter by the way!

Regardless as to whether or not you want Barry at the club the best thing that could have happened for the owners was when O'Neill said Liverpool have until the end of this transfer window to sort out the deal.

This means that Rafa can sell players like Pennant and Voronin to help fund the deal instead of them taking a loan out which is something they are struggling to do.

At this present time unless something drastic happens then they are very unlikely to get a loan for a new stadium, regardless of groundshare or not and it will be interesting when it comes to re-finance the current loan, if they last that long.

Coop, don't the Yanks have to prove they have the finances to start building work by September or have I got that wrong?

We are talking taking out loans and property investment in the current climate. I'd hardly say it was rock solid.

The return is not based on property appreciation though is it. That's why it is solid its based on 15-30K new seats. It's revenue everyone knows is there and just needs to be "facilitated".

Entirely different proposition to property development / investment.

Coop, don't the Yanks have to prove they have the finances to start building work by September or have I got that wrong?

Yes they do

They won't have the money, nor will they be able to secure it from the banks.

I believe that thier is an option to put it back to January, but im not sure whether that is 100%.

The return is not based on property appreciation though is it. That's why it is solid its based on 15-30K new seats. It's revenue everyone knows is there and just needs to be "facilitated".

Been led to believe that the banks are asking for as much as £200,000,000 from H&G as a deposit if they are to consider financing the stadium.

Been led to believe that the banks are asking for as much as £200,000,000 from H&G as a deposit if they are to consider financing the stadium.

The secondary market will fill the void, it is far more risk tolerant than the banks, which BTW have very little liquidity anyway. I'm sure H&G would rather pay more interest from the facilitated revenue than put their hands in their own pockets, esp. that much as they just don't have it.

Nevertheless,

I'm glad you don't work at my bank.

If I had one.....I'm glad you didn't work at my bank when I had one.

PS It's pea pull like you who happen to work in investment banking that got people into this messy credit crunch crinkle cream in the first plaice. I'm off to get something to eat now.

Nevertheless,

I'm glad you don't work at my bank.

If I had one.....I'm glad you didn't work at my bank when I had one.

PS It's pea pull like you who happen to work in investment banking that got people into this messy credit crunch crinkle cream in the first plaice. I'm off to get something to eat now.

Don't be daft the two situations are not even comparable. They're apples and Oranges.

The credit crunch was a result of people being given mortgages when their current income was only sufficient to cover the interest. The understanding was that the principal would be covered by equity and appreciation. That is an entirely different bet. We've got a good as guaranteed 40-70% increase in match day revenue with which to service the debt.