You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

crouch to pompey

robbief

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rashid, why are you having a go at a lad because you think he's American (i'm not). Your the first one to start crying like a spoilt kid when someone has a go at Muslims.

It isn't because he might be American it's the ridiculous phrases he uses.. what the is "value add" in the context of an open football forum?

I broke the news to my lad that we might be selling Xabi. He just said "No. We can't".

I think he meant "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Everytime I read, 'Xabi hasn't been good enough in the league for the last two years', it makes me want to fucking scream.

Yep, that's right folks, we haven't done as well in the league for the last couple of seasons partly because of Xabi Alonso.

And there's me thinking that it's because we haven't been good enough out wide.

It's a combination of reasons.

Xabi hasn't been has good as he was in the first season partly due to a number of medium to long term injuries, our 'wide' players haven't chipped in with enough goals, some of the players haven't taken enough responsibility during games, we've been guilty of not taking chances.

Just because Rafa is fixing one area he thinks we can improve doesn't mean he's ignoring others.

It's a combination of reasons.

Xabi hasn't been has good as he was in the first season partly due to a number of medium to long term injuries, our 'wide' players haven't chipped in with enough goals, some of the players haven't taken enough responsibility during games, we've been guilty of not taking chances.

Just because Rafa is fixing one area he thinks we can improve doesn't mean he's ignoring others.

I disagree - we don't need to improve in central midfield.

Out wide and having a more clinical mentality is definitely something we can improve upon though, as you say.

Guest TK-421
He hasn't been though for the last 2 years virtually, whatever the reasons.

I disagree, I think he's been very good for us when he's not nursing a broken foot.

I broke the news to my lad that we might be selling Xabi. He just said "No. We can't".

I think he meant "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Something like this?

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

We aren't builoding the team so what we think isn't important.

If Rafa thinks Barry will show more consistency and bring a better balance alongside Mascherano then that's enough justification for him to go out and try to get him.

That's an outrageous comment.

What we think isn't important, on a football forum.

You're right what you're saying about Rafa like, if he thinks Barry will improve the team then he's justified in buying him. Hell, if he thinks Leon Osman would improve the team he can buy him if he likes, but that doesn't mean that we can't have our view about it.

Commenting on what we think is important on this forum because that is what we are here for. Going on about it not mattering because we aren't the manager is the most idiotic comment ever made on here and I've made a few myself in the past. Pathetic.

In the grand scheme of things what we think is unimportant, doesn't mean we can't say it but it has no bearing on reality.

Many would think that's a good thing judging by some of the absolute mongs on here.

You've really surpassed yourself there, mate!

Dave may as well close down the forum then, and also stop selling fanzines, seeing as everything he writes is so unimportant then?

What you're saying is one of the biggest problems of this forum these days. Saying what you felt used to be one of the cornerstones of this place, but now you're actually discouraged to say anything which isn't in line with what might actually happen.

Unbelievable.

Commenting on what we think is important on this forum because that is what we are here for. Going on about it not mattering because we aren't the manager is the most idiotic comment ever made on here and I've made a few myself in the past. Pathetic.

Hate to break this to you Rash but our opinions on players have no impact on what a manger wants to do. May come as a bit of a shock to you given you have all these amazing thought about the steppy overest players and players most likely to be mistaken for a guido but the harsh reality is he's never going to listen to you.

We might think Alonso is the greatest player ever to grace a football field but if Rafa doesn't....

You've really surpassed yourself there, mate!

Dave may as well close down the forum then, and also stop selling fanzines, seeing as everything he writes is so unimportant then?

What you're saying is one of the biggest problems of this forum these days. Saying what you felt used to be one of the cornerstones of this place, but now you're actually discouraged to say anything which isn't in line with what might actually happen.

Unbelievable.

SO you think your opinion on a player and who we should sign is important and Rafa should be seeking your advice then?

SO you think your opinion on a player and who we should sign is important and Rafa should be seeking your advice then?

You seem to be having a really weird conversation with yourself here! When have I ever said that Rafa should take my advice?

This is a public forum where people share their views about football.

Have you gone a little mad or something?

Cardie, you're being overly obtuse there mate. You might disagree with Brownie (and you might think Radish is a screaming nutbag) but the whole point of this forum is football banter.

Some may do it better than others, but everyone can have their say here.