You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that doll must have cost him a fortune. the maintainence work for cleaning after he do the doll must be hell.

No, seriously, either the spunk fairy calls during the night to sort it out, or the dog cleans it (and he doesn't know where the wet-wipes are kept).

DIC are minted, looks like they're going on a bit of a spree:

Dubai investment fund plans to spend in Asia

Reuters

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

TOKYO: Dubai International Capital, an investment fund owned by the ruler of Dubai, said Tuesday that it planned to invest about $5 billion in China, India and Japan over three years to participate in the rapid growth of emerging markets.

The fund's chief operating officer, Anand Krishnan, also told a news conference that the fund would be open to raising its stake in existing holdings like Sony, HSBC Holdings and European Aeronautic Defense & Space.

Gulf investors spent $80 billion last year in foreign acquisitions, almost three times the amount they spent in 2006, according to Dealogic, a data provider.

Krishnan said Dubai International planned to raise its assets under management to $25 billion to $30 billion in the next three to four years, from $13 billion now, estimating that India, China and Japan could make up one-fifth to one-sixth of the total.

"I would think the three countries in the next three years would take a share possibly of about $5 billion," he said.

Krishnan said the fund was searching for opportunities in Japan's auto industry and such other sectors as entertainment that could tap into growing demand in emerging economies.

"Clearly because of the growth in emerging markets, we believe companies having exposure to emerging markets will grow significantly as well," he said. But he added that the fund would be open to raising its stake in Sony, and other holdings. Dubai International said in November that it had made a "substantial investment" in Sony but did not disclose the size of the stake.

"More stock in Sony?" Krishnan said. "If it makes sense for us from a returns perspective and we can get it at the right pricing, absolutely. We would look at any one of the stocks that we have invested in."

Dubai International Capital is the private equity arm of Dubai Holding, which is owned by the Dubai ruler Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum.

Separately in Singapore, Rabih Khoury, chief executive for emerging markets at Dubai International Capital, said during an interview that Asia accounted for 30 percent of its $2 billion to $3 billion emerging market portfolio, but that share was expected to rise "north of 50 percent" in three to five years.

"For DIC emerging markets, Asia is our focus in 2008," Khoury said on the sidelines of an investment conference. "We are already in India and we are focusing on investing in China" and such other Asian companies as Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines and Malaysia.

Khoury said the firm planned to establish single-country funds - typically $200 million each - to invest in Asian companies.

Pretty reliable source and if Elisha Scott is saying this then its obvious that the Liverpool players all know about it as well so interesting to see the reaction it gets from them.

The possible link with the Royal family is something i had thought about before. The possible way they could do it is the Sheikh himself lends DIC the cash to buy out the Yanks and charges a far better interest rate but still means that DIC own us and still getting making cash from us.

The above bit is most likely all bollocks but just a theory on why they are getting involved.

Another theory is that the Sheikh is wanting to get involved personally and therefore if he gets on board DIC havent got to pay as much to get us in the first place.

I am very surprised that not just this forum but the other website forums have not gone into overdrive with Elisha Scotts post earlier today.

I know its been posted on here but i expected a 300 page epic within minutes.

Other people have posted on other forums then its been posted on here that so and so have posted this on so and so forum and people have replied that until Elisha Scott or Dave Usher say it complete then they wont believe it. Well one of them has said it.

I am very surprised that not just this forum but the other website forums have not gone into overdrive with Elisha Scotts post earlier today.

I know its been posted on here but i expected a 300 page epic within minutes.

Other people have posted on other forums then its been posted on here that so and so have posted this on so and so forum and people have replied that until Elisha Scott or Dave Usher say it complete then they wont believe it. Well one of them has said it.

To be honest Coop, I've not even seen the post. Is there a link in this thread? I never go on RAWK.

This is what he had to say mate - from YNWA.TV

Heard last night from an excellent source (not him) that the Yanks are out, 40million profit each.

The Arabs have agreed a deal, I am not sure of the exact details, but something about the finances being put up by the royal family. Not sure if this is instead of or as well as the DIC.

The reason he puts (not him) is because he is mates with Steven Gerrard and is purely pointing out to people that it isnt Gerrard who has told him but someone else.

Heard last night from an excellent source (not him) that the Yanks are out, 40million profit each.

The Arabs have agreed a deal, I am not sure of the exact details, but something about the finances being put up by the royal family. Not sure if this is instead of or as well as the DIC.

The reason he puts (not him) is because he is mates with Steven Gerrard and is purely pointing out to people that it isnt Gerrard who has told him but someone else.

Nice one.

I don't go on RAWK, like I say, but whenever someone posts a story over here from there with Elisha's name on it's always been spot on.

Hopefully this isn't any different.

Great news if true. It would be such a massive boost & would help lift the doom and gloom and hopefully be the catalyst towards a strong end of season finish and a bright future.

Dubai is cold in January. Well, not as warm as one would expect anyway.

Really? I thought it was like 100 all year round. You learn something new every day.

Was it just me who was hoping for a little news when they seen The Count's name? You tease! ;-)