You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thinking of taking the plunge tomorrow and getting a Leeds ticket off Ebay when I get paid.

Looking at doing it on the cheap though. Never been so what's the ale situation like? Is it like Glasto where you can take ale in with you or is it £3+ for a shitty cup of flat lager?

Funnily enough, you used to be able to take ale in when it was sponsored by carling. Now you can't. As for tickets, not sure how much they're going for on eBay but viagogo had a couple for £200 a couple of weeks ago and Scarlet mist had a load face value.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to take your lead, i've got a bucket and a packet of tena ladies to line and absorb what goes in each each carrier bag,

I've also decided to take a neutradol freshener, just in case.

All my hard earned effort wasn't needed after all. The toilets were fantastic for most of the weekend. Only occasionally not having loo roll.

Already ordered my tickets for Camp Bestival for next year on the early bird option. For those with kids i couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Funnily enough, you used to be able to take ale in when it was sponsored by carling. Now you can't. As for tickets, not sure how much they're going for on eBay but viagogo had a couple for £200 a couple of weeks ago and Scarlet mist had a load face value.

No you couldnt.

You've never been able to take your own booze in to the arena.

I'm gutted i'm not going this year, been the last 5

Thinking of taking the plunge tomorrow and getting a Leeds ticket off Ebay when I get paid.

Looking at doing it on the cheap though. Never been so what's the ale situation like? Is it like Glasto where you can take ale in with you or is it £3+ for a shitty cup of flat lager?

I'll be volunteering behind the bar there and can tell you now it's be the best part of £4 a pint and will probably be Tuborg lager and you may have to pay £2 deposit for a cup. My advice - and what I'll be doing is to take loads of spirits with you in a plastic bottle, also easier to smuggle into the arena.

HotUKDeals - Leeds Festival Tickets (& Early Entry) Face Value!

You might want to take a look at this for tickets.

Did you get hold of tickets? I might be able to get a pair for you, face value of course...

• 2 weeks later...
I cant recommend Bear In Heaven enough good chap. Make sure you catch em!

Also high recommendations for The National, Midlake and Frank Turner. Do it. Say it.

You bet I'll be seeing The National and Midlake; never heard of the other two, I'll definitely check them out.

Not missing much' date=' it's practically been the same line up for 4/5 years now. They could at least pretend they gave a fuck.[/quote']

Not really assed about the line up, I barely go into the arena unless there is someone I really want to see.

There's better festivals if that's what your into -Secret Garden Party, Big Chill & End of the Road etc. I just find Leeds/Reading (and most big UK festivals) to be full of annoying young posh kids who think they're mad. Don't get me wrong I'd have a right laugh like, just been to far too many of these big corporate ones over the years. Or to coin one of my mates' phrases, "I'd prefer to go to a festival were the organizers actually give a shit."