You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Super Tuesday thread...

Chris

Erm.. It's another country, mate.

But so much more interesting than our elections.

I think McCain will shit the Republican nomination, but unlike many here I believe that whoever gets the Democratic nomination will end up as President.

What do you reckon the stupidest significantly popular reason an American will vote for a particular candidate (i.e has a nice smile, comes from 2 states over etc)?

Dumb feminists: "She's a woman"

Black people with no clue: "He's a brotha"

Rednecks and other racists: "Don't want a n****r or a chick"

First off, I am a Obama supporter. I would have loved to see John Edwards make more of a push than he did, but I am alright with Obama.

I have to disagree with some of the things that have been said for a couple of reasons. 1st of all, Obama has had a pretty strong GOTV (get out the vote) campaign and has done very well against the youngest section of voters. 2nd, he is just now starting to get out of the name recognition shadow of Hilary Clinton.

I also think it is true that the majority of moderate Democrats will choose to elect Hilary Clinton. With that being said and honestly trying to put all allegiance aside, I think Obama will perform much better than expected tomorrow. While I have been critical of how he has run his campaign at times, he gives the dems just as good a shot as Hilary to win the White House.

On the other side of the aisle, I think the GOP race is a lot closer than many people think. John McCain is one hell of a politician and clearly is the front runner, but I have a gut feeling Mitt Romney will do well tomorrow as well. A lot of the most centrist Republicans will have a tough time voting for a war hawk like John McCain. And while the economy has replaced Iraq as one of the major issues, I am curious to see how his economic policies shake out.

And to go on about the national race, take it with a grain of salt, but democrats have been showing up in far greater numbers than republicans have been. This could obviously be for many reasons, but it is an interesting point to look at.

i hate hilary clinton, i hate her hair style, i hate her daughters silly name, i hate the way she gives a fake thumbs up and pulls stupid faces when she appears in public, i hate the way she used her husbands philandering to position herself with public sympathy, i hate the way she turned to tears to claw herself back into the race, i even find her name offensive.

barack looks like a leader to me, i know this is only bollocks really as im not sure how much change any leader can instigate in the U.S. but id much rather see something different given a chance, maybe he can prove a cynical swine like myself wrong.

another clinton in office would mean that two families will have run the most powerful country in the world for 2 decades and that cannot be a good thing.

Hilarys a bitch, USA USA USA USA!

Should be interesting to see what happens after all of the votes are counted (about 12 hours from now me thinks).

Obama did very very very well tonight. He pulled off a couple very big victories in Missouri and Connecticut which were toss up states and served as weather balloons in his campaign.

I was a bit upset that he isn't doing as well in Cali, but everything I have seen suggests that it wont matter too much in the long run. The only thing on the horizon that could get tricky is if the DNC (Democratic National Committee) caves to the pressures of the Clinton campaign and allows the delegates from Florida and Michigan to sit at the convention (these states pushed their primaries ahead of their original dates against the DNC rules)

Tonight also proved that McCain is indeed in the drivers seat for the nomination, which will be interesting to see how the far right deal with his impending nomination.

ROLL ON BARACK