You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allez Allez Gerard Houllier

Gav

Gav that is a masterpiece. I am as confused as everyone as to what has gone wrong so have kept quiet till now but the arguments put forward are spot on and I cannot add much to the defence. However I have some observations based on earlier posts:

· Some of the conspiracy theories are hard to accept. Why would GH risk what he has achieved (and his job) to prove Heighway is useless or that his signings have all been great.

· Steve pointed out we only need two signings a season. I believe they were supposed to be Diouf and Cheyrou. We all liked the look of Bruno in August and I am prepared to give him a chance (some of the criticism is like they gave McManaman and even Digger, lacks passion etc.) – I would though leave him in the reserves till next season The rest were back up. Truth is they haven’t been instant successes and I think this has messed up GH’s plans as much as anything.

· GH is accused of being arrogant and seeking self-glorification. The fact that he is buying for the future and has said many of his signings will be great long after he has gone doesn’t stand well with that theory.

· The biggest mistake imo was to lose nerve after the Newcastle and Birmingham draws. Had we persisted with a more attacking style I doubt we would have got in this mess but you can see why we are scared of trying things at present.

· We have had bad luck and no one could have predicted MO’s troubles this year. The FA (favours arsenal!) haven’t helped with the Stevie ban just as he was starting to fly. JAR has been nursed through his difficult spell and is looking good again, surely credit is deserved by management for that.

· There are posters calling for GH to kick arses and bollock players instead of making excuses for our performances. The same ones who no doubt expect everything to be kept in house. We don’t know who is getting what at Melwood.

· Other posters have said there is something wrong with the fact the team is almost the same as the Treble season. Do they expect us to change it for the sake of it. It was young and successful and hardly in need of rebuilding.

· It is correct there are no outstanding candidates should GH decide he has had enough. Of those mentioned –

· Kenny – I think we maybe are looking at the Howard Kendall syndrome – it would be great if he could turn back the clock but I fear not.

· O’Neil – I like the guy but he has never gone anywhere and improved their footy – results maybe but football never – Norwich was a good example – he fell out there over Dean Windass! So unless we want Koller and Heskey chasing long balls! Perhaps if he stays at Celtic he might buy big Emoff us, a match made in heaven.

Lots more I could say but I think Gav said it all. We need to stay strong, stay loyal and given that it’s a mare we should not pass judgement at the end of the season we should wait. Any dealings close season however should be self-financing or at least two out for everyone in.

We all know this Club is bigger than any individuals including GH but we also know that at times of adversity our strength is our unity. We haven’t gone from where we were at the end of last season to relegation fodder as the result of one person and likewise one person cannot put it right. He can however and I hope will be the catalyst that does.

Allez.