You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Vs. Liverpool

Malarkey

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyppia should be alright for Tuesday. He broke his nose but was reset at half time. It does go to show though that we should be looking at signing a centre half as if Carra or Agger got a long term injury (how long would broken ribs keep carra out) then Sami isnt upto playing every game now.

Overall although not a great display we showed again that we have far more class then last season and with Torres upfront we are always going to create chances.

Pennant, Voronin, Sissoko and Torres were the star performers for me today as they never let Sunderland have second with the ball in defence and were at them at every opportunity.

Special mention to the away support who i thought were superb today. They out sung a Sunderland home support who are normally very loud.

Torres should've scored, but some of those chances he creates all by himself. He's a nightmare to play against, I almost creamed my pants when he just flew past those two CB's. The boy oozes class

Aye, he's not clinical but he'll get a good amount of goals, create a good amounts of goals, work his bollocks off and frighten the life out of people. Cant really ask for much more.

Although Voronin scored the important second goal, I thought he had a terrible game.

Set one up, scored one; not too shabby.

Pennant was great - Babel seemed a bit quiet.

Also, since when did Craig Charles change his name to Kieron Richardson, give up Corrie and start playing on the wing for Sunderland?

A good three points.

A lot of teams will struggle at the stadium of light with that horrible allardyce-football they play, at least against superior teams.

They forced us into playing the same way for a long time today, it was the same when spurs was there.

Yep, especially in the first half, their work rate was amazing, we had 2 or 3 round us everytime, got a nice goal to open it up though thankfully.

Looks like a really good partnership developing between Voro and Torres - both keen to set the other up. Pennant MOTM for me. I think some of the new players will have learnt a lot today about what is required is this league. Voro looks made for English football tho - quick mentally and physically, strong, excellent awareness of where teammates are.

Satisfying result, plenty of scope for improvement, didn't miss the captain that much - Carra's injury the only real negative.

A lot of teams will struggle at the stadium of light with that horrible allardyce-football they play, at least against superior teams.

They forced us into playing the same way for a long time today, it was the same when spurs was there.

too bloody right, they didnt half try and kick lumps out of us in the first half

overall though, i just think torres is the missing link, the guy is unfucking real, thats now 3 weekends in a row he`s the centre halves in his back pocket, Laursen the first game ben haim last week, and them 2 sunderland lads, particularly McShane where shitting a brick about him, he had them every time

im so confident we`re gonna win the league now, convinced i am :thumbsup:

Good win away to them.

Torres MOTM for me.

Although Voronin scored the important second goal, I thought he had a terrible game.

If Voronin had a terrible game, Christ knows how shite Kuyt has been. Voronin deserves his place imo - I thought he did well - he chased the ball more judiciously and more effectively than Kuyt, and his link up play with Torres was mostly good. And he scored. Which is after all what he's there for, no need for 'second striker' nonesense excuses there.