You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lily Allen can..

Stouffer

The abuse is out of order. The problem is she is another annoying "celeb" who thinks her fucking stupid political opinion carries any weight on Twitter.

If Twitter is a mouthpiece for any eejit to talk shite like they have an informed opinion, that goes for celebs as well as your spotty kid nextdoor.

No I don't think that is the problem, the problem is people on the internet acting cunts and trolling someone over their dead child thinking that type of behaviour is acceptable or that they can hide away behind anonymity and not be called out on it/receive repercussions.

People still have opinions regardless of what they do for a profession. None of us are politicians but we all talk about political views on threads on this place and plenty of us on here do on twitter also. Why should she or anyone else be any different?

She's not my cup of tea but first the calais abuse and now this. Bang out of order really.

• Upvote 8

No I don't think that is the problem, the problem is people on the internet acting cunts and trolling someone over their dead child thinking that type of behaviour is acceptable or that they can hide away behind anonymity and not be called out on it/receive repercussions.

People still have opinions regardless of what they do for a profession. None of us are politicians but we all talk about political views on threads on this place and plenty of us on here do on twitter also. Why should she or anyone else be any different?

She's not my cup of tea but first the calais abuse and now this. Bang out of order really.

Ferry well said.

• Upvote 1

I think 'personalities' who go on social media ought to realise that this kind of thing will always happen,it always does and to pretty much everybody and especially people who are more recognisable. Its completely wrong of course but you know it will happen. It would be much better if they just hired a publicist to deliver media messages for them and stick to directly contacting only people they know. Thats what i do(no publicist of course!) but it can be done. They can also express their opinion through their art/music/acting/writing etc if they feel the need.

• Upvote 1

I think 'personalities' who go on social media ought to realise that this kind of thing will always happen,it always does and to pretty much everybody and especially people who are more recognisable. Its completely wrong of course but you know it will happen. It would be much better if they just hired a publicist to deliver media messages for them and stick to directly contacting only people they know. Thats what i do(no publicist of course!) but it can be done. They can also express their opinion through their art/music/acting/writing etc if they feel the need.

Is that not giving in though?

• Upvote 1

If you don't like what someone has to say don't follow or engage them. It's quite easy and people should be allowed to express their views (to most extents) as it's their own feed.

There seems to be a pack mentality on the internet, especially twitter, of late where people go on there to jump on certain personalities to make themselves feel better about their lives, throwing all kinds of shit and abuse.

I hate seeing people talk about Piers Morgan on Twitter as he winds me up no end but I blocked him years ago and choose not to see what he's saying or engage with the cunt when he types something I don't agree with. Same with that Katie Hopkins. I also choose not to tweet them abuse as that's a bit sad really and would say just as much about me as a person.

In life, work, the Internet...etc its simple. Don't be a cunt.

What? She uses the platform to express her opinion. Like all of us on here. Just because she's actually good at her job unlike any of us losers it doesnt mean her opinion is less valid. Only people that chose to follow her actually see her opinion.

The abuse was disgusting, obviously.

Good at her job?

Singing?

She's turd.

Anyone follow her on Twitter? Poor cow's had a bunch of cunts taunting her about her still birth.

Yeah, but haven't been reading my timeline on there for a while so had no idea. It's horrible to read what's happened to her and sad that she's having to put up with the sick fucks giving her abuse too. I think a lot of it will be from right-wing trolls, because she's been vocal in her support of migrants (she visited them in Calais last year too) and is a lefty as well (Corbyn supporter I think.) The S*n has also given her a fair amount of shit in their rag and she's given them some back on twitter at times iirc. I don't follow her music but she comes across as a good person.

I think she'll be back on twitter soon as well, doubt she'll allow a bunch of sick idiots and right-wing trolls to stop her using the site.

If you don't like what someone has to say don't follow or engage them. It's quite easy and people should be allowed to express their views (to most extents) as it's their own feed.

There seems to be a pack mentality on the internet, especially twitter, of late where people go on there to jump on certain personalities to make themselves feel better about their lives, throwing all kinds of shit and abuse.

I hate seeing people talk about Piers Morgan on Twitter as he winds me up no end but I blocked him years ago and choose not to see what he's saying or engage with the cunt when he types something I don't agree with. Same with that Katie Hopkins. I also choose not to tweet them abuse as that's a bit sad really and would say just as much about me as a person.

In life, work, the Internet...etc its simple. Don't be a cunt.

Which still includes the option not to become involved in it at all. Being a cunt has become a status symbol and there are plenty of cunts out there.

If you decide to communicate directly with thousands of thick cunts who follow celebrities then sadly it's inevitable that some of them will be sickos seeking their own form of perverted celebrity.

The fact that it is inevitable is pretty grim. I mean I understand why it happens. Celebs have thousands or millions of followers, therefore a cert to have a gang of cunts following them in that group. Also, people see celebs as something other than human, than the person across from them on the bus. Add to that the anonymity of the internet. But fuck me, it's grim. Some cunt thinks its OK to say shit like that about losing a child. Horrible cunts.

The fact that it is inevitable is pretty grim. I mean I understand why it happens. Celebs have thousands or millions of followers, therefore a cert to have a gang of cunts following them in that group. Also, people see celebs as something other than human, than the person across from them on the bus. Add to that the anonymity of the internet. But fuck me, it's grim. Some cunt thinks its OK to say shit like that about losing a child. Horrible cunts.

Way too much personal information is given out by people on the internet and not just by people in the public eye. If you are looking for sympathy over a tragic event like losing a child for instance,the last place you want to release that news is social media,thats just stupid really. Personal tragedies should be kept personal and among close family and friends,for your own sake.

Way too much personal information is given out by people on the internet and not just by people in the public eye. If you are looking for sympathy over a tragic event like losing a child for instance,the last place you want to release that news is social media,thats just stupid really. Personal tragedies should be kept personal and among close family and friends,for your own sake.

I think it'd be pretty obvious something happened when the pregnant lilly Allen suddenly wasn't pregnant and didn't have a child either.

• Upvote 1

I think it'd be pretty obvious something happened when the pregnant lilly Allen suddenly wasn't pregnant and didn't have a child either.

So simply release a statement through a publicist or your record company. There's no need for it to go any further than that. A cynic may say that they are seeking the oxygen of publicity.

The people who matter are usually on the end of a phone line or available my email or skype or whatsapp etc.

So simply release a statement through a publicist or your record company. There's no need for it to go any further than that. A cynic may say that they are seeking the oxygen of publicity.

The people who matter are usually on the end of a phone line or available my email or skype or whatsapp etc.

A fucking wanker would say that

• Upvote 3

A fucking wanker would say that

This is where the problems stem from. Those trolls use that as a flimsy excuse to attack those who need publicity eg singers,actors,sportspeople and so on as part of their self promotion. Nothing wrong with a bit of self promotion of course but when you engage on social media you are swimming with sharks.

This is where the problems stem from. Those trolls use that as a flimsy excuse to attack those who need publicity eg singers,actors,sportspeople and so on as part of their self promotion. Nothing wrong with a bit of self promotion of course but when you engage on social media you are swimming with sharks.

Are you genuinely suggesting that if she lost her baby but notified the world via a press release instead of the way she did, the trolls would have behaved differently?

She lost the baby years ago. She spent the weekend trying to stand up for Muslims and refugees. I find your reaction interesting.

• Upvote 3