You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bellemy to West Ham

bobhorse

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you mentioning Pennant's lack of goals often Paul, and whilst I respect your opinion, I have to say that it's balls. From what i saw of Pennant, when he plays to his strengths, goals are not a part of his game. Not a major part, anyway - he seems to prefer to get to the by-line and whip a cross in. The main problem was a lack of a target, as far as i could tell. Look at United - it's true that Ronaldo scored a shedload last year, but Giggs only put in four goals. It's true that we need contributions from the midfield, but I think that it's equally important to have someone of Pennant's ilk; i.e a player that plays crosses time after time.

We need all our attacking players to be able to contribute goals. He can't.

Well it's the old 'making it known we don't want him' ploy.

Everyone knows we were desperate to get shut and that is reflected in the prices being offered.

We should maybe have tried to sell him before we brought in Torres.

That's true, but there was probably not a lot we could have done different. With the new owners it was always going to be the case that we'd sign a top notch striker this summer and one of Kuyt/Crouch/Bellamy would be displaced. Bellamy was the hot favourite to go and all potential buying clubs would have known this, no matter what order we did our business.

This is the key point here.

I've never been a real "knocker" of Tennants, and nothing he's done so far has surprised me: he's a neat player, nothing too flashy, always available for a pass, tries not to waste the ball, is reasonably nippy, slings over lots of crosses.

However, we can't really afford a winger/ attacking player to only contribute ONE goal a season. That's the real issue, he doesn't score enough goals to justify a regular place. There isn't another wide player in the any of the top teams who scores less goals than Tennants.

£7.5m still feels like a bit of a bumming really, considering we were lucky to get him on the cheap in the first place and the lunacy of the market at present. I reckon we could have got £9m for him at least. Unless of course it was a compromise re: Yossi.

Exactly how I feel. I wonder if there are any addons, with West Ham throwing it about and we should have got more for him.

One good thing and I have said it many times, at least now we can move unwanted players on and get money back, sometimes, shock, horror even a profit.

Weve made 1.5m profit on him and for that I say well done Mr. Parry.

I know some of you feel short changed but he's not good enough and to see a player leave us for another team and actually make money when none of us wanted him to stay is something we should be happy about.

What we need is goals from our strikers. Pennants main job is to provide service but it's not his fault if there's been noone there to receive it. Goals from anywhere are always welcome but I wouldn't hold it against him for staying in the wide areas.

A little bit of class from the clubs best golfer

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476185&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=2&title=Bellamy+explains+Reds+exit&channel=football_home&

Craig Bellamy has revealed his desire to play regular first-team football was the main reason behind joining West Ham.

The former Newcastle and Blackburn ace left Liverpool on Tuesday in a deal costing The Hammers £7.5million.

Bellamy had only been at Anfield for one year, but was forced to consider his future after growing frustrated at the club's rotation policy.

The Wales captain is now looking to feature more under Alan Curbishley with the hope of boosting his form for his country.

"I'll be turning 28 this season so I want to start playing football now," he told Sky Sports News.

"I think I played 10 or 11 full games last year. I want to try and improve on that and play every week.

"Obviously with one or two more signings at Liverpool it was going to be a lot more difficult to get into the team.

"I would have been happy to stand and fight for my place but that wasn't the case. So I had to look at the best option for me.

"I want to play European football and I believe West Ham have got a good chance of that in the years to come.

"You don't walk away from Liverpool too easily, but I wanted to play football.

"It's important I play week-in, week-out to be able to lead my country out as well."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476185&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=2&title=Bellamy+explains+Reds+exit&channel=football_home&

Craig Bellamy has revealed his desire to play regular first-team football was the main reason behind joining West Ham.

The former Newcastle and Blackburn ace left Liverpool on Tuesday in a deal costing The Hammers £7.5million.

Bellamy had only been at Anfield for one year, but was forced to consider his future after growing frustrated at the club's rotation policy.

The Wales captain is now looking to feature more under Alan Curbishley with the hope of boosting his form for his country.

"I'll be turning 28 this season so I want to start playing football now," he told Sky Sports News.

"I think I played 10 or 11 full games last year. I want to try and improve on that and play every week.

"Obviously with one or two more signings at Liverpool it was going to be a lot more difficult to get into the team.

"I would have been happy to stand and fight for my place but that wasn't the case. So I had to look at the best option for me.

"I want to play European football and I believe West Ham have got a good chance of that in the years to come.

"It's important I play week-in, week-out to be able to lead my country out as well."

Yep, I thought that was a little bit of class from Craig. BUT WHAT WAS THE OPENING HEADLINE BY SLY SPORTS " I WAS FORCED OUT OF LIVERPOOL SAYS BELLAMY" FUCK I GET REALLY PISSED OFF THE WAY THOSE TWATS TWIST THINGS TO SUIT THEIR AGENDA KNOWING THEY HAVE WHOLE LOAD OF KNOW NOTHING SKY GENERATION FUCKWITS HANGING ON THEIR EVERY WORD....FUCKIN KNUCKLEDRAGGERS THE LOT OF THEM....

rant over sorry lads

Guest PaddyBerger15
Yep, I thought that was a little bit of class from Craig. BUT WHAT WAS THE OPENING HEADLINE BY SLY SPORTS " I WAS FORCED OUT OF LIVERPOOL SAYS BELLAMY" FUCK I GET REALLY PISSED OFF THE WAY THOSE TWATS TWIST THINGS TO SUIT THEIR AGENDA KNOWING THEY HAVE WHOLE LOAD OF KNOW NOTHING SKY GENERATION FUCKWITS HANGING ON THEIR EVERY WORD....FUCKIN KNUCKLEDRAGGERS THE LOT OF THEM....

rant over sorry lads

The thing is, that even though they wear suits and sit in a studio on SLY, they are still tabloid journalists by intent, all of what you said above is true mate.

The truth is just something that gets in the way of an angle or a shit stirring story within a story, they don't even need encouragement to do it. Its a soundbite culture that we live in, and nowt typifies and personifies that more than SSN.

I saw the whole interview on sky and I have to admit I have nothing but respect for him after it. It was clear that the interviewer was pressing Craig for a quote, asked him if he felt he got a fair crack of the whip. To which he replied that he has learnt so much under Rafa and has progressed as a football player under his guidance, and that West Ham are getting a better player as a result. No hissy fits or gurning just one dissapointed journalist, hope it goes well for him at West Ham.

I think bellamy is a good player, whether he was good enough for a liverpool team that is trying to challenge for top honours well possibly not. One thing i would say about him is as of yet he has only spoken very highly about everything connected with the club. and i wish im luck

This is the key point here.

I've never been a real "knocker" of Tennants, and nothing he's done so far has surprised me: he's a neat player, nothing too flashy, always available for a pass, tries not to waste the ball, is reasonably nippy, slings over lots of crosses.

However, we can't really afford a winger/ attacking player to only contribute ONE goal a season. That's the real issue, he doesn't score enough goals to justify a regular place. There isn't another wide player in the any of the top teams who scores less goals than Tennants.

You do realise calling him Tennants is neither clever nor funny. If anything it just makes you seem a bit of a tool.

Unfortunately Rafa was the wrong manager for Bellars

A Mourinho type of manager would have got a lot more out of him

If you look at his performances for Newcastle and blackburn with a manager who really believed in him and let him know that then he was some player that he never was for this club.

Before the knockers start this isnt a dig at Rafa its just pointing out some players respond better to certain types of man management

I liked what he said. No bitching or sniping. Fair play to him. I will applaud him when he plays at Anfield. Obviously I'll be in my lounge, but still.