You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer, Blanc: “Chiellini not part. Heinze? We see”

TURIN - “Chiellini makes part of this rose. Young E' and has lived a year of B with we having made much good”. The words of Jean are these Claude Blanc, general executive manager of the Juventus, than interviewed from Sky, it has answered thus to the market voices that would want the defender in via of transfer to the Manchester City. On the new scenes of market and the probable arrival of Heinze it has added: “The square e' gia' much fort, we will see. Of it we will speak with Ranieri and Secco”.

Gazzetta dello Sport

I can hardly think of a situation where we'll come out of this well. 7 mil is an awful lot for an older player who missed much of last season.

December 15 2007.

Heinze scythes down Gary Neville, sends him flying arse over tit into the stands and ends his season.

And Plug Neville will know its coming for months beforehand.

I dare you then not to say its 7mill well spent :D

As for the Heinze deal itself, why the fuck does Fergie have such difficulty grasping what's going on here? Heinze was one of the first names on his team-sheet the season before last. Then he got injured and in the interim, Evra established himself in the left-back slot, despite a very dodgy start. It's clear that Heinze would not have been his first choice at LB this season

Theres a few facts being forgotten about Heinze. Lets start off by remembering that :

i) Its 24 months since he was their player of their year; thats some going in a first season at a club, new to the Prem and being a defender in such an attacking side.

ii) He was injured 10 Sept 05 and didn't play for them again until 23 Sept 06, so he missed the whole of the summer, pre season, August and September. He was bound to have a crap season last term, particularly with the injuries around him and the rest of the defence going constantly missing. He was still giving it 100%.

iii) In spite of all that he played more games for the Mancs last term than Evra, their so called first choice, often being preferred to Evra at left back for long periods of the season.

iv) He finished the season as captain of their side for the last few games, including when they picked up the Prem trophy.

It needs to be remembered that Heinze agent has been angling for a move out of the Mancs for 18 months, way before he returned from injury. He only has two years left on his contract and has made clear he won't sign another. Taggart doesn't want to sell him and never has.

The Mancs I know are gutted he is leaving and still rate him big time. All the revisionist shit from them on forums is similar to how they have foamed at the mouth over Torres for the last 3-4 years and now he isn't worth half what we paid for him.

I reckon under Rafas coaching Heinze would find his best form and be an amazing signing for us.

Theres a few facts being forgotten about Heinze. Lets start off by remembering that :

i) Its 24 months since he was their player of their year; thats some going in a first season at a club, new to the Prem and being a defender in such an attacking side.

ii) He was injured 10 Sept 05 and didn't play for them again until 23 Sept 06, so he missed the whole of the summer, pre season, August and September. He was bound to have a crap season last term, particularly with the injuries around him and the rest of the defence going constantly missing. He was still giving it 100%.

iii) In spite of all that he played more games for the Mancs last term than Evra, their so called first choice, often being preferred to Evra at left back for long periods of the season.

iv) He finished the season as captain of their side for the last few games, including when they picked up the Prem trophy.

It needs to be remembered that Heinze agent has been angling for a move out of the Mancs for 18 months, way before he returned from injury. He only has two years left on his contract and has made clear he won't sign another. Taggart doesn't want to sell him and never has.

The Mancs I know are gutted he is leaving and still rate him big time. All the revisionist shit from them on forums is similar to how they have foamed at the mouth over Torres for the last 3-4 years and now he isn't worth half what we paid for him.

I reckon under Rafas coaching Heinze would find his best form and be an amazing signing for us.

Some solid points there, he'd be a vast improvement on Riise or Aurelio in that position. If it goes through, will be interesting to see what the future holds for JAR.

I'm sure Heinze wouldn't be taking such extraordinary measures to join us if he wasn't assured by Rafa that he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

December 15 2007.

Heinze scythes down Gary Neville, sends him flying arse over tit into the stands and ends his season.

And Plug Neville will know its coming for months beforehand.

I dare you then not to say its 7mill well spent :D

Yah, I might agree then. I would deffo agree if, in the course of his flying arse over tit, one of his boots falls off and it hits (what was it someone on here called him in a recent post, "Poxface" or something?) Ferguscum in his scarlet-faced grid.

Why though?

Is he just a bit of a tw@t?

He's certainly not showing himself in a good light through this episode.

Why would we want a player like this at the club? Will he be bad for morale?

He obviously doesn't like Manchester's side and he knows argies on Liverpool and fancies staying in the Northwest of England. That says something... He's smart enough to know demento is shite.

Or we have offered him more money and a guaranteed first team place?

Or we have offered him more money and a guaranteed first team place?

Even if this is true I doubt very much we've been involved for 18 months.

I fcuking hate Man Utd as much as the next person, they have some odious players and many odious fans, but I don't think anyone could genuinely disagree with my being suspicious of his motives for trying to force a move for 18 months.

Not entirely true. Evra was their first choice. Note that Evra got seriously injured last season and was out of contention for many matches. If you count the number of games Evra was starting with Heinze on the bench and compare to the opposite situation you will see it clearly.

Besides that I agree with everything else in the post :smile:

Benitez spending to continue

By David Maddock 31/07/2007 Daily Mirror

Liverpool chief Rick Parry has insisted that despite a summer spree of £50million the spending is not over at Anfield.

And manager Rafa Benitez could exploit that backing by targeting at least two more captures before the Premiership season gets underway.

It is well-documented he is prepared to spend close to £7m to snatch Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United, but he has also been busy identifying a back-up should that deal get embroiled in legal wrangling.

And he believes Wigan's England Under-21 international Leighton Baines could be the answer to his problem left-back position, after the defender turned down the chance to move to Sunderland.

The capture of the young Englishman would be a coup for Benitez, not least because their neighbours and sworn enemies Everton are also interested in the player.

But Benitez also wants more cover at centre-half, knowing that should Jamie Carragher be injured his Premiership title chances would also go with him.

And he has not given up on another wide player as Harry Kewell is in the final season of his contract, and will not be offered a new deal. Benitez would love to land Chelsea's Arjen Robben for £17m, although the Dutch winger seems committed to Real Madrid.

Parry said: "It was always the plan to get a lot of our transfer work done early in the summer because that gives the manager the maximum opportunity to settle players in.

"But we are far from finished doing business and if the right players come along then we are prepared to go and get them."

I don't think Baines improves us at left back, but Robben would improve us no end on the flanks. I can't see that happening though. Mourinho would much rather he sat in the Chelsea reserves for 2 years than let him come here. If Robben agitates for a move he'll be off to Real Madrid, unless Maureen wants to put his foot down and keep a player who would rather leave.

Liverpool await response in Gabriel Heinze battle

Jul 31 2007 by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are waiting for the Premier League to take the next step in the acrimonious battle to sign Gabriel Heinze.

The Reds have written to league officials asking them to resolve the dispute between Heinze and Manchester United, thus paving the way for the transfer to Anfield.

Although the focus has understandably been on the row between two fierce rivals, this is essentially a dispute between the player and his club, not Liverpool and United, and in such instances it is for the league to intervene.

The crux of the argument remains whether a signed letter from David Gill making it clear Heinze can join any club for a set fee is binding or not.

Gill says he verbally told the Argentinian he couldn’t join their Premiership rivals, but he didn’t put this in writing.

Heinze is due to return to training with United next Monday.

Clearly, he’ll expect the matter to have taken a turn in his favour by then, as United recognise he has no future at their club.

Privately, Liverpool are bemused at United’s refusal to allow him to move to Anfield as they would receive a hefty sum for a player who is clearly surplus to requirements.

In the absence of a logical explanation for blocking his move to Merseyside – to a club which United fans gleefully recognise has barely mounted a serious challenge for the title in 17 years – it seems Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson are basing their opposition solely on emotional factors.

The Premier League must decide if it’s fair for a transfer to be blocked and a player's career stalled on the basis of one club disliking another.

Meanwhile, Steve Finnan is expected to put pen to paper today on the contract he agreed last week.

Finnan will sign a two-year deal which may become a three-year contract if clauses are activated.

Liverpool await response in Gabriel Heinze battle

Jul 31 2007 by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are waiting for the Premier League to take the next step in the acrimonious battle to sign Gabriel Heinze.

The Reds have written to league officials asking them to resolve the dispute between Heinze and Manchester United, thus paving the way for the transfer to Anfield.

Although the focus has understandably been on the row between two fierce rivals, this is essentially a dispute between the player and his club, not Liverpool and United, and in such instances it is for the league to intervene.

The crux of the argument remains whether a signed letter from David Gill making it clear Heinze can join any club for a set fee is binding or not.

Gill says he verbally told the Argentinian he couldn’t join their Premiership rivals, but he didn’t put this in writing.

Heinze is due to return to training with United next Monday.

Clearly, he’ll expect the matter to have taken a turn in his favour by then, as United recognise he has no future at their club.

Privately, Liverpool are bemused at United’s refusal to allow him to move to Anfield as they would receive a hefty sum for a player who is clearly surplus to requirements.

In the absence of a logical explanation for blocking his move to Merseyside – to a club which United fans gleefully recognise has barely mounted a serious challenge for the title in 17 years – it seems Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson are basing their opposition solely on emotional factors.

The Premier League must decide if it’s fair for a transfer to be blocked and a player's career stalled on the basis of one club disliking another.

Meanwhile, Steve Finnan is expected to put pen to paper today on the contract he agreed last week.

Finnan will sign a two-year deal which may become a three-year contract if clauses are activated.

I wish Bascome would frig off with is bigging up of the mancs in recent articles, I know he's probably trying to lower expectations but its doing my head in.