You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will sign two wingers and a striker, I am sure of that, will they be Rafa´s first choice targets, probably not.

Will we improve next season, defo yes but not enouch to challenge for the title

Why do people come out with utter shite like this they they nothing to base it on. Nothing against you personally Nick but if people would stop talking out of thier arse we may not be so wound up by this whole carry on.

Revising the stadium? Until the stadium is built, you can't say they've come good on this.

Err, they've revised the original plans and submitted said plans to the council so yes, I can.

If I'd said 'built' a stadium then you'd have a point.

If Momo is sold (strange in the latest Interview Gillett didnt confirm his deal but did all the others) thats 12m, Bellemy is another 10m, 5m from the sale of Speedie and Flo and 8m from, Cisse.

That would still give us 35m to play with without them having to put there hand in their pocket.

It's never that simple though, as all those players have to be paid off as none of them asked to leave. Also, the clubs that are buying may not give us all that cash up front.

It isn't a case of selling Bellamy for £10m and using the money to bring in, say, Malouda for £10m. Because Bellamy has to be paid off, Malouda has to get his signing on fee etc and Lyon may want the full amount up front. I'm not saying they do, just using that as an example of how we can't just simplify things that way.

Sheikh Mo' is well used to winning auctions and the like, if he really was the owner of LFC, I can only imagine the players he would sign

however, the impression I got is that he wasn't that interested in football anyway, I guess we'll never know...

I could start a new thread where we could talk about how everything is fine and that there's no rift between Rafa and Gillett/Hicks, and at the same time refering to this interview. But I won't, as it would drown in this thread where the opposite is better documented.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=no-rift-with-benitez---gillett%26method=full%26objectid=19282582%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

It's never that simple though, as all those players have to be paid off as none of them asked to leave. Also, the clubs that are buying may not give us all that cash up front.

It isn't a case of selling Bellamy for £10m and using the money to bring in, say, Malouda for £10m. Because Bellamy has to be paid off, Malouda has to get his signing on fee etc and Lyon may want the full amount up front. I'm not saying they do, just using that as an example of how we can't just simplify things that way.

That's something we often forget. That, and the fact that Carra, Alonso, Momo, Pepe and Gerrard has signed new deals has probably cost us +£10m in sign on fees alone.

I could start a new thread where we could talk about how everything is fine and that there's no rift between Rafa and Gillett/Hicks, and at the same time refering to this interview. But I won't, as it would drown in this thread where the opposite is better documented.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=no-rift-with-benitez---gillett%26method=full%26objectid=19282582%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

It'll be interesting to see what bascombe's take is on this alleged falling out between them. I've had a look but couldn't see an article from him today, will this be online later?

It'll be interesting to see what bascombe's take is on this alleged falling out between them. I've had a look but couldn't see an article from him today, will this be online later?

Bascombes on Holiday for a couple of weeks. So nothing from there for a while. Bascombes last article said he needed a break to get over his cynicism of LFC. FWIW, Bascombe has been hinting at their being issues all last week, so whats coming out now isnt new. The only questions are, who is feeding Bascombe and why ? I hope its Rafa playing hard ball, but it could of course Rafa advertising that if G&T dont sort it soon, he's off.

Whatever your personality stance, optimist or pessimist, one thing that has emerged from this is the sheer classlessness of George Gillett. Waving bank notes like a 1980s Harry Enfield character and then reneging on the implicatures of his gesticulations. The bell.

Sometimes you can be a right sanctimonious self riechous son of bitch

Personally ive gone past caring but obviously a lot of people do care and you holy than thou attitude stinks to high heaven

LOL ! Takes one to know one you wibbling old cnut ! :thumbup:

I dont know what you expected, or anyone else, but I never expected 100m on players this summer. If G&T deliver one top signing, which I believe they will and two supporting players, for about 50m, then my expectations will have been met so why wibble ?

Bascombes on Holiday for a couple of weeks. So nothing from there for a while. Bascombes last article said he needed a break to get over his cynicism of LFC. FWIW, Bascombe has been hinting at their being issues all last week, so whats coming out now isnt new. The only questions are, who is feeding Bascombe and why ? I hope its Rafa playing hard ball, but it could of course Rafa advertising that if G&T dont sort it soon, he's off.

Sadly I think it's the latter, remember Bascombes 'by then it'll probabaly be too late' comment in the pink a few weeks ago. I got the feeling he was hinting at the possibility of Rafa walking if things arent sorted out to his liking.

As for where Bascombe gets his information from, apparently he speaks to Rafa on a daily basis.

Whatever your personality stance, optimist or pessimist, one thing that has emerged from this is the sheer classlessness of George Gillett. Waving bank notes like a 1980s Harry Enfield character and then reneging on the implicatures of his gesticulations. The bell.

I didn't see it, but the whole waving of notes thing is just classless full stop, never mind whether he reneges on it or not. When I heard of that it was straight WTF ?

[/b]

Sadly I think it's the latter, remember Bascombes 'by then it'll probabaly be too late' comment in the pink a few weeks ago. I got the feeling he was hinting at the possibility of Rafa walking if things arent sorted out to his liking.

As for where Bascombe gets his information from, apparently he speaks to Rafa on a daily basis.

Yep, thats certainly one scenario and given Rafa and Gerrards previous records, Im sure one or both will walk if their ambitions aren't matched. G&T know this too and are aware of the complete disaster they'd have on their hands if this happened. I'd even go as so far as to say, I think its a dead cert to happen if all this is true. However, neither has and that is the reason to stay calm. As I said in my post last night, the facts we know are, that 4 first teamers, the spine of the team, have all resigned on long contracts. Seems to me they are assured by Rafa and the owners, so I think I will be too, for now at least. If we havent spent 50m come September, then we know, now we dont.

That's something we often forget. That, and the fact that Carra, Alonso, Momo, Pepe and Gerrard has signed new deals has probably cost us +£10m in sign on fees alone.

Plus most of our CL income for the next four years in extra wages,