You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RTK...

Chris

There are certain parts of RTK that I like, as all would. ie. improve the atmosphere and the education of fans, and parts I feel uncomfortable with. I would also like to say I'm from Bristol and my Dad is a Leeds fan, but he recognised the need for a proper footballing 'education' and taught me all the Liverpool songs from a very early age. If people are not this lucky to have a Dad who understands the need to appreciate the history, heritage and culture of a club where are they going to learn this as an OOT other than a relative or the internet?

The concerns I have with RTK are the associations with the HJC (whether deliberatetly implied or not) and those who see it as an opportunity to high-jack it for their own means ala The Countryside Alliance. The Kop, Anfield and Liverpool football club belongs to the fans, whether those fans where born in Liverpool, Bristol, Cork or Canada is irrelevant, it belongs to them and not a select band of super fans.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some right touchy bastards in the non-scouse population on here. Aidan summed it up on the original RTK thread with his comment about OOT's being guests and that they should recognise this fact. I've heard anti-scouse comments from some match attending out of towners and think they are taking a fucking liberty following a club that carries the city's name. As far as I'm concerned, attempting to educate the clueless one match in a lifetime idiots who frequently turn up for matches is something to be admired rather than admonished.

There's some right touchy bastards in the non-scouse population on here. Aidan summed it up on the original RTK thread with his comment about OOT's being guests and that they should recognise this fact. I've heard anti-scouse comments from some match attending out of towners and think they are taking a fucking liberty following a club that carries the city's name. As far as I'm concerned, attempting to educate the clueless one match in a lifetime idiots who frequently turn up for matches is something to be admired rather than admonished.

Well said.

As far as I'm concerned, attempting to educate the clueless one match in a lifetime idiots who frequently turn up for matches is something to be admired rather than admonished.

There were more of those there on saturday than I have ever seen before. The pavement outsde the Kop was chocker even when I arrived at 12 o'clock. Never seen so many daytrippers in my life.

So what better time to try and educate them and do something about the atmosphere? Sheffield United was the perfect game to do something to try and improve the atmosphere. I just think RTK are picking the wrong games.

If they could have got something going on saturday I think they'd have built up a head of steam and attracted a lot more support to what they are trying to do.

The only shit teams we've got left at Anfield now are Boro, Wigan and Charlton. Hopefully we'll see some kind of RTK initiative in those games, because God knows we'll need it.

There were more of those there on saturday than I have ever seen before. The pavement outsde the Kop was chocker even when I arrived at 12 o'clock. Never seen so many daytrippers in my life.

So what better time to try and educate them and do something about the atmosphere? Sheffield United was the perfect game to do something to try and improve the atmosphere. I just think RTK are picking the wrong games.

If they could have got something going on saturday I think they'd have built up a head of steam and attracted a lot more support to what they are trying to do.

The only shit teams we've got left at Anfield now are Boro, Wigan and Charlton. Hopefully we'll see some kind of RTK initiative in those games, because God knows we'll need it.

Has anyone tried to contact RTK about this? I don't mean the people who post on the RTK forum, I mean the real people behind the campaign. I don't know who they are.

There's an email address for the RTK site that they say they'll attempt to respond to. Someone should drop them a line and make this suggestion respectfully and constructively. I don't see how they could object to the reasoning behind it.

I'd do it, but after posting my suggestion for the Manc game on RTK and RAOTL, I think I'm tainted. :whistle:

Look I don't really feel one way or another towards all this RTK bollocks. But people who insert themselves into possitions of power and influence need to be questioned. Nobody voted for them. They are a self-appointed government telling people how to behave. They need to be kept in check.

The rest is just banter, and being an arse for the sake of stirring the pot. Make of that what you will.

The ownership and board of our club accepted them, simple as that. So we are stuck with them, just like we are with whoever owns and runs us.

And amongst the scousers too. Some of whom (particularly the Happy al's brigade) dont want OOT's anywhere near Liverpool FC.

You dont really mean what you have just said do you ?

For Christ's sake, I have never read so much bollocks in my life. For SIE's (Scousers in Exile) like myself I cannot believe how touchy the LBS's(Liverpool based Scousers)have become. The minority of fans who come to the game and who are unfortunate to have Leicester as their place of birth on their passports, actually enjoy coming to Liverpool, think the locals are great and feel priviledged to come to Anfield.They would love to join in with the songs but quite often they find that the Kop are on a sponsored silence. We all want a better atmosphere but please dont blame it on OOT's and the like. The Kop use to be quiet(and often not full) in the 1970's and the 1980's.By all means let's try and recreate better atmospheres which are inclusive of all fans who take the trouble to go, with out resorting to passport checks.

From RAWK

BHB

Likes to make fairy cakes

Legend

Re: RTK: Barca timebomb night

« Reply #28 on: Today at 02:12:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the post above - those rallying calls were RAWK only rallying calls, how many of the match going population would have seen them? Not many.

The RTK war cry is up on .TV, it's going in the matchday programme for Saturday and it's going in The Echo on Saturday. Far wider audience, and there is the difference.

And just to re-state:

If ANYONE, anyone at all has any issues with RTK - please stop posting them on the forums, send me a PM and I'll discuss it with you there.

Even better still, drop me a PM and arrange to come and meet a few of us for a pint. Talk it through and maybe put some of your concerns at ease. Try and understand exactly whaty RTK is trying to do instead of hiding behind an internet user name and criticising.

Come and meet us in person....

I'll wait for the flood of PM's:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=22757

You dont really mean what you have just said do you ?

For Christ's sake, I have never read so much bollocks in my life. For SIE's (Scousers in Exile) like myself I cannot believe how touchy the LBS's(Liverpool based Scousers)have become. The minority of fans who come to the game and who are unfortunate to have Leicester as their place of birth on their passports, actually enjoy coming to Liverpool, think the locals are great and feel priviledged to come to Anfield.They would love to join in with the songs but quite often they find that the Kop are on a sponsored silence. We all want a better atmosphere but please dont blame it on OOT's and the like. The Kop use to be quiet(and often not full) in the 1970's and the 1980's.By all means let's try and recreate better atmospheres which are inclusive of all fans who take the trouble to go, with out resorting to passport checks.

Maybe i'm looking at this through rosetinted specs, but sorry mate, you're wrong there. The Kop quiet in the '70s and '80s? Not from what i remember, we won a trophy nearly every season, and the atmosphere was always buzzing, we had something to look forward to every season, and in the late

'70s/early '80s the Anny was full of scally's who used to give the Kop loads.

My mate said to me a while back "why do the crowd in the videos and dvds' sound different?" I told him, imo, it's cos the earlier ones are mainly scouse accents, it's true listen to them.

I've got absolutely nothing against anyone supporting the Reds, you can be born where you like, if you're a Red, you're welcome, as far as i'm concerned (Chris and a few others who i know from oot will testify to that). But i have heard oots slagging scousers and the city off.

Dave, and a few others, are bang on about the matches they pick. The chances of getting a ticket for the one match a season brigade, of which i would love to be a part (haven't been for years), are far higher for the shit matches, for obvious reasons. When i next come over to England (I have only been back once in 7 years), I have promised our lad that I'll take him to a Liverpool match. I won't be able to choose the match, it will be the match that is being played when we happen to come over.

The ST holders on the Kop who don't sing, will never sing. You will have a much better chance of getting Daytrippers to join in and sing i reckon, so the RTK might well work at a shit game and it is these matches they should concentrate on. I thought the response to criticism that someone posted from RTK was good.

Good for you. Back up your accusations with the piece concerned, and allow me the right to reply. Until that happens it's a spurious claim without grounding.

I'm not realy interested in giving you a right to reply. I know what you are and no twisting words on this thread will change it. It's a little bit like the few times some posters on here have been accused of racism - it's easy to wriggle and claim you're being mis-understood etc. it's easy to attempt to paint yourself as something you're not to suit your own ends for that day. I've read your shit when your not posting or writing from a position to defend yourself - i know you're a scouse hating, self absorbed cock and there's nothing you can say on this thread that will change that.

Dave, and a few others, are bang on about the matches they pick. The chances of getting a ticket for the one match a season brigade, of which i would love to be a part (haven't been for years), are far higher for the shit matches, for obvious reasons. When i next come over to England (I have only been back once in 7 years), I have promised our lad that I'll take him to a Liverpool match. I won't be able to choose the match, it will be the match that is being played when we happen to come over.

The ST holders on the Kop who don't sing, will never sing. You will have a much better chance of getting Daytrippers to join in and sing i reckon, so the RTK might well work at a shit game and it is these matches they should concentrate on. I thought the response to criticism that someone posted from RTK was good.

From RAWK

BHB

Legend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the post above - those rallying calls were RAWK only rallying calls, how many of the match going population would have seen them? Not many.

The RTK war cry is up on .TV, it's going in the matchday programme for Saturday and it's going in The Echo on Saturday. Far wider audience, and there is the difference.

And just to re-state:

If ANYONE, anyone at all has any issues with RTK - please stop posting them on the forums, send me a PM and I'll discuss it with you there.

Even better still, drop me a PM and arrange to come and meet a few of us for a pint. Talk it through and maybe put some of your concerns at ease. Try and understand exactly whaty RTK is trying to do instead of hiding behind an internet user name and criticising.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...a=send;u=22757

From RAWK

BHB

Legend

And just to re-state:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...a=send;u=22757

You are a true C&P ninja, full marks. Why did you paste that in as a reply to me?

You are a true C&P ninja, full marks. Why did you paste that in as a reply to me?

Basically to tell you to get in touch with them with your ideas.

That's been my whole point on this thread. Get in touch with them and then maybe your ideas might get off the ground.

People seem to think it's an exclusive club when it's not.

I've done a bit more reading on RTK, and I can see that a lot of the things I was against aren't actually part of "official" RTK policy.

I need to read a bit more, but I've a feeling most of my misgivings about RTK have come from members of other sites who've tweaked RTK to suit their own agendas.

I found that thing about Cork and the S*n and it came in a post from someone who said that it isn't about getting rid of OOters. The Cork thing was a flippant remark at the end of what I think was just a personal post, but that's almost become the official word on RTK. Chinese whispers and all that.

I've not found where I read the stuff about wearing your LFC shirt over the top of your sweatshirt (RIS - it wasn't me ma, I checked) but I expect it was from a member of a forum expressing his personal view, and again it morphed into it being a view of RTK.

Maybe us lot on here should put some ideas forward to RTK about how they can get the atmosphere boosted for the shit games like Wigan and Charlton. Topless cheerleaders?

Nail on head.

Basically to tell you to get in touch with them with your ideas.

That's been my whole point on this thread. Get in touch with them and then maybe your ideas might get off the ground.

People seem to think it's an exclusive club when it's not.

I was discussing. It is a discussion forum. If you felt the need to tell me to contact them, write "contact them" instead of pasting in a big block of unnecessary text. RTK have already said they are going to target smaller matches in the future, so I don't think they need me mailing them about it.

What's wrong with a bit of good healthy open debate?

Nothing at all. Just asking people to put their ideas to the people who can do something about them.

If I wanted to know why my bins hadn't been emptied I'd get in touch with the council to find out why and what they're going to do about it not just moan to my mates about it in the pub.

I was discussing. It is a discussion forum. If you felt the need to tell me to contact them, write "contact them" instead of pasting in a big block of unnecessary text. RTK have already said they are going to target smaller matches in the future, so I don't think they need me mailing them about it.

You're just being a touch pedantic now so I'll leave it at that.

I'm not too sure what to think about all of this.

RTK's stated aims sound laudable but, to be honest, i don't like being told what to do or how to think or act by self appointed "guardians of the kop".

I agree that some behaviour is pretty shit - those easy chants really piss me off but i'm still unhappy about it all...hmm

This is all getting a bit tedious now.

I think everyone's agreed that the atmosphere needs to be improved at Anfield so anyone who sets out to do so should be applauded.

If you don't like the way they are doing it then why not get involved so your views aren't just a cry in the wilderness?

Change from within is the only way of seeing things done the way you want them to be. Anyone can just stand on the sidelines taking pot shots without ever having to take responsibility.

Some of the RTK stuff bothers me, especially the cringeworthy RTK charter, but they are at least trying to make a difference so either get involved or leave them to it.

You can't have it both ways.

This is all getting a bit tedious now.

I think everyone's agreed that the atmosphere needs to be improved at Anfield so anyone who sets out to do so should be applauded.

If you don't like the way they are doing it then why not get involved so your views aren't just a cry in the wilderness?

Change from within is the only way of seeing things done the way you want them to be. Anyone can just stand on the sidelines taking pot shots without ever having to take responsibility.

Some of the RTK stuff bothers me, especially the cringeworthy RTK charter, but they are at least trying to make a difference so either get involved or leave them to it.

You can't have it both ways.

Well said.