You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RTK...

Chris

Because we don't need a campaign to have Anfield rocking for a game against Barcelona, or for any European night.

They'll be taking credit for something which is fucking inevitable anyway.

Err, what about Bordeaux and PSV? The behaviour of some of the Main Standers was shite especially against Bordeaux.

And to be fair surely todays RTK bulletin is aimed at these people?

Also the point about getting in early is a damn fine one, its depressing singing YNWA in a half empty stadium.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So am I right in guessing when it was the Kops last stand and flyers were distributed to tell everyone to get in there and get it going with your flags and colours it was met with the same distain?

I think not somehow.

People have just drawn their own conclusions about RTK without even reading what it's all about.

I think people are making it pretty clear what they don't agree with.

Can you tell us why RTK make a big deal out of big games, when the atmosphere is going to be fine anyway, but did nothing for Shgeffield United? It's a legitimate question.

The best atmosphere we've had possibly ever was for Chelsea in 2005. Juve was fantastic too, and it was done without RTK. Barca would be exactly the same, with or without RTK. The point about getting in early and bringing flags etc is a fair one, and I don't have any issue with RTK trying to make sure everyone gets in early etc.

I just think that ignoring the Sheff Utd game and then making an effort for Barca is really sending out the wrong message. It smacks of glory hunting.

I think the hostility towards RTK is unnecessary, but it is a mystery why they only seem to be up for the big games.

I think RTK's got itself all tangled up (accidentally I assume) with the burn-the-OOTer brigade. Maybe more of an effort needs to be made (away from the RTK site) to confirm that OOTers aren't unwanted, and that being a scouser is not a requirement for being a Kopite.

Like it or not, the impression you get from some of statements made is going to scare people off. And people aren't going to visit a site they assume is hostile to be told that maybe it isn't hostile after all.

Thats exactly right. Some lads who I know want the Kop 'scouse' with no wools whatsoever. Even to the point where they don't want wools going to away games too.

This RTK thing is perfect for them to carry this argument out.

I think people are making it pretty clear what they don't agree with.

Can you tell us why RTK make a big deal out of big games, when the atmosphere is going to be fine anyway, but did nothing for Shgeffield United? It's a legitimate question.

The best atmosphere we've had possibly ever was for Chelsea in 2005. Juve was fantastic too, and it was done without RTK. Barca would be exactly the same, with or without RTK. The point about getting in early and bringing flags etc is a fair one, and I don't have any issue with RTK trying to make sure everyone gets in early etc.

I just think that ignoring the Sheff Utd game and then making an effort for Barca is really sending out the wrong message. It smacks of glory hunting.

I think the hostility towards RTK is unnecessary, but it is a mystery why they only seem to be up for the big games.

I've no doubt that the Sheffield Utd question isn't legitimate. All I'm saying is rather than sitting in a corner grumbling about it why not get a bit pro active and find out why through the official RTK website? If you feel it's a problem then why not be the solution? Join in, offer ideas and help the cause.

Granted about the other atmospheres but what about when we went out with a whimper (as holders) to Benfica at the same stage last season?

I just don't see how todays statement has wound people up so much. It didn't me. I'll be doing all those things without prompting and don't need to be told how to behave in Anfield but so what? Good on them for putting it out.

I also think glory hunting is a bit strong as RTK have never been about patting themselves on the back.

The point about RTK and the big games is a fair one. But you have to bear in mind that when any campaign starts it needs successes because an early failure could kill it off before it even gets going.

That's why they have to target games like Barca and get a bit of momentum going from there.

I've no doubt that the atmosphere would be special against Barca no matter what but if RTK add just 1% to it by encouraging people to get in early and presenting an almost official front then that can only be a good thing.

This RTK campaign seems to be getting a lot of unwarranted abuse.

Plenty have moaned on here about the lack of atmosphere at Anfield in recent times, they seem to be working towards doing something positive about it.

It doesn't seem to have an anti-OOT agenda either, despite the accusations.

Maybe it's a bit naiive choosing a game that will have a cracking atmosphere anyway, but at least they're trying to improve things. Surely that's a good thing?

Maybe it's a bit naiive choosing a game that will have a cracking atmosphere anyway, but at least they're trying to improve things. Surely that's a good thing?

They've picked all the big games and left all the smaller ones.

Maybe we should start a campaign to get Anfield sold out every game, I propose we target Barcelona, Chelsea, Everton and Utd......job done.

They've picked all the big games and left all the smaller ones.

Maybe we should start a campaign to get Anfield sold out every game, I propose we target Barcelona, Chelsea, Everton and Utd......job done.

Why don't you then?

This is what does my head in.

A group of lads are TRYING to improve things but people like you just bleat about it without doing anything yourself.

Put up or shut up.

This RTK campaign seems to be getting a lot of unwarranted abuse.

Plenty have moaned on here about the lack of atmosphere at Anfield in recent times, they seem to be working towards doing something positive about it.

It doesn't seem to have an anti-OOT agenda either, despite the accusations.

Yes but the initial poster has an anti-scouse agenda - so being asked to act in a manner more in keeping with Liverpool fans, which by default would be scousers, means he feels he needs to stick the boot in.

I posted some - I thought - constructive criticism over on the RTK forum and basically got told to fuck off.

I think the words used were "I wish they'd all fuck off".

Fucking charming.

Ditto , only add the words Woolie cunt to the Reply

We don't care what your name is boy

We'll never turn you away...............

Why don't you then?

This is what does my head in.

A group of lads are TRYING to improve things but people like you just bleat about it without doing anything yourself.

Put up or shut up.

Nice ... Never liked that free speech bollocks anyway .Dictatorship is a much more pleasant option