You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xmas Party = Cash !

BRANDS

Had my works xmas party last night at st james park..ive always wondered how the geordies managed to shell wads of cash on players when they haven't been in the champions league for about 5 years - answer there banqueting and corperate side is top notch !

Theres about 4 levels with several main rooms offering differnent corperate packages - our team plummed for the £35 per head champagne reception

times that by approx 500 people in the room and then add in drinks at approx £3.00 there raking it in.

They had newcastle united hats crackers etc - i didnt wear them ! its a proper geordie love in there! Even the wine was NUFC wine though im told it was vintage Souness era - left a bitter taste !

Has anyone been to Heathcotes at Anfield ? Is the banqueting side able to match that of Newcastle ? Its a sign of time but when the new ground is built i guess the normal fan will be shunned for the meal and drinks brigade

Oh yes the meal was shite starter Northumberland soup (heinz veggie soup)

turkey dinner (ross microwave meal for one) some form of cheesecake (mum went to iceland!)

I was home by 11pm oh and i spewed the meal back up this morning

i was there a few years back for a footy tournament (actually i think it was more sports than just footy, but i only played footy). anyway, there was a big do at st james park in the night. i was very impressed with what they'd done. although it was really only like a glorified social club on multi-floors, you could see with the facilities they had they could make absolute bundles there and everything was very well organised considering the vast numbers there. i doubt it's full to capacity all the time, but they must certainly do more with that side of the business than we do at anfield.

i've had the corporste package at anfield once, it was for the Porto game in the uefa cup in 2001 and the whole thing was excellent. 5 course meal all of which was top notch. Sat out in the main stand so better than being in a box.

havent been there for a function, but that was class.

You have to book up for xmas by september due to the demand and i know the xmas parties start late Novemeber and rage on up to new year so the cash there gonna make obviously balance the books - spoke to a few different sets of fans who all had nothing but good things to say about liverpool and i didnt get one ' watch your carkeys joke' ! and there didnt seem to be much jealousy over are new owners as i they believe we have more class than chelsea