You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Official Wigan thread...

05 Milan

I reckon Pennant deserves at least a season to prove himself, all this talk of him being shite, not good enough etc etc is baloney. He's made 21 appearances for Liverpool and a struggling, underperforming Liverpool at that. I just love the way people judge players on a few months of football playing for a team in which none of its established have covered themselves in glory.

While we are on the subject of Pennant, he's never going to build confidence as long as the day tripping pricks boo him, I find it fuckin disgraceful. Get behind him, encourage him and let him build his confidence up. If at the end of the season he's been a failure, fair do's, ship him out and put it down as a mistake.

How many chances have you had on this forum under your various guises soft lad?

Good post, I agree, we should be pateient with him, he's been awful, but he knows that. In fact probably no one is more aware of that than him. Booing wont help for shit. He's our player, at least the rest of the season, we have nothing to gain from giving him shit. It's not about being a "superfan", it's about being smart. Being supportive of him is in everyones best interest.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Pennant deserves at least a season to prove himself, all this talk of him being shite, not good enough etc etc is baloney. He's made 21 appearances for Liverpool and a struggling, underperforming Liverpool at that. I just love the way people judge players on a few months of football playing for a team in which none of its established have covered themselves in glory.

While we are on the subject of Pennant, he's never going to build confidence as long as the day tripping pricks boo him, I find it fuckin disgraceful. Get behind him, encourage him and let him build his confidence up. If at the end of the season he's been a failure, fair do's, ship him out and put it down as a mistake.

How many chances have you had on this forum under your various guises soft lad?

Fuck off mate and stop talking sense.

The lad is shot to pieces. It was sad to see to be honest.

It is a disgrace and we all need - most of us - need to take a look in the mirror.

I just lost it mid-week with him and I expect more did the same.

As happy as I am now I am ashamed, he wears the badge he gets our support.

Thanks mate.

Drewy you said the other night that stayed in my head. Paul said not to do it to post more. Listen to Paul mate Post and educate.

At last reasons to be cheerful, and optimistic. We got the breaks today. But Bellamy was superb, Cisse was never as remotely effective. He looked the player we'd hoped we'd signed. He looks like he could be a great get out option for us, when we're not playing well, like Michael Owen.

Touching wood, but has anyone else noticed that Reina is playing with great assurance recently, and he made vital saves at 1-0 and 2-0 that had Wigan scored could have put us real pressure.

Here's hoping that we can find some form now.

pennant found his level last season. mid to lower premiership club player at best. and he doesn't have the right attitude, or mental capacity, to play for a big club that demands success.

pennant found his level last season. mid to lower premiership club player at best. and he doesn't have the right attitude, or mental capacity, to play for a big club that demands success.

I suspect you're right - and I never wanted him here in the first place - but it's too soon to make such a definitive comment; he could be a very different player in a flourishing side.

I find you questioning someones attitude or mental capacity laughable to say the least.

when he's playing in a red shirt he'll get my support, no question. but he'll need to do lot to convince me that he can be a top class winger at a big club. doing the basic things rights and working hard would be a start.

Worked like a charm yet again!

I just knew we would hammer them today, there was no other alternative. Today we didn't just take our chances, we used pace in attack effectively for the first time this season. Bellamy MOM.

He was good, but I have Gerrard as our best player. He was involved in all 4 goals, 3 assist and a good pass to Bellamy on the Kuyt goal. Bellamy wasn't far behind though, both played very well today.

Guest FarmersBoy
I was giving updates to a mate during the game, and when it was finished he asked me if we were as good as the result suggested. I told him we were as good away against Everton, but 4-0 is 4-0. Football is a strange sport sometimes.

I think that's absolutely spot on. Which is why I detest all of those no-marks who were giving it the big groan after the game at The Pit.

It's unfortunate that the fixture sequence we had away from home to start with was as it was... and lead to the crisis of confidence that we are still navigating our way out of (don't think for a moment this is all over with this result). But in that time we played well at The Pit and STamford Bridge. We will play worse (and have - against Man Citeh) and still win.

My biggest groan about Pennant is he shrugs his shoulders even more than Gerrard at his worst. When he fell over after being played through by Bellamy, hr just stood there, atleast fucking put in an effort. So what if his confidence is in tatters, that should just make him want to get stuck in even more. Atleast fight for it. Everyone needs to pull their weight, we can't have someone coasting along. That is why he isn't a LFC player for me. And with the games being played so far, he hasn't shown he can do this. I won't boo him, but I'll groan at him when he doesn't even try.

Pennants our player,and while he wears the shirt we must back him.The lad looks completley shattered at the minute,but which player wouldnt when your own fans cheer when your subbed and groan when you come on?

Drewy top post fella, let that be a lesson to all of us. This season Carragher, Alonso, Gerrard and Reina to name but 4 have at times been shit, We have only just come back into things this past month. It is hard enough adjusting as it is without senior players being shite. Bellamy is coming into it, the senior players are starting to take responsibility and it will be only a matter of time before Pennant starts having good games. He deserves a season as you said, spot on.

It will be interesting to see how the next year pans out as regards to players, there could be some suprise departures, a lot of players are playing for their futures.

I was pleased with today's performance. Despite the fact Wigan should have scored three goals. We needed a bit of luck and were the better side. After the restart I thought we'd sit back and "control" the game and not score another because that's what usually happens with Rafa.

Bellamy was outstanding today and he exploited the space magnificently, as well as stretching the play with his running. He was moaning a lot, as per. Gerrard was also fantastic and he was displaying determination coupled with vision and that has largely been missing from his game this season. Dirk was working his arse off and thanks to Bellamy's selflessness he managed to score his first away goal for us.

I don't like talk of turning corners as it gives me nightmares about 2003. Nevertheless, this was our most polished away performance of the season and it was nice to keep a clean a sheet, even if that was down to some luck and some woeful Wigan finishing. Pepe was outstanding at times, though.

Viva la Rafalucion.

Dont know if you were watching or listening to the game but Pennant just has zero confidence. He got himself into a great position but just slipped over.

You could hear the crowd when Pennant came on. You could clearly hear the groans at him running onto the pitch.

The game today was perfect for him to come on and attack a beleagured defence but once again couldnt beat his man or put in a good cross.

Yeah it's a fucking disgrace booing your own players, did you hear someone shouting "stop booing him yer cunts, you're really helping his confidence there you fucking wankers"? That was me that was, there were quite a few booing him by me.

Did you see that Fucking everton bus parked up by the Livepool end? Loads of lads went over and had a piss on the piece of shit, but what the fuck was it there for?

Anyway this is my last post for a few weeks, i'm off to Australia on the morrow, see you all soon, byeeeeeee