You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Sheriff Has Now Definately Left Dodge!

ScouseJim

Thought this deserved a Titled thread of it's own!

From TeamTalk:

Stoke loanee Diao accepts Reds exit

Stoke have tied up the signing of Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao on a three-month loan after agreeing what percentage of his wages to pay.

The 29-year-old agreed to the switch over the weekend and trained with the Potters for the first time on Monday.

Now, the two clubs have come to an agreement over how much of Diao's £20,000 a week wages Stoke will pay and the Senegal international is in line to make his debut in Saturday's trip to face Leeds.

Diao admits his career at Liverpool is over after falling out of favour at Anfield and he sees the move as a chance to prove people wrong who have labelled him a flop.

"My career at Liverpool is over, but not my career in England," he told the Stoke Sentinel.

"I feel I have something to prove, especially in England, because apart from my first year at Liverpool I have been unlucky with injuries.

"Sometimes you read in the papers that you are a flop and that hurts you a lot.

"I'm a very proud person and that's one of the reasons I want to stay in England. I know I'm a better player than you have seen."

"I love the passion of the people here and I want to stay in this country long-term instead of moving abroad."

Diao also insists he has no problem dropping down a division to the Championship.

"Sometimes you have to go down to be able to jump higher. I've already done that before and I am just happy to be here. I am impressed by everything, and everyone was happy for me to be here," he added.

Potters boss Tony Pulis claims the signing proves just how ambitious the club are, despite their lowly position in the league.

"He is only on loan, but I still hope this is the kind of signing that will convince people how serious the club is about our future ambitions," he said.

"We are absolutely delighted to sign a player of Salif's quality and we are extremely grateful to Liverpool for agreeing to the deal.

"Salif is a lovely kid and one, hopefully, champing at the bit and with something to prove to our benefit.

"He can play at the back, but I see him more as a midfielder for us. He's an all-action type of player, very competitive and a good passer of the ball.

"We've done our homework and checked him out fitness-wise as you'd expect. He seems to be 100 per cent and is on course to be in Saturday's squad for Leeds away.

Meanwhile, the Potters are also hopeful of completing the loan capture of Sunderland midfielder Rory Delap ahead of the Leeds clash.

Guest Brian Stewart

"We are absolutely delighted to sign a player of Salif's quality and we are extremely grateful to Liverpool for agreeing to the deal."

Took a lot of persuading, but in the end we reluctantly agreed. :party:

Can we not just fire him? If I was as crap at my job as Diao is at his, I'd get the sack and won't have much of a case if I claimed unfair dismissal. We should terminate his contract of employment and if there's any justice in this world, he would not be liable for any compensation from us.

Can we not just fire him? If I was as crap at my job as Diao is at his, I'd get the sack and won't have much of a case if I claimed unfair dismissal. We should terminate his contract of employment and if there's any justice in this world, he would not be liable for any compensation from us.

I totally agree, but sadly we all know it doesn't work out like that.

It was a misstake signing him, but it was our misstake and the only thing we can do about it is learn from it. Hard to blame Diao for getting a paycheck.

I always thought he had even more than £20k a week though. It seems strange that £20k was the salary that stopped him from moving to another club this summer. £20k a week is a lot of money, but hardly unusuall these days.

If you didn't like your job you could just leave and go work somewhere else. Would you like that to be the situation with our better players?

Potters boss Tony Pulis claims the signing proves just how ambitious the club are, despite their lowly position in the league.

"He is only on loan, but I still hope this is the kind of signing that will convince people how serious the club is about our future ambitions," he said.

Who does Tony Pulis think he's signed ?

If you didn't like your job you could just leave and go work somewhere else. Would you like that to be the situation with our better players?

If they don't like it here, despite our best efforts to make their life more pleasent, then they can fuck off and play for someone else. No point in keeping an unhappy employee moping around the place.

If they don't like it here, despite our best efforts to make their life more pleasent, then they can fuck off and play for someone else. No point in keeping an unhappy employee moping around the place.

And we don't get a fee of course just like your company wouldn't. Gerrard off to Chelsea for nowt. You still want this system?

And we don't get a fee of course just like your company wouldn't. Gerrard off to Chelsea for nowt. You still want this system?

I'd want a fee of course. Selling a company asset invariably involves getting money. Getting rid of crap workers should come at no cost (unless they're being sold).

I'd want a fee of course. Selling a company asset invariably involves getting money. Getting rid of crap workers should come at no cost (unless they're being sold).

If you move companies then the company you move to doesn't pay the one you're currently at. You're not an asset.