You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That Hamilton Bloke

AVEEZ

Critical condition, and it's Hammond you dozy mare!

Ahhhh shit.. But you knew who I meant... this was on for the pedantic thread!!!

I only like to look at him I dont need to know his name!!! ;)

AN now it seems 280 mph accident before anyone says!!!

Bit more from Sly News:

Top Gear Star Seriously Hurt In Crash

Wednesday September 20, 11:12 PM

Richard Hammond, one of the presenters of TV's Top Gear, is in critical condition following a car crash. Mr Hammond was hurt while filming an edition of the show near Leeds.

He was reportedly trying to set a new land speed record for Britain (they mean a new British land speed record, the illiterate fucks) in a jet-powered Vampire car when it overturned.

Mr Hammond was said to have been reaching speeds of up to 280mph as the accident happened.

He was taken to Leeds General Infirmary.

Firefighter Dave Ogden, who witnessed the crash, told Sky News that the 36-year-old presenter was able to speak as he was taken out of the wreckage of the car.

Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police, said officers were dealing with the incident at Elvington airfield, southeast of York, where the filming was taking place.

He said: "At 5.45pm this evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.

"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."

A spokeswoman for the BBC, which produces Top Gear, said: "The incident happened quite recently and the focus of our attention is on Richard at this stage."

Mr Hammond, who lives near Cheltenham with his wife Amanda and their two daughters, has also presented Sky's Brainiac and shows including Time Commanders and Petrolheads.

Now, if that's correct, this is the car he was in:

jetkart2.jpg

The yellow one, that is. I don't think I'd fancy flipping that over doing 30, never mind anything between 120 and 280. Note the lack of a roof. Incidentally the car is the current holder of the British land speed record (300 mph roughly) and is capable of a theoretical top speed of 370mph.

Hope he's going to be OK, as was said above he's a good presenter, seems like a sound bloke and has a young family.

Also, note the red one on the right - it's a jet propelled kart. I'm assuming the one on the left is a jet propelled Winnebago and they're all parked in front of some jet propelled shipping containers. And a jet propelled tent.

Really surprised they let Hammond loose in what is essentially a jet-powered dragster.

I'm surprised they allowed him to do it, but I'm not remotely surprised that he did it, having been allowed. He's a fucking star is Richard Hammond, regularly has me in stiches watching Top Gear. Thing is, he seems like such a nice, unassuming bloke when you see him in the studio, but he's a complete mentalist behind the wheel.

I'm thinking here of him ramming his 4x4 into an ice boulder whilst racing against a jet-propelled canoe, the bobsleigh vs car race (at Lillehammer iirc, when he went down in the bobsleigh, although I think James May probably got the worst of that one in the car), in the passenger seat with that dingbat who drove across a lake (not a frozen lake mind, just a lake) in an massively powerful truck, getting strapped into a car and dumped in a water tank to see how easy it is to get out of a sinking car (and having to be pulled out by the divers), the list goes on.

Apparently he's stable in hospital today. Good luck to him and his family.

Looking more positive than it did last night but he has serious head injury apparently so far from clear what the future holds - at least he seemed able to speak when put in ambulance apparently.

We like Richard Hammond in our house. The Mrs thinks he's tasty - even though he's v small ("stand him on his wallet") and I just think he's a good bloke - does some interesting and amusing stuff. Watched his series "Should I be worried about . . " and he did MMR at a time when we were thinking about it for our son. He was grappling with the decision for his kids - absolutely stunning wife and angelic kids. Seems like a really nice bloke. Here's hoping he makes a good recovery.

Looking more positive than it did last night but he has serious head injury apparently so far from clear what the future holds - at least he seemed able to speak when put in ambulance apparently.

We like Richard Hammond in our house. The Mrs thinks he's tasty - even though he's v small ("stand him on his wallet") and I just think he's a good bloke - does some interesting and amusing stuff. Watched his series "Should I be worried about . . " and he did MMR at a time when we were thinking about it for our son. He was grappling with the decision for his kids - absolutely stunning wife and angelic kids. Seems like a really nice bloke. Here's hoping he makes a good recovery.

Hear hear. Get well Richard Hammoond.

Just seen The News at Half Ten or whatever they call it now, on ITV. Fucking shamelessly just trying to attack the BBC about Top Gear rather than showing any real concern for his injuries. Cunts. :wallbutt: They interviewed Mike Smith trying to get him to say the BBC was irresponsible, but he was onto the dick of an interviewer straight away and basically stonewalled the cunt.

what goes around comes around. There's a mighty difference between being a quick driver and a fast driver. if you can get in it, anyone can drive an F1 car, but very few can race one . Unfortunately all these so-called celeb's believe there own hype, and this guy has learnt the hard way..................