You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drogba's goal.

Wig

I've been in the boozer all day and there's been heated debates about Drogba's goal. I fuckin HATE Drogba and his 'lets get behind the team' antics were doing my fuckin head in. But in the pub a few reds were slagging 'that' goal off saying things like "He shouldn't of been aloud to turn!" etc, etc, I for one thought (and i stress i hate Drogbar and Chelsea) that was a cracker!! I know it's lowering the tone, but I wanted to settle that we didn't lose by a shit goal. That is all.

I've been in the boozer all day and there's been heated debates about Drogba's goal. I fuckin HATE Drogba and his 'lets get behind the team' antics were doing my fuckin head in. But in the pub a few reds were slagging 'that' goal off saying things like "He shouldn't of been aloud to turn!" etc, etc, I for one thought (and i stress i hate Drogbar and Chelsea) that was a cracker!! I know it's lowering the tone, but I wanted to settle that we didn't lose by a shit goal. That is all.

Goal of the month for sure contender for the season too, I thought we match the chavs allover the pitch and it took such a piece of individual excellents rather than a 'rick o'shea', to win the game. Our luck will turn and no it aint over for use just yet.

I Cannot stand the guy. But you have to say that was a tremendous strikers performance. Great goal and gave our two center halves a real physical battle.

Agger had him in his back pocket. He took him out to look for change for the coffee machine and Carra let him score. He had Warnock by the balls though.

Guest Spionkop69

A great goal from a twat of a player. Never liked him, never will but that goal was class and like someone else says, I'd rather lose to a piece of quality footie than a deflected mishit from a fat cunt.

Pity because apart from the goal we pretty much matched them all over the park. We brought about our own downfall because of our inability to finish. Gerrard and Kuyt will score those 9 time out of 10, a shame that today was the one out of ten for both of them.

Can't fault the goal at all, although it pains me to admit it. Carra did everything right - kept goal-side of his man and was all over him like a cheap suit when he received the ball. Drogba made the space to turn and shoot by knocking the ball half a yard in front of him, Carra being correctly goalside couldn't do anything about it and the finish, which was absolutely top-dawer, beat Pepe all ends up with sheer pace.

I honestly didn't think we were anything like as bad as a lot of people on here have said today. We didn't make much, but they did absolutely fuck all going forward for much of the match and in case anyone had forgotten, we were playing the two-time champions away. I know these are the games that we need to win if we're going to lift the title, but we've signed a lot of players and need to allow time for them to bed in. A great example is Bellamy and Kuyt - in a couple of months when they have each developed an understanding of the runs the other makes and when the midfield know which ball to hit them with, they'll be a great partnership. Pennant wasn't shite today either - he got forward and made their left side think about what he was doing rather than dictating the play.

Gerrard got himself into good positions despite an odd choice of role - he should have played Bellamy in, but fuck me - that's one ball in the match. If he doesn't win a match single-handedly these days, he's been shite and to be honest I think that's a fucking shame given how many times he's pulled our arses out of the fire. Kuyt beat Cech all ends up and would have had a peach of a goal were it not for three inches of woodwork, the one in the second half fell to him at an awkward height with no time for him to anything other than hit it, the list goes on.

I tell you what - Mourinho might be happy with the result today, but I'd be amazed if he's happy with the performance for a home game. Once again, they looked so fucking ordinary. Abramovich must look at what his money has bought and think "Fuck me, is this it?".

Seriously, were it not for one moment of magic, by Drogba of all people, today would have been a goalless draw at home for the quarter of a billion pound boys. Other days they won't have the luck that they enjoyed today and will drop one or three points if they play like that. I honestly don't see them running away with the title again this season unless they go out of the CL in the group stages. Also, an early exit for Chelsea from the domestic cups would be a big problem for squad morale by reducing the games available to play the fringe players and may happen if they focus on the CL.

The only thing that puzzled me was SG on the left, but Riise and Kewell are injured and Aurelio hasn't exactly covered himself in glory so far, so I can understand why he did it.

We've had a couple of shitty weekends - let's not lose perspective.

Can't fault the goal at all, although it pains me to admit it. Carra did everything right - kept goal-side of his man and was all over him like a cheap suit when he received the ball. Drogba made the space to turn and shoot by knocking the ball half a yard in front of him, Carra being correctly goalside couldn't do anything about it and the finish, which was absolutely top-dawer, beat Pepe all ends up with sheer pace.

I honestly didn't think we were anything like as bad as a lot of people on here have said today. We didn't make much, but they did absolutely fuck all going forward for much of the match and in case anyone had forgotten, we were playing the two-time champions away. I know these are the games that we need to win if we're going to lift the title, but we've signed a lot of players and need to allow time for them to bed in. A great example is Bellamy and Kuyt - in a couple of months when they have each developed an understanding of the runs the other makes and when the midfield know which ball to hit them with, they'll be a great partnership. Pennant wasn't shite today either - he got forward and made their left side think about what he was doing rather than dictating the play.

Gerrard got himself into good positions despite an odd choice of role - he should have played Bellamy in, but fuck me - that's one ball in the match. If he doesn't win a match single-handedly these days, he's been shite and to be honest I think that's a fucking shame given how many times he's pulled our arses out of the fire. Kuyt beat Cech all ends up and would have had a peach of a goal were it not for three inches of woodwork, the one in the second half fell to him at an awkward height with no time for him to anything other than hit it, the list goes on.

I tell you what - Mourinho might be happy with the result today, but I'd be amazed if he's happy with the performance for a home game. Once again, they looked so fucking ordinary. Abramovich must look at what his money has bought and think "Fuck me, is this it?".

Seriously, were it not for one moment of magic, by Drogba of all people, today would have been a goalless draw at home for the quarter of a billion pound boys. Other days they won't have the luck that they enjoyed today and will drop one or three points if they play like that. I honestly don't see them running away with the title again this season unless they go out of the CL in the group stages. Also, an early exit for Chelsea from the domestic cups would be a big problem for squad morale by reducing the games available to play the fringe players and may happen if they focus on the CL.

The only thing that puzzled me was SG on the left, but Riise and Kewell are injured and Aurelio hasn't exactly covered himself in glory so far, so I can understand why he did it.

We've had a couple of shitty weekends - let's not lose perspective.

Wise words mate. Don't expect the hysterical girly fucktards to take note though.

Thank god, a voice of reason. We didn't deserve that today. Disgraceful performance my arse, no-one in europe can go there and totally dominate them, they are very difficult to beat. We did all we could and were unlucky. We should've had a pen as well, ive never seen rafa so frustrated. We are not out of the title race but we really could do with 2 nice home wins in the up and coming games.

Thank god, a voice of reason. We didn't deserve that today. Disgraceful performance my arse, no-one in europe can go there and totally dominate them, they are very difficult to beat. We did all we could and were unlucky. We should've had a pen as well, ive never seen rafa so frustrated. We are not out of the title race but we really could do with 2 nice home wins in the up and coming games.

Struck me as well, that. You don't see Rafa screaming at the fourth official very often. Still, that's Riley for you, inconsistent as hell. I was astonished when he sent Ballack off, not because it wasn't a red card but because he'd actually sent off an opposition player against us. Ditto not sending Momo off in the first half - saw him walking over and thought "here we go".

Despite his unusual benevolence though, there was no way we were going to get a pen off him. I think Terry would have to shoot Gerrard in the face whilst jostling for a corner before that happened.

Guest glen buck

Despite his unusual benevolence though, there was no way we were going to get a pen off him. I think Terry would have to shoot Gerrard in the face whilst jostling for a corner before that happened.

I doubt it.

Though he might just give us an indirect free kick.

:wallbutt:

Wise words mate. Don't expect the hysterical girly fucktards to take note though.

Don't worry mate, I don't - I just don't give much of a toss what they think anyway. I just wish a few more people would recognise that there's a vast country between superb and appalling and we currently inhabit it. I see Rafa's plan as being long term and about incremental improvments. I know it's a cliche, but sometimes you do need to go backwards to go forwards.

We were able to strengthen many areas of the squad this summer. If we'd signed fewer players, they may have adapted to a pretty settled side quicker, but we probably wouldn't have strengthened enough to have a realisitic chance of competing on the domestic or European fronts. When we do sign the players though (and we signed the same players that loads of posters on here have been banging on about wanting all summer with the exception of Alves, who is a red herring the size of Moby Dick in my opinion and would have made cock-all difference today) people complain because they don't all turn up and immediately start playing like fucking Eusebio.

I'd love to be able to say it makes me laugh, but four games into the season it disappoints far, far more than the team have done.

Don't worry mate, I don't - I just don't give much of a toss what they think anyway. I just wish a few more people would recognise that there's a vast country between superb and appalling and we currently inhabit it. I see Rafa's plan as being long term and about incremental improvments. I know it's a cliche, but sometimes you do need to go backwards to go forwards.

We were able to strengthen many areas of the squad this summer. If we'd signed fewer players, they may have adapted to a pretty settled side quicker, but we probably wouldn't have strengthened enough to have a realisitic chance of competing on the domestic or European fronts. When we do sign the players though (and we signed the same players that loads of posters on here have been banging on about wanting all summer with the exception of Alves, who is a red herring the size of Moby Dick in my opinion and would have made cock-all difference today) people complain because they don't all turn up and immediately start playing like fucking Eusebio.

I'd love to be able to say it makes me laugh, but four games into the season it disappoints far, far more than the team have done.

I went fishing this afternoon to take my off things, it worked till i looked in on this place.

In my 2 years as a poster on this forum this afternoon was an absolute disgrace, the worst day bar none!