You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guillem Balague

Rashid

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur that Rashid is non other than a lady. It all fits, fine for a while then all of a sudden random bouts of irrational behaviour. This would seem to tie in with the existance a menstrual cycle. hmmmmmm :tease:

Have I missed something? Can anyone please explain the reason for this thread?

Pure attention seking as usual mate. 90% of journos out there get speculation wrong but Ballague is popular with Liverpool fans (especially on here after the fanzine interview) so he's more likely to get a response by picking on him than, say, David Maddock for example.

Pure attention seking as usual mate. 90% of journos out there get speculation wrong but Ballague is popular with Liverpool fans (especially on here after the fanzine interview) so he's more likely to get a response by picking on him than, say, David Maddock for example.

That was my point though. I asked if I'd missed something as ALL journalists get stuff wrong and I couldn't understand the reasoning behind the thread.

I like him personally. He's a cut above most of the sports journalists in this country regardless of the accuracy of his sources.

Is right, he seems like a top bloke, the inns and outs of spanish football change faster than the president, transfer targets, and manager of Real Madrid.

Balague wasn't alone in thinking we would get Alves. It looked like it was going to happen all summer and we'll be back in for him next year.

Even if he has got them wrong at least he stuck his head above the parapet and shared the information he had with the likes of us.

If everyone who speculated incorrectly was castigated there'd be no-one left on this site!

And anyway, he's one of the few people in the media who has actually been a paying Liverpool fan so I think if there is criticism about we should be aiming it at someone other than him.

Balague wasn't alone in thinking we would get Alves. It looked like it was going to happen all summer and we'll be back in for him next year.

Even if he has got them wrong at least he stuck his head above the parapet and shared the information he had with the likes of us.

If everyone who speculated incorrectly was castigated there'd be no-one left on this site!

And anyway, he's one of the few people in the media who has actually been a paying Liverpool fan so I think if there is criticism about we should be aiming it at someone other than him.

The Count concurs.

Why is this even on page 2? Read these important facts please:

Guillem Ballague NEVER said any of the following:

ALVES WILL SIGN FOR LIVERPOOL

TORRES DEAL TO UNITED IS 100% DONE

HENRY HAS SIGNED FOR BARCELONA

VIEIRA HAS SIGNED FOR MADRID

He merely gave reports like any journo would absed on information he was given. He never confirmed that deals we're done as he is being accused of by Rash, he merely said he either expected them to come off or said that sources told him the deals we're close. Whats wrong with that (at least 2 of them WERE extremely close)? If journo's didn't put out their opinions/information they've recieved before deals we're complete and only published cold hard facts confirmed officially by clubs and agents they'd have nothing to write and people like Rash would be going ape shit at getting no news.

Look at Prentice when he reports on Liverpool - he just quotes the offal which pisses people off. He'll never get anythig wrong by doing that but it's the work of one shit journo that anyone here could do.

Bascombe has ran exclusives stating in his opinion, based on what he knows (like Guillem ;)) that we'd imminently sign Simao and Alves and that Stevie was joining Chelsea. He's an excellent journo but situations change which is why said exclusives never came off. That doesn't mean he's just making shit up, he was just reporting what he had eben told and the same goes for Ballague.

Fucking hell.

Even Carragher said it didn't matter who he thought we should sign for the right hand side because it looked like we were going to sign Alves.

He must be full of shit too then.

By the way, can anyone remember who Carra said he'd like to see signed for the right in that interview? My memory's failing me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure it was someone who plays in the premiership.

Wasn't Pennant though was it?

Even Carragher said it didn't matter who he thought we should sign for the right hand side because it looked like we were going to sign Alves.

He must be full of shit too then.

By the way, can anyone remember who Carra said he'd like to see signed for the right in that interview? My memory's failing me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure it was someone who plays in the premiership.

Wasn't Pennant though was it?

Wright Phillips if not Alves. Kuyt and Bent.

Guillem Balague Now i dont know if he knows fuck all or not, but id put me morgage on the fact, he knows more about what is going on transfer wise, then anyone else on here.

The fact you are asking him to predict the future weeks ahead of it happning is what i find so funny.

At the time he said any of the thinks listed it may have been the intention but with so many fingers in so many pies seeing a transfer through to the end is a lot harder than anyone of us can imagin

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Yeah, take note Dave, don't ever speak to the Spanish bloke again, he's full of shit, I think instead you should get the exclusive that we all REALLY want....

RASH TALKS THE TLW

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I like Balague. He's not going to be right 100% of the time and anyone who expects him too be, is pretty naive. It's not like he slags our club off, so I don't understand the reason for putting this thread up.

And he's spent more of his life in Liverpool than a few on here

And he's spent more of his life in Liverpool than a few on here

That's neither here not there.

People(I mean Kopite) want to start a thread on Paul McCarthy and his artticle on Momo being the worst player in a red shirt, that I can understand. The guy is saying something ill-informed and wrong about one of our better players. Balague seems a decent guy, who has nothing but good things to say about the club, fans and city. It's an unnecessary attack from Rashid.

People(I mean Kopite) want to start a thread on Paul McCartney and his artticle on Momo being the worst player in a red shirt, that I can understand. The guy is saying something ill-informed and wrong about one of our better players. Balague seems a decent guy, who has nothing but good things to say about the club, fans and city. It's an unnecessary attack from Rashid.

Bastard. He's been rubbish from Wings onwards too.

People(I mean Kopite) want to start a thread on Paul McCarthy and his artticle on Momo being the worst player in a red shirt, that I can understand. The guy is saying something ill-informed and wrong about one of our better players. Balague seems a decent guy, who has nothing but good things to say about the club, fans and city. It's an unnecessary attack from Rashid.

That's the point I was making.

He also refers to Liverpool as US.