You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso....£10.5 million!!!!

Carradona

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alonso's initial price was circa £10.5m (not £6.5m) and has since increased to nearer £13.5m. Supposedly.

No, it was as I said it was. Don't believe what is written in the papers because they tend to not know what they are talking about.

Giles, Dunphy, Brady, Toshack, Houghton, and Lawrenson are the regulars on Irish TV. The worst of them aren't bad...

Apart from Hansen (who I frankly find smug and boring anyway), what does British TV have to offer? Gray, Lawrenson (again), Le Saux, Redkndnapp, Townsend, WRIGHT! It's a shocking indictment. The last decent one I can remember was O'Neill, but that was short-lived.

Mind you, Frank Stapleton is entirely the responsibility of Irish TV. We all make mistakes...

The cricket commentators in this country generally put the football pundits to shame. They inform, criticise top players when they are poor no matter what their reputation and generally add to the enjoyment of the spectator pointing out the many details that would be missed by the casual observer who has never played the game. Geoffrey Boycott, Michael Atherton and especially Simon Hughes add to the television coverage. Who can honestly say that there is any football pundit out there in a similar league to these genuine experts? The Radio Five lads do an excellent job but seem to be seen as far too honest to be allowed onto TV.

I've always believed that Alonso is stifled under Gerrards presence, and dare I say ego, when they're both playing together. In my opinion Alonso makes the team play more cohesively because of his passing tempo and how vocal he is when instructing where he wants players.

That's just not true. Take our last performance in europe for eg. Alonso was out of this world.

Also i think his best display ever was v tottenham with Gerrard beside him

Telling me:

Player ratings: Liverpool: Reina 7, Finnan 7, Hyypia 7, Carragher 8, Riise 6, Gerrard 4, Alonso 6, Sissoko 7, Luis Garcia 7, Kewell 8 (Warnock 87min, 6), Crouch 7 (Morientes 90min, 6)

Everton: Wright 7, Hibbert 6, Weir 6, Stubbs 5, Naysmith 6, Osman 7, Neville 7, Cahill 7, Kilbane 6 (Van der Meyde 68min, 4), McFadden 5 (Ferguson 67min, 6), Beattie 6

I know you should react to ratings, but that is just plain fucking ludicrous. neville getting 7 and Alonso getting 6 is unbelievable.

Guest Momo Sissoko

Deputy sports editor of The Times is a bitter Bluenose (scouser). He was on Talkshite this afternoon slagging us, Gerrard and Crouch off.

I like the lack of praise we get from the media. To me it shows that we're doing well and that they don't like it. We are not a media darling and are a big big threat to Man Utd and Chelsea who are. The balance of power is shifting and whether or not they like it, we are becoming the best team in this country.

Giles, Dunphy, Brady, Toshack, Houghton, and Lawrenson are the regulars on Irish TV. The worst of them aren't bad...

Apart from Hansen (who I frankly find smug and boring anyway), what does British TV have to offer? Gray, Lawrenson (again), Le Saux, Redkndnapp, Townsend, WRIGHT! It's a shocking indictment. The last decent one I can remember was O'Neill, but that was short-lived.

Mind you, Frank Stapleton is entirely the responsibility of Irish TV. We all make mistakes...

Strachan was good

I know you should react to ratings, but that is just plain fucking ludicrous. neville getting 7 and Alonso getting 6 is unbelievable.

I know this is old news, but how did Alonso get the same rating as Ferguson?

Guest Momo Sissoko
if you're talking about tony evans, he's a red.

Didn't sound like it. He non stop slagged us off from our signings to Rafa's outburst against Spurs, of which he was on the side of Spurs.

He almost went as far as hinting that Dean Ashton should be in the England squad ahead of Crouch. Fair enough, some fans won't take to the big man, but don't fucking slag him off live on that shitty scouse/Liverpool hating radio station.

Didn't sound like it. He non stop slagged us off from our signings to Rafa's outburst against Spurs, of which he was on the side of Spurs.

He almost went as far as hinting that Dean Ashton should be in the England squad ahead of Crouch. Fair enough, some fans won't take to the big man, but don't fucking slag him off live on that shitty scouse/Liverpool hating radio station.

if you didn't already know it here's something you should know. the prick who runs (edits/owns) that station is the former editor of the s** who gave the go ahead for the headlines and stories after hillsborough. i never listen to the shite and i have never phoned the cunts. no self respecting red should phone it anyway, imo.

if you didn't already know it here's something you should know. the prick who runs (edits/owns) that station is the former editor of the s** who gave the go ahead for the headlines and stories after hillsborough. i never listen to the shite and i have never phoned the cunts. no self respecting red should phone it anyway, imo.

used to be. no self respecting should be on it full stop. dogshit radio for the stupid.