You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso....£10.5 million!!!!

Carradona

This is one of our best buys in the last 10 years along with hyypia and hamann. :yes: When Stevie G was sent off yesterday, xabi knew exactly what to do and controlled the game. He was everywhere and was strong in the tackles!!He is worth over £25 million now definately!Well done rafa for this bargain and xabi turned down the mancs to come to us!! :tease:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kid you not mate. I believe it was the Times.

dumb fucks...just watched the highlights again...the corner that cahill scored from...what happened when the corner was given because i can hear cheers from the crowd and i see reina punch the ball up but it doesn't say what happened next!??? naybody at the match can tell me?? :dunno:

Anyone got any theories as to why he seems to up his game so much when Gerrard isn't there? He's truly a world class player, but I can't understand why we never see the best out of both of them in the same game. Weird shit.

Guest Momo Sissoko

I think there's been plenty of games where they've both put in great performances, but Stevie's just been on another level this season that sometimes we forget just how good Xabi is.

Anyone got any theories as to why he seems to up his game so much when Gerrard isn't there? He's truly a world class player, but I can't understand why we never see the best out of both of them in the same game. Weird shit.

I have kind of noticed this too...but whenever gerrard is on, xabi usually sits back and tidys up the pieces and spreads the play...but wheever gerrard is off, alonso realises he has more to do and is very much capable of the job! This is just what i think... :dunno:

I've always believed that Alonso is stifled under Gerrards presence, and dare I say ego, when they're both playing together. In my opinion Alonso makes the team play more cohesively because of his passing tempo and how vocal he is when instructing where he wants players.

Guest Momo Sissoko
I have kind of noticed this too...but whenever gerrard is on, xabi usually sits back and tidys up the pieces and spreads the play...but wheever gerrard is off, alonso realises he has more to do and is very much capable of the job! This is just what i think... :dunno:

Think you've nailed it. Which is the way it should be really. Gerrard is the main man to drive forward and naturally gets all the plaudits.

Two playmakers (although different styles), one has to take a back seat and as Gerrard is the bigger personality it tends to be Alonso.

Think you've nailed it. Which is the way it should be really. Gerrard is the main man to drive forward and naturally gets all the plaudits.

Gerrard is our captain and most influential player...but I aint sure it should be like this all the time!! Just look at what xabi did yesterday! At least we know that if gerrard gets injured then we know xabi can do the job for us!! Tell u what though momo was quiet yesterday and it must be a miracle that he didnt get a yellow card!!!

Gerrard is our captain and most influential player...but I aint sure it should be like this all the time!! Just look at what xabi did yesterday! At least we know that if gerrard gets injured then we know xabi can do the job for us!! Tell u what though momo was quiet yesterday and it must be a miracle that he didnt get a yellow card!!!

Thought Momo was brilliant too although like you I was surprised he never managed a yellow!

MOTD was shit didn't give any praise despite us winning with ten men for most of the game. To be honest Hansen is one of those who unwittingly perpetuates the one man team stuff as when we win well he tends to rave about Gerrard (who often deserves it) but hardly mentions anybody else.

dumb fucks...just watched the highlights again...the corner that cahill scored from...what happened when the corner was given because i can hear cheers from the crowd and i see reina punch the ball up but it doesn't say what happened next!??? naybody at the match can tell me?? :dunno:

Reina punched the ball 60 feet in the air after it had gone behind. The ball dropped behind Alonso and without even looking he back heel flicked it in mid-air right to the corner flag to the Everton player. Brilliant bit of skill, thats why everyone cheered. Absolute quality player

Reina punched the ball 60 feet in the air after it had gone behind. The ball dropped behind Alonso and without even looking he back heel flicked it in mid-air right to the corner flag to the Everton player. Brilliant bit of skill, thats why everyone cheered. Absolute quality player

thnx mate!!! pure class and quality!...no bloody cameras showed this!! :no