You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle

aws

Fowler and Crouch up front.

Cisse on the right.Alonso and Gerrard in the centre.

0-1 (Crouch).

Give me Gerrard down the right and hamman and Xabi in the middle with Garcia down the left (his best position and Kewell is drifting back into wank teritory)

0-2 Fowler with both - the floodgates have opened

Guest Momo Sissoko

------------Reina

Finnan---Carra--Sami---Warnock

Cisse--Gerrard---Xabi---Kewell

-----------Garcia

----------Fowler

Give me Gerrard down the right and hamman and Xabi in the middle with Garcia down the left (his best position and Kewell is drifting back into wank teritory)

0-2 Fowler with both - the floodgates have opened

I'd go with that midfield.

Fowler must play, probably with Crouch.

I'd go with that midfield.

Fowler must play, probably with Crouch.

I'd like to see Garcia given a shout there as his natural inclination is to drift inside anyway, might as well let him come in on his best foot. Remember when we signed him and Rafa said he's scored 16 goals for him earlier in his career coming in from the left. Would be slightly worried about Warnock's exposure though.

I'd like to see Garcia given a shout there as his natural inclination is to drift inside anyway, might as well let him come in on his best foot. Remember when we signed him and Rafa said he's scored 16 goals for him earlier in his career coming in from the left. Would be slightly worried about Warnock's exposure though.

If you're playing Hamann and Alonso in the middle, they both sit and cover well, so should be ok with Garcia and Gerrard roaming about.

I'd play Garcia and Fowler up front too.

I'd play crouch in there, but I reckon Garcia is the 2nd most natural finsiher at the club, his goal (and countless others) against Arsenal confirmed it IMO, didn't play well but was there when it mattered - makes some Folwer-esque runs, just needs to be loved again, the lad gets way too much shit.

Guest tactics truck
I'd play crouch in there, but I reckon Garcia is the 2nd most natural finsiher at the club, his goal (and countless others) against Arsenal confirmed it IMO, didn't play well but was there when it mattered - makes some Folwer-esque runs, just needs to be loved again, the lad gets way too much shit.

I don't understand it either-he's a top drawer player.

Guest tactics truck
He doesn't seem to produce as much away from home. Crouch and Fowler for me.

He doesn't seem to pro... no still don't understand.

Reina

Finnan Hyypia Carra Traore

Gerrard Hamman Alonso Garcia

Crouch and Fowler

Crouch and fowler with Garcia and Gerrard attacking dumb and dumber has to be seen with Alonso and Hamman just sitting infront on the back 4.

You took the words right off my keyboard. That's the team for me too.

"We'll get snotted"

I think we will lose. I have this feeling that our season is about to implode. It's based on no other reasoning than the teams around us are winning and we have been struggling. If we lose today, we will still be six points ahead of Spurs but they'll have a game in hand. We have a shed load of aways coming up. I hope I am wrong, as unlike some posters, I'll take no satisfaction in this whatsoever. Come on lads, prove me wrong.

I think we will lose. I have this feeling that our season is about to implode. It's based on no other reasoning than the teams around us are winning and we have been struggling. If we lose today, we will still be six points ahead of Spurs but they'll have a game in hand. We have a shed load of aways coming up. I hope I am wrong, as unlike some posters, I'll take no satisfaction in this whatsoever. Come on lads, prove me wrong.

I think their midfield is weak and their strikers are not up to much and they have a shit defence. Whether we win or lose depends on Rafa's 'mentality'. If he goes there and attacks them, we will win.

I don't particularly like Hamman with Alonso as they are both slow to turn but with no Sissoko we may have to go with that.

I echo those sentiments. I also think we could se a surprising side, considering our cup game is so close. I think both Carra and Finnan could do with a rest, but we really could do with a win today. So, what to do?