You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Explain your username thread

Remmie

I explained mine to someone who asked on another thread a while ago but for the record..

My kid brother used to struggle to the point of tears of frustration with the pronunciation of Emlyn Hughes. He used to say Elmyn Noos, which is like dead funny when you're 12 years old. Being a big Hughes fan, and equally a fan of making children cry, I chose the username. It's also good for tabloid style thread headers like Noos Flash, Noos at Ten, Here's Fiona Bruce with the Noos, etc.

I explained mine to someone who asked on another thread a while ago but for the record...

What is this record? Anyway consider it updated.

My name was my favourite insult at the time, as in those bunch of Remmies behind the till at mcDonalds who wank in the special sauce, think it originated a shortening of the word Remedial

Red - in case there were any other RobMols

Rob - its my name

Mol - Short for Molyneux, my surname, originating from the once powerful Molyneux family, close friends of William the Conqueror when he moved over here, given the land of Sefton to rule over, and have been ruling various parts of the country that we have moved to since, including Brum and now Leeds.

Good thread!

My username comes from a childhood thought of creating my own company which was going to called "ARK Enterprises Ltd" - the ARK being my initials and the enterprises, well I thought it sounded good!

Then I droppped the Ltd cos it was just stupid, and then one fateful day in 1999 I registered on ebay as arkenterprises and then subsequently lost all my details and when I finally came back I was forced to create a new username by dropping the "s".

Hence arkenterprise was born and has stuck ever since, its unique so that suits me fine.

My name is Knut Ørjan Pedersen (or Knut Thingy Thingy as Stu like to call me). As you english don't have the letter "Ø" I often find trouble in the PC world using it, so I have to use "O" instead, as it looks very similar to "Ø" but without the line through it. So my nic is from my name, KOP.

The correct approach should maybe've been KOEP though, as the "Ø" is really a mix between "O" and "E".

• Upvote 1

My name is Knut Ørjan Pedersen (or Knut Thingy Thingy as Stu like to call me). As you english don't have the letter "Ø" I often find trouble in the PC world using it, so I have to use "O" instead, as it looks very similar to "Ø" but without the line through it. So my nic is from my name, KOP.

The correct approach should maybe've been KOEP though, as the "Ø" is really a mix between "O" and "E".

Thats pretty handy being a liverpool fan then!

Sorry Tini!

pah!

This "nickname" was only caused because when I wrote my name on a piece of card when on a training course I put an explanation mark after it - Martin!

then some stupid woman trainer said "does that say Martini?" then eventually got shortened to tini. and has now become pretty much obsolete. so lets hear no more about this.

pah!

This "nickname" was only caused because when I wrote my name on a piece of card when on a training course I put an explanation mark after it - Martin!

then some stupid woman trainer said "does that say Martini?" then eventually got shortened to tini. and has now become pretty much obsolete. so lets hear no more about this.

Don't believe that "story" :whistle:

I used to be called Daytripper because when I first started reading here everyone always went on about how they were evil in every way imgainable. So I thought it'd be a good way of proving them right. It was later shortened.

My real name is Peter, so there.

• Upvote 1