You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Picking a team like at school

Remmie

If the Liverpool 1st XI was a class at school and they had captains, who would they pick in what order (not including keepers) i.e.

Team A

Gerrard, Finnan, Morientes, Sami & Sissoko

Vs

Team B

Carragher, Alonso, Riise, Cisse & Garcia

The idea is who are our best players and what order are they in?

Top 3 is easy

Carra

Gerrard

Xabi

but who after that?

If the Liverpool 1st XI was a class at school and they had captains, who would they pick in what order (not including keepers) i.e.

Team A

Vs

Team B

Top 3 is easy

Carra

Gerrard

Xabi

but who after that?

I'd go for Carra,Gerrard and Xabi straight off.Cisse would be a definite too.He'd be a right legend in a schoolyard.Maybe Stevie F because Xabi and Gerrard would get forward enough to support Djibbers.

Team A

Vs

Team B

Top 3 is easy

Carra

Gerrard

Xabi

but who after that?

intersting question Remmie, and i dont know the answer, but to flip it over, who would be the poor runt who cant play who'd be picked last do you reckon ? (You know there was always one or two who'd be left over noone wanted) Kewell cos noone likes him ? or would he be picked 'cos he can play' to leave ..... as the last one. Who would that be ? I suppose f it was for spazzyness, which i=t often is at School it would be and finally, i'll HAVE to have Peter then...

I reckon 2 random forumites, I don't know say Rashid and Hermes(!) are captains and get to pick a five-a-side team and then do a poll on who's team is better. Whoever picks 2nd gets to pick 2 i.e. if rash gets first pick and goes for, I don't know - Gerrard then Hermes gets 2 picks, then back to 1 each. At leasty that's how I used to pick teams to make them fair

• 1 year later...
I reckon 2 random forumites, I don't know say Rashid and Hermes(!) are captains and get to pick a five-a-side team and then do a poll on who's team is better. Whoever picks 2nd gets to pick 2 i.e. if rash gets first pick and goes for, I don't know - Gerrard then Hermes gets 2 picks, then back to 1 each. At leasty that's how I used to pick teams to make them fair

What? Mentalism.

You go like this: 1 pick, 2 picks, 2 picks, 2 picks, 2 picks.....etc

It's the only way man.