You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robert's outbursts

Remmie

Funny as fuck and cost him £180k so far

Tell you what, i'd be fuming if it was us though. Newcastle are an absolute shambles of a club, they're almost as bas as Chelsea when it comes to lack of class and tradition.

Souness is such a prick, he seems to fall out with so many players. Blackburn are apparantly looking to re-sign Andy Cole who only left because pf Souness. He also had run-ins with Yorke and Todd if I remember correctly. So far at Newcastle he's fallen out with Robert, Kluivert, Bowyer, Dyer, Bellamy etc.

The perfect man for them he is!

Souness is a scandale of a manager. He should take a look at him self and ask himself if it's maybe, just a little bit, him it's something wrong with. He is followed by a streak of piss (no I don't mean Crouch) wherever he goes. A HJC-tenner he won't last the season.

Henning Berg said that Souness is the worst manager he's ever worked with and that he can't believe someone would hire him.

I've got a couple of mates who are Blackburn fans. They said that when Hughes took over the team didn't kick a ball for three weeks they were so unfit. The only training Souness seemed bothered about doing was a few 5-a-sides (presumably so that he could join in and nail the player who'd pissed him off the most that week).

Newcastle are a disgrace though, and have been heading that way for a few years. When you have a vile, immoral chairman who likes to speak publicly about morals and ethics it's really no surprise to see what's going on there. I'd put money on them being relegated within five years, and then I'd like to see how many of their 'greatest fans in the world' carry on frequenting their massive stadium with their even bigger man tits. (Clue: probably the same paltry number who turned up each week before Keegan's time in charge.)

I've got a couple of mates who are Blackburn fans. They said that when Hughes took over the team didn't kick a ball for three weeks they were so unfit. The only training Souness seemed bothered about doing was a few 5-a-sides (presumably so that he could join in and nail the player who'd pissed him off the most that week).

Newcastle are a disgrace though, and have been heading that way for a few years. When you have a vile, immoral chairman who likes to speak publicly about morals and ethics it's really no surprise to see what's going on there. I'd put money on them being relegated within five years, and then I'd like to see how many of their 'greatest fans in the world' carry on frequenting their massive stadium with their even bigger man tits. (Clue: probably the same paltry number who turned up each week before Keegan's time in charge.)

Spot on!! And where the fuck did "Toon Army" come from?!

Hoddy

I've got a couple of mates who are Blackburn fans.

:no

I also have one who's a Leeds fan, a few who are Geordies (complete with bare-chested man-waps) and a Rochdale-supporting mate.

But alas, that's where my circle ends. I know neither Spaniards nor Canadians (except Greg and Lennox, but they don't count).

I don't know what problem you have all got with the Geordies. I have been to St James' Park a good few times and went in some of the home fans boozers. Never a hint of trouble on any of the occassions. I think they are sound personally.

I actually feel for them at the moment. And before we start throwing stones at other fans, remember when Anfield stopped being a guranteed full house during the final days of Houllier? We all know what it feels like to be disillusioned.

I also have one who's a Leeds fan, a few who are Geordies (complete with bare-chested man-waps) and a Rochdale-supporting mate.

But alas, that's where my circle ends. I know neither Spaniards nor Canadians (except Greg and Lennox, but they don't count).

You cut me deep, Hoddy.....

Drivin’ home this evening

I coulda sworn we had it all worked out

You had this boy believin’

Way beyond the shadow of a doubt

Then I heard it on the street

I heard you mighta found a new Spanish mate

Well who is he baby - who is he

And tell me what he means to you

I took it all for granted

But how was I to know

That you’d hanging out with Manuel

Now it cuts like a knife

But it feels so right

It cuts like a knife

But it feels so right

There’s times I’ve ’bin mistaken

There’s times I thought I’d ’bin misunderstood

So wait a minute darlin’

Can’t you see we did the best we could

This wouldn’t be the first time

Things have gone astray

Now you’ve thrown it all away

Now it cuts like a knife

But it feels so right

It cuts like a knife

But it feels so right

I don't know what problem you have all got with the Geordies. I have been to St James' Park a good few times and went in some of the home fans boozers. Never a hint of trouble on any of the occassions. I think they are sound personally.

I actually feel for them at the moment. And before we start throwing stones at other fans' date=' remember when Anfield stopped being a guranteed full house during the final days of Houllier? We all know what it feels like to be disillusioned.[/quote']

My problem with them is from personal experience. I went to uni there, and before I went thought that they'd be my second favourite team. But they hold this 'big club' mentality, without having any concrete reason whatsoever. For fuck sake they've not won anything in like 50 years, and then moan about a guy (Bobby Robson) who rescued them from almost certain relegation and took them to the Champions League. Their beloved chairman then saw it fit to sack said manager without having the courtesy to tell him beforehand. I'm not grouping all the Geordie fans in as one, for it's bald-headed taxi drivers who are the worst. My time in Newcastle (a place I love by the way, regardless of my passionate hatred of their football team) co-incided with their run near the top of the league, and you'd think that they'd enjoy this time while it lasted… but alas…

Taxi driver: Ah reet mate, where is it ya headen?

Me: City centre please.

Taxi driver: Nay bother man.

(Stony silence while me (the student) finds a common thread to talk with him (the bald big-breasted cab driver))

Me: Football team not doing too bad this year then?

Taxi driver: Ah ye knar, we're deein' alright man.

Me: What do you mean 'alright man'? Your top of the league. That's good going, especially with…

Taxi driver: What dee ya mean 'especially with?'

Me: Especially with... well, you know… players like O' Brien and Bernard.

Taxi driver: O'Brien's best winger in the league man. And Olivier Bernard's one of the best reet-backs this club's ever had.

Me: He's a left-back though Mr Taxi Driver.

Taxi driver: Hey, dinot be getting al cocky with me now, ye fucking student who thinks he knars it all. Tha Toon deserve to be top of the league with players like Sheara and Dya and… ye knar, the rest of 'em. Dinnae get in my cab and start tarking football with me ya lazy student. Yar just as bad as that Peta Reid with his monkey's heed.

(Stony silence while me (the student) tries to find another common thread to talk with him).

Me: So speaking of big-breasted ape-like species Mr Taxi Driver…

Guest AllezLesRouges

I too can speak from personal experience. I moved to Newcastle nearly 10 years ago now and have seen a dramatic change in the attitude of the geordies during this time.

I have never understood those people who have 'second teams' but the team of the Keegan era when they threw the league away came very close for me. Nobody can deny they were a fantastic team to watch and the city was buzzing. Most of the geordies I spoke to around this time were very realistic but played too much on the 'they score 3 we'll score 4' scenario.

Yeah but you still have to defend as your'e not going to score 4 goals in EVERY game I used to say. They were not prepared to change their style in any way even if it meant not winning anything.

Keegan left and things started to deterioate. He had spent all the money and the team started to break up and the fans realised that was the best chance they had of winning a major trophy for a LONG LONG time.

However, since this era they believe they should be challenging for all the major honours and largely base this on one good season ( in which they won nothing...again) and the capacity of the big car park in the sky :whatever:

Always found the rapport between Liverpool/Newcastle fans as really good natured and was at Anfield when one of their lot placed the reef in the goal for the Hillsborough anniversary which was a touching gesture. They were fantastic that day and no other set of fans has impressed me more at Anfield.

I always refer back to that day when I listen to some of them whinging about Dalglish, Robson and Souness. They seem to have lost all sense of perspective and reality. Robson was getting them back on track when for some reason they got rid of him due to the fact 'he couldn't take them any further'. They could not understand why the likes of Cappello, Wenger, O'Neill didn't fancy taking the job and ended up plumping for Souness. The fans were in uproar, he wasn't good enough for them and they weren't going to support him.Knobs.

I was at St.James NCP this season and the atmosphere at that place gets worse every year (something to do with the acoustics of the stadium apparantley :wow:). All they resorted to was 'In your Liverpool slums' 'Your'e gonna win fuck all' and 'Feed the scousers'. Again...knobs.