You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Totally Gutted

Guest Simon L

More or less the same players always did well after European games under Houllier. I think Rafa has different tactics for away games which are clearly not working as 9 defeats prove. Its time he realised that in England you have to go for the win abd be prepared to fight in every game.

The worrying thing for me is that in 8 of the 9 away defeats, we've failed to score.

That really is an astounding record. We haven't even looked like scoring in a few of them as well.

Yet the performance at Charlton (tough place to go), was superb - I don't think i've ever seen such an inconsistent Liverpool side in my lifetime.

The worrying thing for me is that in 8 of the 9 away defeats, we've failed to score.

That really is an astounding record. We haven't even looked like scoring in a few of them as well.

Yet the performance at Charlton (tough place to go), was superb - I don't think i've ever seen such an inconsistent Liverpool side in my lifetime.

Yeah and that game we scored in was O'Shea own goal at Old Trafford. We are comitting men forward, we are defensive away from home and the midfield is not aggressive enough.

Exactly. The list of excuses on here for our league form this season would fill a book.

I don't excuse us for our appalling league form but I do think there are a number of significant factors that explain it. As I fully expect most of these to be addressed before next season, I can't get too overwrought about them right now. I'm just anxious that Rafa does enough to drag us into fourth spot by the end of the season. If he does that, I won't give a toss about all the things that nearly stopped us getting there; I'll just be savouring the season's many positives (there have been some, you know) and looking forward to the many more to come.

I think its down to motivation, we have too many players in the team playing for themselves and thus cup trophies mean more than '4th place'. Also I think Rafa is too negative away from home.

I agree with Paul, too many of the players we are relying on for 4th place almost certainly know that they won't be here next season to enjoy the fruits of their labours.

Also Rash is right too many of the midfield are painfully inconsistent. I also think this is because the likes of Nunez, Biscan and even Riise (despite his goals and improved performances this year) lack top quality and as a result are inconsistent in their performance.

Riise scores goals but doesn't contribute enough elsewhere. How many crosses does he make? How many decent through balls? I just don't think his all round contribution is sufficient for a team that aspires to challenge for the PL title.

Gerrard was back to his wandering round doing fuck all version and should have buruied that chance.

Only the back four did okay in particular Warnock I thought.

Agree totally - Thought the Cancer was back in his "couldn't give twofucks" mode

Carra and Ste Warnock were very good again and Was impressed again with Carson-

I think its down to motivation, we have too many players in the team playing for themselves and thus cup trophies mean more than '4th place'. Also I think Rafa is too negative away from home.

We have to include your beloved in that as well Rashid. He was again anonymous yesterday and missed easily our best chance. If he is so world class why can't he get up for the challenge.

Some of our players really need to look at themselves and pull their finger out or there will be no CL Football next season.

Guest XabiNStevie
Agree totally - Thought the Cancer was back in his "couldn't give twofucks" mode

Carra and Ste Warnock were very good again and Was impressed again with Carson-

He's a great player but I sometimes think we'd be a lot better off without him ala Rooney at Everton

He's a great player but I sometimes think we'd be a lot better off without him ala Rooney at Everton

Exactly - no ones disputing his skill , he showed that last season , Whats affecting the Club ,and the fans , its his attitude thats the problem

I personally can't wait to see the back of him ( and that fat overpaid sicknote Mercenary as well )

Guest Raphael Benitez

Crucified by caution again, we should have gone at City from the start and murdered them but we chose tactics that are clearly not working i can understand strong defensive tactics against good teams but against the likes of newcastle, Brum, Saints and City we should be much more positive like we were against Charlton.

We got what we deserved again, we have to be more positive in our last 3 games and if we are we can still get the 4 wins required to get 4th

Crucified by caution again, we should have gone at City from the start and murdered them but we chose tactics that are clearly not working i can understand strong defensive tactics against good teams but against the likes of newcastle, Brum, Saints and City we should be much more positive like we were against Charlton.

We got what we deserved again, we have to be more positive in our last 3 games and if we are we can still get the 4 wins required to get 4th

So what are you gonna do about it then Rafa?