You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's his first game back after injury, give him a break ffs. There's been far worse on th pitch than him today.

The aimless first time blast into the box at every opportunity is his trademark, its a load of bollox 

TAA - when pace and power was all that was needed, he leant back and tried a shot with his instep. After that, multiple deep crosses without looking into areas where several of our players were offside, and some truly stupid looping balls towards their keeper. Infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

He obviously has great quality but his ego has been indulged.  He'll leave in the next couple of years and look like a different player when he does.

He will never look like the player he did at RB in Klopp 1.0

Will be good, but not that.

I’m reconciled to third place. Punched above expectations this season, we’ve just run out of steam and imagination.  Jurgen has too, hence him leaving. Boss ride we’ve had for a few years so fuck it. 

• Upvote 2

Would like to see Gakpo and Jota start as much as possible for the rest of the season. They both try and aren't thick as shit. Núñez can be used for the last 20 minutes of games. Rest Salah for the Olympics. 

• Upvote 1

This long goodbye is becoming miserable. Now we are more likely to finish third maybe the pressure will come off and the players will relax more, the good feeling will come back and stress free we will just enjoy the rest of the season unless the other two drop points and we are back to watching our players shit out.

All this winning and being competitive was far too stressful and bad for my heart. Being shite with no expectations is much easier on the old ticker. 

I don't even feel stressed or on edge watching. Just resigned to the reality of 3rd.

I'd look at moving on Salah and Nunez in the summer. Salah's best days are behind him and once he has no pace he will fall off a cliff imo. He's pretty poor technically and has some awful decision making at times. It's amazing that his numbers are so good, I guess it's the amount of volume he puts in that he scores a decent amount. I don't think that'll be the case going forwards though as he'll struggle to beat his man with less pace.

Nunez will just never get any better than what he is now. He doesn't have the footballing brain to learn and adapt so he'll always be raw. I think he'd do well in a weaker league but can't ever see him being a top premier league forward. Maybe you keep him as a rotation player who starts against weaker sides and off the bench vs stronger teams because of his pace etc.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Bunch of shithouses. Never said that about a Liverpool side but these are.

Pretty much think you say that about every Liverpool side, even the good ones 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

He will never look like the player he did at RB in Klopp 1.0

Maybe not but he's gone stale here, everything has been too easy for him. A new manager/club would not put up with the casualness and lack of effort that we have to watch from him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bossy said:

I’m reconciled to third place. Punched above expectations this season, we’ve just run out of steam and imagination.  Jurgen has too, hence him leaving. Boss ride we’ve had for a few years so fuck it. 

sucks - should have walked after the 4finals season - just too much in the end