You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gooners - They Have To Go

Anubis

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

One person, disturbing nobody, filming the match (not a selfie) in a crowd of 57,000.

I've seen worse.

And I've seen worse than anything Arsenal fans have ever done.

They were great during the protest and they were great for Ray Kennedy.

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

The worst fans in London by a distance! Maybe the entire country. Unbelievably entitled, toxic, ungrateful and just plain stupid. Can't believe Wenger put up with that lot for so long!

As a whole, for being brittle and prickly, maybe you have a point. But I'd take that over the nasty streak that runs through the Chelsea fanbase any day. 

I also think they may be our Ghost of Christmas Furture, post-Klopp. They had their once-in-a-generation manager, and didn't win nearly enough, but put money towards a stadium. Sold the dream that when it was done they'd be in a better position, and now they cant help looking back and wondering how they fell away.

Most annoying rather than worst.

When they're winning their manager is better than any other manager, they have the best players and they're all over youtube and phone ins telling everyone how amazing they are and how they should be revered all without winning anything.

When they lose everyone needs to be sold, manager is shit, and they're all over youtube and phone ins playing to the camera to see who can be the most outraged.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dicko said:

image.png.6832b0f22c08c5f7210abefc74176e60.png

image.png.aa6a494fa19eb80401d6188052c4c751.png

Let's get our own house in order before criticising others.

And that's at the game, never mind the tellyclapping fuckwits all over twitter & youtube who've never seen Anfield from the inside.

Besides there are loads of other supporters way worse than Arsenal

The team we just played springs to mind.

Go beat his ass yourself, big man.

31 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As a whole, for being brittle and prickly, maybe you have a point. But I'd take that over the nasty streak that runs through the Chelsea fanbase any day. 

I also think they may be our Ghost of Christmas Furture, post-Klopp. They had their once-in-a-generation manager, and didn't win nearly enough, but put money towards a stadium. Sold the dream that when it was done they'd be in a better position, and now they cant help looking back and wondering how they fell away.

That’s a decent observation, but at least we have the benefit of their experience to ensure it doesn’t happen to us.
Our owners are too smart to let that happen.

Aren’t they?

Those cunts recording games on their phones, aside from looking like complete fannies, what do they actually do with the videos? 

I mean there must have been 150 professional TV cameras around Anfield the other night, recording every single thing that went on & broadcasting it to the World. Who (including the boy with the tripod) is going to want to watch a recording from some second rate camera away up in the Centenary Stand?

It's just utterly mental.

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Go beat his ass yourself, big man.

Tell you what, you find out where he's from, his address and then pay for my flights, accommodation, lapsed passport & possible visa I'll gladly snap his phone stand.

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

That’s a decent observation, but at least we have the benefit of their experience to ensure it doesn’t happen to us.
Our owners are too smart to let that happen.

Aren’t they?

They have top men working on it.

Top. Men.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Most annoying rather than worst.

When they're winning their manager is better than any other manager, they have the best players and they're all over youtube and phone ins telling everyone how amazing they are and how they should be revered all without winning anything.

When they lose everyone needs to be sold, manager is shit, and they're all over youtube and phone ins playing to the camera to see who can be the most outraged.

Pretty much sounds like every football club to be honest.

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

One person, disturbing nobody, filming the match (not a selfie) in a crowd of 57,000.

I've seen worse.

I haven’t been for a couple of years now, but never seen anything like that. Got to respect the brazen nature of it though. The balls on this kid

4 hours ago, Dicko said:

And I've seen worse than anything Arsenal fans have ever done.

They were great during the protest and they were great for Ray Kennedy.

I've got no particular beef with them.  The most annoying thing about them, from what I've seen, are the whoppers on that Arsenal TV thing, and I just choose not to watch them.  I just wanted to defend that bloke filming the match; there are many more objectionable things that fans of every club do.

On 01/01/2024 at 08:24, Anubis said:

I mean, where do you go with this fuckwittery.

I suppose, where you go is to laugh at Arsenal fans doing the exact same thing after the match that she reckoned Klopp would do.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EPL/Arsenal-fans-claim-Reds-overwatered-pitch-on-purpose-to-slow-down-Gunners/3257477

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Those cunts recording games on their phones, aside from looking like complete fannies, what do they actually do with the videos? 

I mean there must have been 150 professional TV cameras around Anfield the other night, recording every single thing that went on & broadcasting it to the World. Who (including the boy with the tripod) is going to want to watch a recording from some second rate camera away up in the Centenary Stand?

Just noticed he's in the Anny Road end, not the Centenary Stand.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

If the bloke with the tripod is on a once-in-a-lifetime visit, footage of the view from his seat could be exactly what he wants.

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If the bloke with the tripod is on a once-in-a-lifetime visit, footage of the view from his seat could be exactly what he wants.

We're all different I suppose but I find that absolutely baffling. He could've taken a quick picture before the game to remember his view & got his Mum to record the game off the telly.

Not that I'm a health & safety type but sticking a tripod in the gangway is also a bit of a hazard in terms of an emergency situation. The shit people in The Kop get from stewards and he's getting away with that, no doubt he spent £400 in the club shop though.

36 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not that I'm a health & safety type but sticking a tripod in the gangway is also a bit of a hazard in terms of an emergency situation. 

Bit rich coming from you considering what you do with a tripod.