You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, lebron said:

He’s actually not even especially clinical, it’s just that he’s so physically superior to almost all the CB’s he’s facing, that they need to double-team him, which makes the job a bit easier on Silva, de Bruyne and co (who typically don’t need that help anyway). He’s only experienced playing in massively dominating teams where he’s had lots of chances to feast on. Hopefully the rest of the league plays him as physically as Gabriel and Saliba do, he’ll struggle a bit more as/once de Bruyne declines further. 

For the record I don’t doubt he’s going to score a lot more goals for City (and collect a few more medals), at least until their cheating is punished. The English obsession with “proper no 9’s” is giving him even more credit than he’s getting in other parts of the world. Hopefully today’s performance (along with other performances in important games) wakes people up a bit in terms of how limited he is. 

Edit: The main talking point should be (as football is a team game), are City a bettter side with him in the team than without him. People might point to the treble and his goals last year as conclusive proof. I think they’re much more predictable and less dominating with him in the team than without. For their most important games last year he was ineffectual. De Bruyne, Gundogan, Alvarez and Rodri were all more influential in the run-in.

Code is the man for the stats on this, but I’ll be surprised if most of his goals for both City and Norway are against “lower-ranked” opposition. He’s the ultimate flat-track bully, even more than early-doors Ronaldo.

Haaland’s goals this season.

IMG_0374.jpeg

Just now, Reckoner said:

Yeah but he was shit today and that’s all we are capable of remembering 

This was more an answer to lebron’s suggestion about him scoring most of his goals against shite teams.

33 minutes ago, Code said:

This was more an answer to lebron’s suggestion about him scoring most of his goals against shite teams.

Do you think that list disproves my take on him as one scoring mostly against inferior teams?

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We'd be walking this if VAR hadn't fucked us at Spurs and the Odegaard and Doku pens

Don’t forget Jackson swatting the ball away at a corner with the palm of his fucking hand at Chelsea during the first game. 

14 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Of course he mainly scores against inferior teams, there’s only us and Arsenal who aren’t quite significantly inferior to City.

It’s not just that he doesn’t score, he’s usually nowhere to be seen in the top games either. Anyway, apart from his goal against us (which Allison saves 9 times out of 10), the best team he’s scored against is probably Brighton. Sevilla, Spain, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle have all kept him in check. Not sure how many of his goals are pens (could be levelled at Mo too I suppose), but compared to Salah I don’t think his resume is too bright when facing tough opposition.

Edit: I’m not saying he’s a bad player, just that he’s massively overhyped due to him being on the end of a lot of cutbacks and generally having a pretty easy time as city roll most teams over with ease with or without him in the team. Remember when Sterling was scoring lots of goals for them?

13 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Of course he mainly scores against inferior teams, there’s only us and Arsenal who aren’t quite significantly inferior to City.

I don’t think he’s scored at Goodison has he?

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Haaland's boring and one-dimensional. If people want to interpret that as saying he's shit, go ahead.

3 hours ago, Funkasy said:

Clearly shit.

I'm more in the "don't give a shit" camp.

If he ends up with 50 goals this season, and we win the League, happy days.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, lebron said:

Do you think that list disproves my take on him as one scoring mostly against inferior teams?

No, but its not as bad as you suggest, he’s scored 7 of his 18 PL goals against the bottom 6 teams and 5 against the top 7 + 2 goals against Chelsea. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

No, but it’s not as bad as you suggest, he’s scored 7 of his 18 PL goals against the bottom 6 teams. 

I’m just sick of tired of the hype about him. He’s being touted as the heir to Messi (and Cristiano Ronaldo which would at least be a bit fairer comparison), when his overall play is closer to Championship level. He’s a complete freak of nature (might be further aided or not by Pep’s “special methods”) and has great awareness and movement, but when you can’t trap a ball to save your life, can’t press and is severely limited in both dribbling and passing, you shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as the contemporary greats, never mind the greats of the past.

Anyway, hopefully he’ll flee ship as soon as City get any meaningful repercussions for their cheating. You and I are stuck with him in our National team for the foreseeable though. Looking forward to him firing us to WC qualification (ha-ha).

• Upvote 1

Poor abu dhabi and all their injuries....

At kick off today the only players they were missing from their squad were Ederson and Walker.

We for example today were missing:

Alisson

TAA

Matip

Robertson

Bajcetic

Jones

Jota

Thiago

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Did Alf-Inge Haaland bang a really ugly bird to foist that cave troll upon the world? Because from what I can remember, he looked relatively normal, apart from being abnormally blonde.

Nah the lad is a chip off the old block....

s-l1600.jpg

Just had SSN on....fuck me Micah Richards is a moron.

He just shouts over excitedly and spews shite....

Saw him just now interrupting Neville by bawling some shite at him 'ah come on blah blah' then shouting at Keane about 'changing like the wind' and it is always done dead loud and so OTT....I bet Keane wants to leather the stupid cunt.

I don't know how the others put up with him - he is an absolute fucking moron.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Did Alf-Inge Haaland bang a really ugly bird to foist that cave troll upon the world? Because from what I can remember, he looked relatively normal, apart from being abnormally blonde.

No, she’s pretty good looking, a former Norwegian champion in heptathlon.

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, an tha said:

Poor abu dhabi and all their injuries....

At kick off today the only players they were missing from their squad were Ederson and Walker.

We for example today were missing:

Alisson

TAA

Matip

Robertson

Bajcetic

Jones

Jota

Thiago

Stones was missing, too to be fair.

19 minutes ago, Code said:

No, she’s pretty good looking, a former Norwegian champion in heptathlon.

IMG_0379.jpeg

Repped for the cool traditional Norwegian dress.

And Alfie Haaland looking like he's been asked to stand with a group of people he doesn't know and feels awkward around.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, razor said:

Stones was missing, too to be fair.

Repped for the cool traditional Norwegian dress.

And Alfie Haaland looking like he's been asked to stand with a group of people he doesn't know and feels awkward around.

Stones was on bench though.

4 hours ago, Code said:

Its annoying how much the Arsenal players get away with, when you consider how we get punished for almost everything. 

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

Quite staggering today that there was not a single yellow card given in that game for a foul - we however picked up 5.

We were adjudged to have made 20 fouls - 5 of which were deemed yellows.

Arsenal were also adjudged to have made 20 fouls - not 1 of them was deemed a yellow.

• Upvote 2