You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well im glad thats all over. Feels like a massive weight off my shoulders as I took the kids to school. 

No more Sky, Talkshite, arguing, banter or YouTube fan channels. Its been a wild ride and great in places but goodness me, football is hideous these days.

They should have already been charged as 58 of those charges are non compliance or refusing to submit evidence to the league. The other charges require investigating but that can only be done with them supplying evidence for the league to examine. Yet they've refused to do that. 

If any of us were given a court date or charged with something the legal system doesn't hang around waiting for you to decide whether you want to co-operate. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

McNulty on BBC sport. He says this everytime they win anything.

This is where the elephant in the room must be mentioned because every City success will be accompanied by the narrative that they still face 115 Premier League charges for alleged financial irregularities - charges the club are at pains to stress they strenuously deny.

It is 15 months since those charges were levelled at the club. Unless and until there is clarity and a verdict, City will always be subjected to this outside noise and suspicion every time they win a trophy.

Yeah because he is an extremely bitter Man Utd supporter.

If it was us winning the league he'd probably write about two sentences, or find some irrelevant detail like a dodgy penalty for the third goal in a 3-1 win to talk about instead.

11 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yeah because he is an extremely bitter Man Utd supporter.

If it was us winning the league he'd probably write about two sentences, or find some irrelevant detail like a dodgy penalty for the third goal in a 3-1 win to talk about instead.

Think he's an extremely bitter blue?

I think it's good that he mentions it, don't think many other journos do.

They are a top team with a top manager, it's  just how they got there that pisses on my chips.

• Upvote 2

Yeah he is an Evertonian isn't he, dunno what I was talking about there.

Although an Evertonian who loves Man Utd isn't the rarest thing in the world. Especially not when the rest of BBC Sport are huge Man Utd fans themselves.

• Upvote 1

A.Sørloth now the top scorer in La Liga after he scored four goals agains Real Madrid at the weekend.

And Norway still cant qualify for anything. 

IMG_0883.jpeg

You have to wonder if this is the high water mark of Arteta's Arsenal. Finishing 2nd in successive years to the 'master' he studied under, and maybe the same again next season, with similar levels of end product, could be a trigger for him to want to go somewhere he doesn't have to come up against the indomitable wall of Man City. Other big clubs such as Barcelona or Bayern may look upon him as the manager they're willing to put a lot of investment in to get them to their own destiny.

Where are arsenal then? Where do they turn? Who would they look towards to kick them on from what Arteta couldn't manage? Three very solid, but ultimately fruitless seasons, and they still haven't broken through the glass barrier. And there's no reason to think they will do anything great in Europe either, as ever. They've had the wind behind them this season with so few injuries, when ourselves and others have had the usual pile-ups at all the worse times. Arsenal fans smelling themselves all season, at the prospect of stopping four in a row. Failing to take into account that it's Liverpool who have actually stopped seven in a row.

Thinking that falling short by seven points and two points respectively, is the closest anyone has come to stopping City, blindly and deludedly ignores we've lost out by a single point twice, while also winning the Champions League and being in two more finals. This level of competitiveness on all fronts is something that Arsenal have not experienced, as much as they like to crow about their unbeaten league season. They are still desperately jumping to try see over the wall. And even though it pisses me off that City have finally got to take the European crown they've longed for from afar, by the same illicit means that has won them the league, the fact is, they have broken that new ground.

Aside from the long forgotten Fairs Cup in 69/70, and Cup Winners' Cup in 93/94, Arsenal have next to no pedigree in Europe. As many times as they've qualified for the group stages under Wenger and since, they've managed to get to just one European Cup/CL final in their whole history. They've no concept of what it's like to be in the mix of the last 4 on a regular basis. Those occasions are extreme rarities for them. Whatever their standing in the domestic league, until they regularly get to the business end in Europe, if they ever do, allied to some success, they'll always be a second rate European club.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yeah he is an Evertonian isn't he, dunno what I was talking about there.

Although an Evertonian who loves Man Utd isn't the rarest thing in the world. Especially not when the rest of BBC Sport are huge Man Utd fans themselves.

Mad thing is that Everton vs the Mancs used to be far nastier than whenever we played them. About 20 years ago, there was a huge fight between them. A mate of mine is retired from the police and he said he found it the nastiest game for years to police. He wasn't condoning the stupid hooligan twats but did half enjoy telling how the Cockneys barely showed, bar Arsenal in the early 80s (I've a memory of that game - league cup maybe?) yet clubs like Boro were always gamey as fuck. I always hated that hooligan shite but this cockney lad I got talking to at the pool on holiday gave me a book he had finished - West Ham or Chelsea, and I've never read such a load of shite with high tales of taking Goodison and Anfield. 

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Mad thing is that Everton vs the Mancs used to be far nastier than whenever we played them. About 20 years ago, there was a huge fight between them. A mate of mine is retired from the police and he said he found it the nastiest game for years to police. He wasn't condoning the stupid hooligan twats but did half enjoy telling how the Cockneys barely showed, bar Arsenal in the early 80s (I've a memory of that game - league cup maybe?) yet clubs like Boro were always gamey as fuck. I always hated that hooligan shite but this cockney lad I got talking to at the pool on holiday gave me a book he had finished - West Ham or Chelsea, and I've never read such a load of shite with high tales of taking Goodison and Anfield. 

Not sure about that  

Whenever the mancs came to town the reds bloos used to team up by all accounts,and that 85 semi is regarded as the 'height'of that hooligan era.

Most of those hooligan books are bollocks..the manc one (the guvnor)being probably the worst. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Not sure about that  

Whenever the mancs came to town the reds bloos used to team up by all accounts,and that 85 semi is regarded as the 'height'of that hooligan era.

Most of those hooligan books are bollocks..the manc one (the guvnor)being probably the worst. 

Yeah that's my memory Arnie lad.

My family and friends are pretty much half Red and half Blue and I recall any of them who were into the hooligan shite, joining up together when the Mancs came to town. Possibly with other teams as well like Leeds. To be fair, it was a different era. 

Looking back, Everton did seem to attract more nutters, so I could see how they might have a more fearsome reputation. Myself and my other Red siblings are less ferocious than the Blue ones, but definitely better looking, more intelligent and funnier. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

My family and friends are pretty much half Red and half Blue and I recall any of them who were into the hooligan shite, joining up together when the Mancs came to town. Possibly with other teams coming to town as well like Leeds. To be fair, it was a different era. 

Looking back, Everton did seem to attract more nutters, so I could see how they might have a more fearsome reputation. Myself and my other Red siblings are less ferocious than the Blue ones, but definitely better looking, more intelligent and funnier. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Have to admit, the lad shouting fuck off after 2 minutes would have been me.

This guy does have a point…

IMG_1568.jpeg

Yeah but who stepped up for us?  Villa 2-0 up and shit the bed massively, so point or not.  Fuck him & fuck them

10 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

My family and friends are pretty much half Red and half Blue and I recall any of them who were into the hooligan shite, joining up together when the Mancs came to town. Possibly with other teams as well like Leeds. To be fair, it was a different era. 

1st utd game for me was that 3 all in 88 and to this day is one of the most intense atmosphere Ive ever experienced.

I just missed that hooligan era,which is just aswell really as Im a massive shithouse. 

I think it died away for liverpool after 89,but the bloos have still got some loons following them. That Millwall game the other year was nuts.  

• Upvote 1