You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

It's quite hard to get a handle on whether Doucoure would be good for us. As he's playing Hodgball, he doesn't do a lot beyond jogging back and forth in front of the back four occupying spaces. Not really anything like what he'd be doing for us.

Not saying we wouldn't benefit from a bit of that, but it's not how he'll be deployed.

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's quite hard to get a handle on whether Doucoure would be good for us. As he's playing Hodgball, he doesn't do a lot beyond jogging back and forth in front of the back four occupying spaces. Not really anything like what he'd be doing for us.

Not saying we wouldn't benefit from a bit of that, but it's not how he'll be deployed.

Very good point this, playing the 6 are two quite different things in a Hodgson team and a Klopp team. 

That said he’s looked a good player from the little I’ve seen, but agree with the point that it’s difficult to judge.

47 minutes ago, Chris said:

Are you suggesting his methods don’t translate?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Apparently he's capable of a lot more and showed it when playing in France. Just playing to instructions I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Where does Trent move then? To the bench, to a new club or into midfield? If it’s midfield I suggest you watch the Bournemouth goal again.

Well he's either midfield or he's in defence he cant play in two places that's what causing us to lose our shape.

With a solid right back we might be able to can these stupid long ball over the top goals.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

That's it?

Thats it dude. Football is a simple game.

I think Jurgen has made it more complex than he needed, we shouldnt be all at sea against some of the shittest teams around.

We shipped 4 against Furth, one against Darmstadt (who hadnt scored in several games up to that point) and two against Bournemouth in four minutes, ok it was chalked off but we were still all over the place.

If he wants to continue this crazy formation then he needs to go out and buy the players he needs to make it work, otherwise change the formation back.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I'd be interested in her parents opinions on the situation though I'd guess there's a number of zero's reason why we might never hear it.

The poor kid will have an interesting up bringing.

Imagine being the girls dad,knowing he has has done that to her?

No matter how loaded he is,I'd wanna rip his throat out

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Well he's either midfield or he's in defence he cant play in two places that's what causing us to lose our shape.

With a solid right back we might be able to can these stupid long ball over the top goals.

So you’re saying the inverted full back system that Arsenal and City played last season isn’t for us?

And with a new ‘solid’ right back in place I assume you want Trent in midfield then? Which I very much doubt is a good option, can’t see that he’s suited to it. Bournemouth’s goal was a perfect example why.

I agree by the way, that we’re a shambles defensively. But I dont think the solution is getting a ‘solid’ right back in. Our best spell by some distance  last season was with Trent as the inverted full back. We were shit defensively before the change, and probably almost as shit after, but results improved.