You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stefan Bajcetic

John102

This is getting ridiculous. I mean we could all see he was being played into the ground, jumping from cameo appearances to playing 150 or so minutes a week in one of toughest leagues in the world, at 18. Surely someone needs to be sacked over this kind of player management.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

This is getting ridiculous. I mean we could all see he was being played into the ground, jumping from cameo appearances to playing 150 or so minutes a week in one of toughest leagues in the world, at 18. Surely someone needs to be sacked over this kind of player management.

Thought that was the whole idea of this sports science shit. When you think how often we make subs at set times because they demand it to then throw a kid in like that is nuts

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

The challenge is who else could we have played in there - the black hole we call midfield is bad enough as it is with the lack of reliable, robust and frankly good enough players - this kid has been arguably our best midfielder since December and the options to adequately replace him have simply not been there.

That is of course our own fault for the neglect we have shown to properly strengthening the midfield and clearing out the unfit, unreliable, unavailable and untrusted.

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Fixture list is a joke, and yes he’s probably played too much.

But seriously, he’s played 18 games, starting 10 of them. I know this is the internet, but calling for people to be sacked over that?

31 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Fixture list is a joke, and yes he’s probably played too much.

But seriously, he’s played 18 games, starting 10 of them. I know this is the internet, but calling for people to be sacked over that?

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

The challenge is who else could we have played in there - the black hole we call midfield is bad enough as it is with the lack of reliable, robust and frankly good enough players - this kid has been arguably our best midfielder since December and the options to adequately replace him have simply not been there.

That is of course our own fault for the neglect we have shown to properly strengthening the midfield and clearing out the unfit, unreliable, unavailable and untrusted.

I'm sure the club scours the fans' forums looking for sacking suggestions.

On the other hand, we seem to be constantly topping the injuries table and it probably isn't a coincidence. He did go from getting five minutes here and there to playing a number of full games in quick succession, at the age of 18.

I think we are still not aware how much we lucked out with young Bajcho. He may prove out to be our biggest asset and go on to become best young European midfielder we would struggle to keep. We should manage him better.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

On the other hand, we seem to be constantly topping the injuries table and it probably isn't a coincidence. He did go from getting five minutes here and there to playing a number of full games in quick succession, at the age of 18.

I think we are still not aware how much we lucked out with young Bajcho. He may prove out to be our biggest asset and go on to become best young European midfielder we would struggle to keep. We should manage him better.

If we get some proper reliable senior players in we will be able to manage him better.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SasaS said:

12 hours ago, an tha said:

If we get some proper reliable senior players in we will be able to manage him better.

I agree with you both; sack Henderson, Thiago, Ox and Keita.

Fabinho too, cos he's rubbish.

• 11 months later...

Be nice if he could get a few games before the end of the season. Good news by the sound of that anyway. Need to take no risks though as the lad is a major talent and we need to be careful

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Be nice if he could get a few games before the end of the season. Good news by the sound of that anyway. Need to take no risks though as the lad is a major talent and we need to be careful

Will be a huge boost when he comes back.

In fact, when you think about it, it’ll be like a new signing.
I just thought that up.

• Upvote 1