You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cost of Living Tips

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Putting rocket on it is southern shite. Other than that, looks lovely. 

Why is a peppery leaf called rocket?

I don't live a conventional life or what most deem to be one, so I haven't been shopping in a supermarket for years, well I haven't done food shopping at all for years, the only thing I've noticed (surprise surprise) is the price of pubs, every time we go out she has to have a fucking cocktail which is a tenner, I used to offset it with a cheap pint but there's no such thing any more, near 20 quid a round every time.

43 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don't live a conventional life or what most deem to be one, so I haven't been shopping in a supermarket for years, well I haven't done food shopping at all for years, the only thing I've noticed (surprise surprise) is the price of pubs, every time we go out she has to have a fucking cocktail which is a tenner, I used to offset it with a cheap pint but there's no such thing any more, near 20 quid a round every time.

You need to start telling her its half a strongbow or nothing at all

• 2 months later...

In the cold months, save on the heating by huddling around a candle. When it gets really cold, light it.

When it comes to petrol/diesel etc. I use an app called "Petrol Prices", imaginatively.

Screenshot_20230722_084349_One UI Home.jpg

People will post the current prices to the app to keep it updated as to where the best prices are. You don't have to sign up. Just use the petrol pump tab at the bottom of the screen and there you go:

Screenshot_20230722_084603_PetrolPrices.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2023 at 16:41, Remmie said:

Had someone over to look at making and fitting a new front door. The quote was for £1,660. We went pretty low end as well. 

For a fucking door. 

Turns out £1,660 was small fry, yesterday I had a quote for £4,800.

I'd want an automatic swooshing spaceship door that makes toasties and gives me the odd hand job for that. 

35 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Turns out £1,660 was small fry, yesterday I had a quote for £4,800.

I'd want an automatic swooshing spaceship door that makes toasties and gives me the odd hand job for that. 

I'd want a portal for that price.

• 8 months later...

£30 profit for every man, woman and child in the UK.

Asda are really taking the piss price wise at the minute. Selling nescafe jar for 7.10 that was 5 quid a week before. Think it's due to them being part of a leveraged buyout. Shops look like a shithole as they've cut staff apparently.

Been using the topcashback site for some stuff. Made ( or saved) 150 quid from Christmas on switching broadband, switching pet insurance ect. All stuff I'd ordinarily do.