You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

On 21/10/2022 at 00:24, niallers said:

I know it's not really a thing, but it feels like it is that when we ever come up against a player who hasn't scored in 2 millenia or a team hasn't won since the dawn of time, along we pop and give the cunts 2 helping hands!

Forest are terrible and have won only one in the league and lost 7 times already. 

Just fucking win lads, please. Do what we've been doing the last 2 games, ie score first and don't fucking concede, first, or at all!

We're still everyone's cup final but hopefully our trip there in March will temper any hostility we'll face. 

Seems like it is a thing! United away after they were terrible, forest today, the bitters a few weeks back.  Fuck me this is depressing. Its just sad to see a team that has given us so much be so forlorn and lost. Up the infuriating,misfiring,reds!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'm not having Klopp whingeing about playing too many games and injuries. That was a team of professional Liverpool players earning countless thousands of pounds a week who looked like they've never played together. I'm struggling to remember such a poor performance. What the fuck do this set of twats do in training? 

They are playing more than our medical staff can cope with. We played 3 this week, that is about 2.5 more games than they can cope with.

5 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Yeap, the main club doctor left with no real reason...

Still interviewing for his replacement. Apparently it's taken so long because the first question is how would you get 30 league games a season out of Naby and Thiago.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

As some have pointed out- we have to hear the old "shock result" rubbish.

We've been shit for months and that starting line up today really brought it home. 

To think that 3 months ago we were contesting the biggest prize in European football

Every bastard week we look at line up with trepidation worrying who is missing and every bastard week a new name or two lo and behold is missing.

It is fucking ridiculous and has been relentless across all areas of team since July.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

What, overly cautious stuff?

Yeah....other week he left a couple out and said the medical people said they could only play maybe 30 mins or so...

Might have been Jota and Hendo...not 100% sure who was...

They told him not to play Diaz recently too after internationals - i can't recall any other key players from another club who didn't play after the internationals for same reasons....

Then today Nunez can't play but "could tomorrow"....

21 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Disappointing, but I'm too old to be that arsed. I've got to the stage where I can switch over and forget about it. I'm certainly not going to let it spoil my enjoyment of the lovely rioja I've bought to have with dinner tonight.

I'm not as old as you so I'm fucking fuming. I didn't think I was as pissed off as I am until I've just sat trying to get her a stream for the fucking everton game and my blood's boiling over. I hope Palace drill them into the fucking turf the shithouse twats 

Sorry 

Just now, an tha said:

We seem to have just sleep walked into having an ageing squad with a lot of injury prone players.

By next summer....

The summer surely sees us get rid of Milner, Oxlade and Keita.

With Henderson probably at best becoming the new Milner - he'll be 33 then.

We will have what will be 32 year old injury prone Thiago...

Matip will be 32 and his injury prone too.

Jota looks like he may be someone who is just never gonna stay fit for any length of time.

Firmino will be 32...

The squad needs refreshing desperately - it is amazing it has been left as long as it has without proper work being done to refresh it and replace the injury prone/not good enough.

Sleepwalked? It was clear long ago, once again we shot ourselves through the skull. 

Does Henderson or Jones start in any of the top PL clubs? Generally they won’t make the bench. Players were available, we plodded along and wouldn’t invest. 

I see Klopp walking end of the season. Not a knee-jerk, he seems agitated beyond belief recently. 

19 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Poor today. I dont get how a pro player can miss a game due to an ear infection and the decision not to play him taken at 5:15am!? Fucking bizarre that one. What happened to Jurgen's play through the pain?

Darwin, the intensity of the west ham game was still affecting him? What's that all about, FFS?

But, overall, missing Darwin, Jota, Diaz and a fit Trent to name a few doesnt help.

Im actually amazed, well, no Im not, that yet again, we picked up the first yellow in this game despite that big forest lump kicking shite out of our players. Normally, you see the ref pointing going 'one foul there, another there, 3rd you're in the book.' But no, the ref sees fit to give Joe a yellow for tangling 6 of one, half a dozen with the forest player in the 2nd half.

Far too many players off it today. Mo did nothing and miskicked another glorious opportunity. Fabinho, I like the lad, I really do but he turned in another shocker today. Elliot and Cavarlho worked hard but didnt produce. Bobby was annonymous and our record there is very, very poor.

Got to feel for young Curtis, so much is expected of him and I personally dont think it helps when Jurgen calls him an exceptional talent. I dont think he is but I guess the injuries meant Jurgen was forced into starting him today?

Their cunt keeper saved everything when we did manage to fashion a chance. Virgil should have done a lot better with the 2 chances he had. I dont know if he meant to head the first back across goal or just totally misplaced it? The second late in the 2nd half was just too close to the keeper. Trent was unlucky with a header that their keeper blocked.

Hate losing to these despite the mild love in earlier. They say it's better to win one, lose one but this is a bitter one to swallow or watch.

I accept this at face value. If he has a bad ear infection then likely he feels shit , bad pain and a high temperature .

Likely he needs a course of antibiotics  not an aspirin and told to keep his chin up. 

There is no mystery to it. It's a classic false economy.

We sign injury-prone players because the money isn't there to buy ones who are not made from Wotsits.

We need more players because the ones we have are injury-prone, except the money isn't there.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm not as old as you so I'm fucking fuming. I didn't think I was as pissed off as I am until I've just sat trying to get her a stream for the fucking everton game and my blood's boiling over. I hope Palace drill them into the fucking turf the shithouse twats 

Sorry 

Equality lad! Let her find her own streams!

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry 

Ha ha, that's OK. I'm more annoyed with the poor form of the thread starter if I'm honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Sleepwalked? It was clear long ago, once again we shot ourselves through the skull. 

Does Henderson or Jones start in any of the top PL clubs? Generally they won’t make the bench. Players were available, we plodded along and wouldn’t invest. 

I see Klopp walking end of the season. Not a knee-jerk, he seems agitated beyond belief recently. 

If he isn't given the funds he wants in Jan and the summer i'd not blame him at all for walking.

17 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Fire the people responsible for all aspects of fitness of these players. This is a fucking joke of a situation with these injuries. I am not surprised at all we lost that - was obvious to anyone with half a brain and not totally deluded that we would not win with that starting lineup. 

There's a good reason Gomez is 4th choice centre-back. Milner put in a shift but again, why are we relying on a 36 year old midfielder to play at right back? Jones is nowhere near good enough for a team with our aspirations, he's Championship material at best. Fabinho has been dog shit all season and is only playing because we have no one else.

Another reminder of the utter stupidity of STILL not getting in a replacement for Wijnaldum. That rests with these cheapskate twat owners who would rather rely on crocks like Ox, Keita, Thiago and now Melo.

Completely agree. One of the journalists should have the balls to ask why we have soo many injuries every week compared to everyone else. 

I don't care who you are, you cannot be making 5 changes before each game and at least 2 during it. How can anyone get any sort of fluidity. We looked like strangers today because we were. 

Mo went down over nothing and the medical team took ages to get on. It's a farce and it will s killing any hope we have.

How can players be expected to build up understanding. Split second decisions at this level make all the difference. You cannot keep expect to beat 11 men behind the ball if you have no fluidity whatsoever. You open up teams by quick interchanges of passing which means everyone needs to be on the same wavelength.

Then there is this crap about Jürgen not knowing until late the day before the game which team he can play. It sounds more and more like they run some sort of software and are told "this lad - no chance", 'this lad - red zone", "this lad -  45 mins". "Over to you Jurgen - put that puzzle together for 12:30 tomorrow". It's immaterial what they have worked on in training and with what personnel because it's all driven by that.

3 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

It is beyond me why people complain about certain midfileders but not mention Fab. The slowest midfielder in the PL, and now he can not tackle either.

4 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Only got home at bang on 1230, so didn't know the bench - why wasn't Nunez on it?  Something from Wednesday night?

He was unfit to play today 'but could have tomorrow'....

Klopp:

"For Darwin the game comes too early, he still feels the intensity of the game muscle-wise so there was no chance he could play today. Maybe he could play tomorrow or on Monday but not today."

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

We seem to have just sleep walked into having an ageing squad with a lot of injury prone players.

By next summer....

The summer surely sees us get rid of Milner, Oxlade and Keita.

With Henderson probably at best becoming the new Milner - he'll be 33 then.

We will have what will be 32 year old injury prone Thiago...

Matip will be 32 and his injury prone too.

Jota looks like he may be someone who is just never gonna stay fit for any length of time.

Firmino will be 32...

The squad needs refreshing desperately - it is amazing it has been left as long as it has without proper work being done to refresh it and replace the injury prone/not good enough.

I’d rather keep Milner than Henderson.

• Upvote 1