You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 8-10 2022)

tlw content

Another one of these where we didn’t win. Getting sick of it now, it feels like I’ve stepped back in time seven years (Covid season doesn’t count). It doesn’t help when everyone else won either. Chelsea, Spurs, United… I won’t mention City because what’s the point? What they do is no longer relevant to us. We’re back in the chasing pack again now, and not chasing particularly hard.

For the time being we need to worry about catching the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and *double checks notes* Bournemouth! I mean, seriously? We beat them 9-0 and since then they’ve won more games and more points than we have. Fucking hell.

Fair play to Gary O’Neill though. Maybe they aren’t as shite as I thought they were and that it was Scott ‘Scotty’ Parker holding them back with his sour face and complaints about a lack of new signings? I’m not sure I buy that like because man for man they do look like a Championship side, but O’Neill keeps talking about how when it comes to attitude and mentality they’re the best group he’s ever been involved with. 

They’ve been fighting and scrapping for him in every game, so maybe they were fed up with Parker. I don’t think it will last but they’ve already picked up more than I thought they’d manage in the whole season so give O’Neill the job, and indeed the Manager of the Year award.

How on earth is Brendan still in a job though? Leicester actually took the lead against Bournemouth but still couldn’t win. 

Daka pounced to fire in for his third goal in four. There was a VAR check as he did look a fraction off but the technology showed otherwise. Must be nice to actually have functioning cameras eh?

Frederkicks was then booked for diving even though the replay showed there was contact. This is one of the many reasons VAR is shit. It was probably a pen even though he absolutely made the most of it. Had the ref given that it would not have been overturned because there was contact. The ref not giving a pen is ok, but can you be booking a player who goes down when he’s caught? VAR can’t reverse the yellow card unless they tell the ref he’s wrong nd to check the screen.

It didn’t matter because my boy Billing blasted in an equaliser and then my other boy Solanke nodded it down for Christie to win it.

That Poundland David Luiz Brendan signed looks fucking hopeless. Leicester fans are turning on Rodgers massively now and apparently Leicester have had to cancel the usual birthday dedications they do at the stadium because fans are sending in jars names like Zach Rodgers and Brenda Nout. Pretty funny to be fair.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Great read, but I wish I hadn’t read it, as it’s got me wound up all over again. I’d barely calmed down after that shafting we got from Oliver and VAR last Sunday. Referees and lawmakers  are utterly clueless. Those handball situations are a joke. Plus, compare the handball last Sunday versus the Brentford one and the one Napoli got on Wednesday. The most blatant clear cut penalty is the one not given. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic