You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Rumours of mass resignations from the cabinet  in the next 48 hours 

I reckon she will throw in the towel if serious threats of cabinet resignations appear. Johnson was fucked when his boys downed tools but I doubt she would wait as long as he did. Its probably the way it will happen with various ministers getting pressure to cut her loose. Their biggest problem is agreeing on who is to replace her not getting Truss out of the door. 

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I reckon she will throw in the towel if serious threats of cabinet resignations appear. Johnson was fucked when his boys downed tools but I doubt she would wait as long as he did. Its probably the way it will happen with various ministers getting pressure to cut her loose. Their biggest problem is agreeing on who is to replace her not getting Truss out of the door. 

I doubt there'd be much public or media appetite for another leadership contest, with the country rudderless for another 3 months. Labour should be having a field day with this.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I doubt there'd be much public or media appetite for another leadership contest, with the country rudderless for another 3 months. Labour should be having a field day with this.

No way would they have another shitshow for the members.   

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I'll lead Tories into next election, says embattled Liz Truss https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63293891

There's an interview with Chris mason on the 10pm news. It was absolutely excruciating. I almost felt sorry for her. Honestly, she needs putting out of her misery. The was one of the worst interviews I have ever watched. We just need a GE now. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I'll lead Tories into next election, says embattled Liz Truss https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63293891

She looks to have aged about 15 years over the last fortnight. Presumably due to a steady diet of gin, and having to give 46 hand jobs a day just to keep about 7% of her party onside. 

For the sake of the country, and her as well, it really would be best if she was deposited in to a slurry pit. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Didn't Hunt finish last in the leadership contest? Fucking hell. Only in this shit show of a country could the candidate who came last end up running the country. 

You don’t have to win to be a winner but he is a winner

• Upvote 2