You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radio 2

Bjornebye

So the legend Ken Bruce bows out in a very classy way from his last Mid Morning show on Radio 2 with the Beatles Golden Slumbers/ Carry that weight classic. 

You can't help but  think that the BBC have dropped a bollock by letting him leave Imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

So the legend Ken Bruce bows out in a very classy way from his last Mid Morning show on Radio 2 with the Beatles Golden Slumbers/ Carry that weight classic. 

You can't help but  think that the BBC have dropped a bollock by letting him leave Imo. 

Yep, I insisted on having him on in the office this morning. Legend doesn't do him justice. 

• Like 1

Gary Davies is pretty good- apparently he is launching the new daily music quiz.

They should have given him a go but not trendy enough and not enough hilarious celeb mates anecdotes that Vernon no doubt has lined up     

12 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Tony Blackburn on a Saturday morning is about it now. 

@Jairzinho will still tune in for Jeremy Vine though. 

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

And by "it" I am of course referring to the miniscule chance that he dies an absolutely horrific death live on air.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Tony Blackburn on a Saturday morning is about it now. 

@Jairzinho will still tune in for Jeremy Vine though. 

Never get a chance to listen on a Saturday morning. 

I knew it was the fucking end for me (except Bruce) last Easter, was driving back from Bristol on the evening and they had a load of religious shite on followed by drum and bass. 

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Spot on. It is as a few people have said 1990's / 2000's Radio 1 now.

Ken Bruce has gone, Craig Charles has gone, Radcliffe and Maconie have gone, nowt worth listening to left on there.

And you never want to risk catching that cunt Sarah Cox by mistake. 

15 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

The quiz replacing Popmaster is fucking rubbish I understand they had to come up with something but it feels like they have thrown it together in 20 minutes 

They probably did.

On 06/03/2023 at 10:50, Bjornebye said:

Gary Davies can fuck off Radio 2 is dead. 

They haven’t recovered since Simon mayo left after the breakfast show with Jo Whiley was canned. After 7pm radio 2 is still ok. Everything else is like a bodged abortion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Radio 2 has gone right down the pan. Fuck me. Zoe Ball and Vernon Kay - absolute shite.

I used to listen to Paul Salt on the Radio Merseyside breakfast show but they've given him the boot and the replacement show is WOEFUL. Totally woeful. 

Where do we go from here? Can't stand Greatest Hits radio, it's the same 15 songs over and over with a tonne of adverts.

I'm trying 6 Music but again, since Shaun Keaveney left it's not been the same.

Shite! 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Radio 2 has gone right down the pan. Fuck me. Zoe Ball and Vernon Kay - absolute shite.

I used to listen to Paul Salt on the Radio Merseyside breakfast show but they've given him the boot and the replacement show is WOEFUL. Totally woeful. 

Where do we go from here? Can't stand Greatest Hits radio, it's the same 15 songs over and over with a tonne of adverts.

Shite! 

I put Absolute Radio on the other morning and had to turn it off after barely a minute. Two whooping morons and their sycophantic sidekicks laughing hysterically at their lame jokes. It's not even as if the music's any good, 'real music' my arse.

16 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I put Absolute Radio on the other morning and had to turn it off after barely a minute. Two whooping morons and their sycophantic sidekicks laughing hysterically at their lame jokes. It's not even as if the music's any good, 'real music' my arse.

I'm not sure what's worse - the team presenters were you get all sort gegging in, or the ones who do it on their own and love the sound of their own voice.

The state of radio is woeful. I've decided to listen to Paul Gambaccini's pick of the pops, although he's a bit smug as well. 

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Shite! 

Ive fucked Radio 2 off since they binned Ken. Don’t mind greatest hits to be fair but Im back on Radio X. Radio Merseyside can either be brilliant or utterly boring so I wait a minute and if it’s the latter I swerve to X. 

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2023 at 13:12, Dave D said:

Gary Davies is making the show his own- its making The Vernon Kay appointment seem worse by the day and is going to be a hell of a jolt when Kay starts.   

Gary Davies's show is a million times better than Vernon Kay. 

Can't stand Kay's voice. And he just talks shit. 

Gary Davies might be old school, but I think that helps for DJs. It's what I prefer anyway. Can't be doing with ex TV or music people pretending to DJ. Or in the case of Vernon Kay, an ex male model. 

• Upvote 1