You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter (H) - CL Round of 16 2nd leg, Tue 8th Mar 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

From Jurgen's presser...

Firmino, Matip and Thiago all trained normally yesterday. Still need to see how they react to training before deciding how much involvement Firmino & Thiago will have, while Matip should be good to go.

No mention of any other injuries/illness, so we'll have a very strong squad to pick from for tomorrow's fixture.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

We'll need to be up for it because they will be massively up for it and 2-0 is a deceptive lead over 90 mintues. 

Yep, and I'm sure we will be. Klopp spoke about us attacking the game and being aware that a 2-0 lead is the most common scoreline to be turned round in a 2 legged tie.

Inter played Friday evening against bottom of the table Salernitana and won comfortably, 5-0, with Lauturo Martinez helping himself to a hattrick and Dzeko grabbing a brace, so they'll be full of confidence heading into tomorrow's game.

I would not be surprised if their starting lineup is the same as the first leg.

Ivan Perisic missed Friday's game with a slight muscle injury and was replaced by Darmian just before kick-off. However, it is reported that Perisic should be fit and available for selection tomorrow.

They also had Robin Gosens return from injury on Friday evening, so he may be an option on the left at some point in the game, likely from the bench given the period he has been out.

Barella is again suspended - A player Klopp took the time to mention in his press conference earlier, highlighting that Barella created the first 2 goals for Inter on Friday.

I would again expect Vidal to step in for Barella here, but there's talk on Gazzetta.it that Inzaghi may start Gagliardini as Barella's replacement instead.

• Upvote 2

If Simone Inzaghi had two brain cells to rub together, he wouldn't be starting Vidal at Anfield. It wouldn't be long before his on-field twattery whip the crowd into a frenzy and we all know what happened to Arsenal after Captain Black acted the cunt in the dugout.

Barella will be a huge loss for them IMO. He absolutely bossed the midfield in their game against Salernitana, got two assists as well.

1 hour ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

If Simone Inzaghi had two brain cells to rub together, he wouldn't be starting Vidal at Anfield. It wouldn't be long before his on-field twattery whip the crowd into a frenzy and we all know what happened to Arsenal after Captain Black acted the cunt in the dugout.

Barella will be a huge loss for them IMO. He absolutely bossed the midfield in their game against Salernitana, got two assists as well.

Barella needs to do more to convince me if I’m honest. He didn’t look anything special at the euros. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good move going back with Jota, Mane (on the left) and Salah. Diaz has been great but we have lost a little bit of flow and chance creation in the last couple of games. I'm happy to go with the tried and tested while Diaz still beds in and learns the system better.

Suprised to see Jones, but we got this, come on Liverpool!!

4 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Surprised that Hendo isn’t starting.. normally one of Klopps must haves in important matches

We are 2 nil up and he didn't start the first game.

Apart from that, I see what you mean.