You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

23 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Think thats harsh

The same shit has been thrown at Lewis that the era wasn't great. Fury can only beat whats in front of him and he has beat the lot of them inc Wlad who was very good. Fury size alone makes him a tough opponent for anyone of any era, add to that his chin and footwork and he could compete with most of them. Fury is 4" taller,1" longer reach and 15/20lbs heavier than even Lewis who was huge. Lewis could also be hurt and quite lazy in some fights and one of his big things was to lean on heavyweights and make them carry his weight to wear them out. Thats not going to happen with Fury. Personally its a 50/50 fight and im a bigger fan of Lewis than Fury

Lewis fought in a great era and beat every man he faced. I know he can only fight what's in front of him but Fury has not come close to fighting the calibre of opponents Lewis has. Lewis in his prime was just devastating. I can't think of many heavyweights in history that could have lived with him at his best. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Lewis fought in a great era and beat every man he faced. I know he can only fight what's in front of him but Fury has not come close to fighting the calibre of opponents Lewis has. Lewis in his prime was just devastating. I can't think of many heavyweights in history that could have lived with him at his best. 

Ali, Frazier, Foreman would have given him a serious hard time. A 19 year old Tyson would and all. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Whyte now claiming the uppercut only buzzed him and Tyson cheated pushing him over and he banged him head. 

Wouldn't be out of place on GOT forum. 

Screenshot_20220425-155258_Twitter.jpg

He should be thankful he was pushed and not hit with a follow up shot. He was clearly out once the punch landed, he's gone full Evertonian there.

21 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am getting a bit more onboard with the women boxing, but still think it is a bit of a stretch letting Liam Smith box one.

The Stevenson card is on Sky during the night if anybody has not noticed, to record it.

They're timing both cards so there is no overlap between the main events. Just got my nap in, before the fights. These late night American cards are getting tougher and tougher.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Only watched the highlights so can't comment on the scorecards but it sounds like Serrano eased off and let it slide down the stretch.

The commentary on DAZN was a complete disgrace, imo. Mc Caskill and Mannix in particular.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2