You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 90s Movie Ever - Group E

Bjornebye

Greatest 90s Movie Ever - Group E  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/21 at 14:07

11 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Heat is a really good film. I wouldn't have it ahead of Forest Gump though. I'm gutted Gump is going out.

I watched Fargo again recently. Loved it first time round, found it a bit meh this time.

Heat is very good but if you remember the hype around it on it's release, it falls a bit flat due to that I reckon.

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Got to feel for Costner; not only binned, but can't even get a "Harumph" that he's been binned.

Is that even a good film, I don't think I ever saw it, for me it's one of those you immediately think, what, another Hollywood Robin Hood story, who'd watch that and then never go back to it because that God awful song killed any remaining desire to do so.   

Hardly A Perfect World which didn't even make it, or Dances With Wolves, which will probably go out with three votes.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Is that even a good film, I don't think I ever saw it, for me it's one of those you immediately think, what, another Hollywood Robin Hood story, who'd watch that and then never go back to it because that God awful song killed any remaining desire to do so.   

Hardly A Perfect World which didn't even make it, or Dances With Wolves, which will probably go out with three votes.

I saw Prince of Thieves at the cinema.  It's OK, but far from great.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Prince of Thieves is ace any anyone who disagrees is a bad tory quiff. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Prince of Thieves is ace any anyone who disagrees is a bad tory quiff. 

There's a bit near the start where Costner and Freeman land  on the south coast and Kev says something like "we should be in Sherwood by sunset". That annoyed me disproportionately. 

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's a bit near the start where Costner and Freeman land  on the south coast and Kev says something like "we should be in Sherwood by sunset". That annoyed me disproportionately. 

Especially when they go via Hadrian's Wall.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, Prince of Thieves isn’t a truly great film but it is an entertaining one and makes for enjoyable viewing. It’s a steady 7/10. Alan Rickman is great in it. A 9/10 performance. 

Alan Rickman was great in most things.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Typical British story created for Americans but as Tony says, it’s enjoyable. 

And from a more tolerant pre-Brexit Britain ruled by an English-born Frenchman of Scandinavian ancestry who spent a lot of time in the Middle East, was thrown in jail in Austria after some dodgy real estate deals in Cyprus, probably didn't speak a word of English and is rumoured to have been a LGBT friendly king. 

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, Prince of Thieves isn’t a truly great film but it is an entertaining one and makes for enjoyable viewing. It’s a steady 7/10. Alan Rickman is great in it. A 9/10 performance. 

Yeah, think he was still primarily a stage actor at that point (Die Hard was his first film, PoT his 4/5th), he clearly loved the opportunity to go after the more absurd elements and chew the scenery a bit. Think him and Geraldine McEwan were trying to outdo each other through the whole film.

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm always amazed at what they managed to get into a PG movie. Torture, murder and attempted rape; rollicking entertainment for all the family.

And that Bryan Adams song. No child should be exposed to that.

27 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Even though I’m a kid of the 90s, well 80s really I was born 1983. I can’t think of any 90s films I really love, all of mine are 60s,70s and 80s.

The 90's pissed on 80s. I'd probably say the same for 70s and 60s but I've probably seen a total of 4 movies from those 20 years

23 minutes ago, Remmie said:

The 90's pissed on 80s. I'd probably say the same for 70s and 60s but I've probably seen a total of 4 movies from those 20 years

I would watch a good few 70s films before making any judgements.

• Upvote 1