You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

33 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Doesn't mean he's skint either. God i wish people would stop sticking up for extremely wealthy american businessmen.

Who's sticking up for him?

You're one of them dichotomy lovers, aren't you?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Behave yourself. Origi does need to go as does Shaqiri but to move a player on you need to have a willing buyer for a start, then the player needs to reach agreement. On top of all this why are you panicking ? The xfer window will be open for a while yet and I believe we will bring in players.

I liked the way the Mewling Quim took a headline of “Origi to stay” and interpreted as “the owners are shysters”. 

21 minutes ago, m0e said:

I’ve tried to reason with this Mewling Quim, but like some of his cohorts, I’m coming to the conclusion they are to fucking stupid to engage with. 

51 minutes ago, m0e said:

I love it how the Athletic or Echo shake the tree with their exclusives and the same old apples fall from the branches with the same diatribe.

So what if Villa drive themselves further into debt, so what if arsenal do the same taking a loan out to buy players? I keep saying it, it is the same mindset of 'buy anyone, someone. Just buy someone. There's serious book cooking going on. How is our wage bill more than city's or united's?'

Fuck my life. I feel like a hamster in one of those exercise wheels.

Edited by dockers_strike
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Doesn't mean he's skint either. God i wish people would stop sticking up for extremely wealthy american businessmen.

When they bought the club they laid out their plans that the club would be self sustaining. There was no waving 5 pound notes around. Maybe quite a lot of our fans are happy that the club is run this way?

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'll reserve judgement until the transfer window is over.

If we don't sign anyone I reserve the right to go full Daisy/Stroganoff.

Quite. There is 8.5 weeks of the window left. Just because the mancs have signed somebody who currently wouldn't get into our first 11 is no need to act like a hysterical fanny. 

I'll be clear for those posters who are a bit dim, if Konate is our only significant summer signing, I'll be disappointed.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why do people say this? Who the fuck is panicking? People who are concerned are not panicking they are pissed off because its the same shit every summer.

You can't expect Jurgen to constantly turn water into wine year on year, he has to have some level of investment. At this rate we won't have anybody left to sell.

Its the beginning of July and the transfer window shutting is a fair way off so the fact that you are crying about the club not spending suggests panic. Relax, enjoy the summer , stop and smell the flowers and see how things unfold.

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

We're not buying Mbappe mate. Not in a million years. Don't do it to yourself.

Don't disagree Johnny lad. Only thing I'd say is that from a business point of view it makes sense because he pays for himself and we could sell him on to say Real in a few years for a crazy profit. You might even make a profit out of him from extra sponsors, shirts sold and trophies won before that and he won't cause chaos in the dressing room with wages because he is basically the world superstar heading into the 20s. Sancho is a terrific talent to be fair but if he comes in, he rocks the boat big time in the dressing room and you don't get a ready made superstar to sell shirts - Sancho can get to that possibly but isn't that right now.

If Mbappe refuses to sign the new contract at PSG, the most likely outcome is that Real give them Varane and one or two players or money.

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

When are people going to wake up to these fucking shysters running our Club? They have no intent on being competitive as long as we come in the top 4 and keep that Champions League Money rolling in.

Origi should have been fucked off ages ago, the fact that the Club seem happy to keep him speaks volumes. Both him and Adrian are a waste of resources but crucially, mean FSG are justified in not spending any more money to replace them.

A few weeks back there was talk of a disastrous summer without top four now we have top four and nothing has changed. I guess Konate in, is because of the CL qualification.

I hate these fuckers with every fibre of my being, when Jurgen goes we are well and truly fucked. It will be like Jan to March but more regular with their penny pinching and lack of investment in the playing squad. Cunts the lot of them.

By the same token why do they keep them if they cost a fortune and contribute very little?

Surely they would shift them for little and not need replacements as they don't contribute anything anyway.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

By the same token why do they keep them if they cost a fortune and contribute very little?

Surely they would shift them for little and not need replacements as they don't contribute anything anyway.

Maybe because if they sold the players who don't contribute without replacing, Jurgen would have about 14-15 players at his disposal?

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They contribute cover, with minimal fuss. They know the system and are almost certainly liked by their teammates.

I reckon Klopp reckons if Origi gets a run of games, he'll be decent. And I'd go along with that.

What he can't do is come in and change games, like Jota and Shaqiri can.

Klopp would probably rather keep Origi as emergency cover than take a punt on someone who won't settle, who won't get the system, and who'll cost money to bring in.

Plus, no striker in their right mind, who wants to establish themselves, will join us to compete with our front 3 plus Jota.

Daka is a prime example. Werner, maybe the same.

Even Jota joined us knowing he was first in line for all 3 positions, and he wasn't even a guaranteed starter at Wolves.

It's not as simple as "buy better" and certainly not when squad harmony is high on the values list for Klopp.

We've had to put up with Babel, Ngog, Voronin and Solanke as our best option from the bench in the past.

Origi is on that level, and he's currently nowhere near our best option from the bench.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

sorry but Origi offers fuck all

Is that supposed to be a balanced response?

He offered fuck all in 2018, and everyone wanted him out.

Including Klopp.

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Does he fill you with confidence when he starts or comes off the bench? Or do you just have a hard on for the worldie vs Barca, I'm a cunt so he'd of got no new contract off me, he's 26 not some kid ffs

No, hence why I said its time he should move on. 

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He’s not taken it. It’s time to move on, but if it’s Origi or nobody, I’d keep Origi. 

If it's a choice between Origi and nobody it's because we are being too stubborn with our valuation of Origi. He's clearly not going to make it here. It doesn't do either of us any good to keep him here on the fringes of the squad. If we sold him and Minamino for the best price we could get for them, we'd have enough money to bring in a new player that could actually contribute. 

• Upvote 1