You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it time to start to question what's really happening?

Bruce Spanner

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Voter suppression - sorry, "protection from fraud" - coming in.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/politics/new-voter-id-laws-make-it-harder-for-young-people-to-vote/

Isn't Nadine Dorries taking over the electoral commission too or some shit?

Amazing how many Machiavelian geniuses over the centuries must have wanted to turn this country into their own private fiefdom, emasculate the pillars of state etc, and the one who managed it is this cretin.

Looks like the fail-safes weren't quite thought through.

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Voter suppression - sorry, "protection from fraud" - coming in.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/politics/new-voter-id-laws-make-it-harder-for-young-people-to-vote/

If only that was the most egregious, shameful part of the bill.

Changes to the electoral commission will allow meddling in decisions and lead to the gov of teh day being able to exert influence in the commissions work.

That's scary that they are thinking in the minutiae like this.

Also, they have extended the length of time voters can be away from Blighty and still vote, but more importantly the have opened the same policy up to political donors meaning all the cunts that exchanged their passports for more favourable tax regimes can now throw cash at these cunts from their tax havens and influence policy over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Feels a lot like the film a very British coup, the establishment, the toffs, public schoolboy network are absolutely terrified the working class ever has power in their favour. The media work overtime to make sure any option that swings power that way are painted as loonies, commies or unpatriotic. Milliband fucking Red Ed.. Jesus christ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

“Will you abolish first class travel and make everyone travel 3rd class?” 

“No, I’ll abolish 3rd class because I think everyone’s first class”. 

Actual line from a Very British Coup. 

“Will you nationalise sausages?”

Emma Barnett, for the BBC, ladies and gentlemen. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno, I think they're pushing too far and fast, there's gonna be major kickoffs and a groundswell of left wing opinion.

If you look at how GB news and Murdock's bullshit is floundering, beyond the usual hard core gammons this Rwanda stuff isn't playing well with the rank and file. 

Right wing sentiment and fascism tends to come out of a period of uncertainty where you can pain the establishment as the problem. Trump followed Obama, the Nazis followed democracy (chaotic democracy).

The Tories can't do that because they 'are' the system. What are they supposed to do, how are they supposed to sell it? The country we've built is shit - let's build a new one. 

What Johnson is trying to build is some kind of haphazard method of him slaloming past accountability for his endless fuckups, rather than some kind of ideological movement. 

Besides which, where is the power base for this new fascism? His media supporters are largely in the minority - even the Times and Telegraph are against him - much of his own unpaid troops can't stand him, the 'apparatus' of the state, such as the police and army, has been so whittled away it wouldn't be in any position to impose any kind of measures anyway.

You've got to be careful when you fuck with the British. You can play us with a deft hand, Barbour jackets and eccentric personas in the stately manor - but when you rub it in our face and try and put your boot on our throat, we kick off. 

Any coincidence that true social progress came in this country after the war when there were a lot of jobless young men around who knew how to use guns and had nothing to lose?

That's the key - you have to give the people you're trying to oppress enough to lose - those days are gone. 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Oh sweet Holy fuck, it's becoming a police state!

Do they not realise the trouble this is going to cause? That people will be hurt because of this plan, both physically and mentally?

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I enjoyed that, cheers.

I think there's some over think and hyperbole to it, but interesting nonetheless.

I did too but the same writer had an 'agenda' throughout. 

Covid is likely to do for public health what 9/11 did for the security state. Going through an airport, we still take off our shoes – because twenty years ago, some clown tried to light his shoe on fire.”Matthew B. Crawford 

Yep, he actually wrote that. An anti-masker ignoring all the people that actually died on 9/11. I'd be shocked if I wasn't shocked at all. 

The new public health despotism - UnHerd

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I did too but the same writer had an 'agenda' throughout. 

Covid is likely to do for public health what 9/11 did for the security state. Going through an airport, we still take off our shoes – because twenty years ago, some clown tried to light his shoe on fire.”Matthew B. Crawford 

Yep, he actually wrote that. An anti-masker ignoring all the people that actually died on 9/11. I'd be shocked if I wasn't shocked at all. 

The new public health despotism - UnHerd

Yeah, that's what i mean by the hyperbole.

The central argument is interesting, if flawed, but made worse as it's pushing a certain, retrospective, agenda.

20 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Disgusting headline by the BBC .

20220620_195056.jpg

Who is surprised at all though? Somebody having the audacity to push for better pay and conditions will always meet the tory propaganda machine at full force. I'd be more surprised if any headline was favouring the strikers outside of the Morning Star.

Fuck me, Ofcom are redefining what ‘impartiality’ is further reducing public broadcasters right of criticism, and effectively hobbling the already cowering BBC whilst allowing other broadcasters more ‘freedom of expression’.

This is fucking grim.

On R4 now and the Ofcom spokeswoman doesn’t even deny that this is government led.

I'm moving to Australia next year. My wife is from Sydney so it's always been on the cards. But as well as the massive fucking spiders, one thing which always had us both wavering was just how closed minded (and racist) the place seemed, even compared to the UK.

But I'm just completely done with this country now - we have arguably the most despicable government of my lifetime (and I grew up in the 80s) just riding roughshod over any semblance of fairness, clamping down on any avenues that could be used to criticise them. And all with the backing of 90% of the supposedly free press. Just cannot wait to get the fuck out of here...

• Upvote 9